Free State Project Forum
270472 Posts in 22076 Topics by 36312 Members / Latest Member: BeauFam5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 07:16:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  NH and Northern New England
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: NH and Northern New England  (Read 23713 times)
Rich T.
FSP Participant

Live Free in NH!

Ignore
NH and Northern New England
« on: March 31, 2004, 05:35:16 pm »

Hi folks,

I've been put in charge of the local group for the upper half of New England. The mailing list for it is NE-FSP@yahoogroups.com, please join in if you like. I will try to check this forum weekly.

Now that the weather is warming up, we can start planning some social events and outreach.

There are a few confirmed events, including the Porcupine Fest in June in Lancaster, NH. If you missed the Escape last year, you'll probably want to go to the Fest. If you did go to Escape, come up again and relive the good times! Tim Condon is organizing the Fest, so contact him for details.

Jason Sorens will be speaking at the NHLA Liberty Dinner on June 25. Detail at http://www.nhliberty.org

Amanda Phillips will be speaking at the VT LP convention on April 17. Porcupine Hardy Macia is running for governor. I'm sure he would appreciate your support. Smiley

We have the Porcupine Lunch Club at Milly's Tavern in Manchester every Saturday at Noon. The Porcupine Dinner Club at Martha's Exchange in Nashua, Saturdays at 6:30pm.

If anyone in ME or VT is working on something, please let me know.

There are some even "more local" groups, at least in NH. Justin Somma is organizing the Monadnock Porcupines (southeast NH). We almost have a Seacost group as well.

Ideally, I'd like to have a "coordinator" for each of the 3 states and regional/county organizers below them. If anyone is interested in these positions, please contact me.

Thanks,
Rich Tomasso
Rich T.
FSP Participant

Live Free in NH!

Ignore
Porcupine Picnic on June 19
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 07:47:13 pm »

Porcupine Picnic

Come one, come all! Mark your calendar for June 19th and join the Seacoast Porcupines group for a lunchtime picnic at the ocean. The event will be held at Odiorne Point State Park in Rye, NH at 12 noon.

We will be having our regular monthly meeting there while watching the big ships coming in and out of Portsmouth Harbor. Bring a picnic lunch, come meet your Seacoast porcupine neighbors, and find out what this active group is planning next!

Odiorne Point State Park http://www.nhstateparks.org/ParksPages/Odiorne/Odiorne.html is one of New Hampshire's gems. Odiorne Point offers beautiful views of the ocean and beaches; the Isles of Shoals can be seen far out in the Atlantic. An extensive network of trails leads through the woods to the rocky and sandy beaches along the ocean and the harbor. The Seacoast Science Center, which is located in the park, has exhibits relating to the natural and human history of Odiorne and the Seacoast area. For those brave enough to take a swim after the meeting, Wallis Sands State Beach is only 1 mile south on Route 1A.

Directions:
Take Interstate 95, US Route 4, or the Spaudling Turnpike to the Portsmouth traffic circle. From there, drive 2 miles south on US Route 1 to Elwyn Road on the left. Just before Elwyn road, a sign will say "To Beaches". An Exxon station is on the corner. Take a left onto Elwyn road and proceed 1.4 miles to Foyes corner and the stop sign. After stopping, go straight through, crossing Sagamore Road, onto Pioneer Road (Route 1A). Proceed 1.8 miles on Pioneer Road (which becomes Ocean Road) to the Odiorne State Park main entrance on the left.
There is a $3 per-visitor fee; children under 12 are free. Ask the person at the gate for the "Free State Project" group and they will direct you to our picnic area. We hope to see you all there!
chefbill1

I'm a llama!

Ignore
Re:NH and Northern New England
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 07:27:29 pm »

i live in somersworth New Hampshire, work in Portsmouth New hampshire and sell homes all over New Hampshire, please let me know how  i can help someone looking for a place to live Smiley
Rich T.
FSP Participant

Live Free in NH!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 07:57:13 am »

i live in somersworth New Hampshire, work in Portsmouth New hampshire and sell homes all over New Hampshire, please let me know how  i can help someone looking for a place to live Smiley

There is a moving and housing topic on the forum, plus the movingtonh yahoogroup. Those would be my guess as the top two places to get in touch with people looking for help.
cathleeninnh
FSP Treasurer
FSP Participant

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 01:19:10 pm »

We have the Porcupine Lunch Club at Milly's Tavern in Manchester every Saturday at Noon. The Porcupine Dinner Club at Martha's Exchange in Nashua, Saturdays at 6:30pm.

Are these still occuring? We are currently in Nashua.
What is the address of Martha's Exchange?

Cathleen
BlueLu

MMMMMMM! Monadnock

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 03:00:10 pm »

What is the address of Martha's Exchange?

185 Main St.

As downtown as it gets -- in Nashua.  
I seem to remember that the Boston Area Linux Users meet there too....

I cannot speak to whether the meetings are still going on.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 03:09:26 pm by BlueLu » Logged
Dave Mincin
FSP Participant

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 03:20:31 pm »

To the best of my knowledge, those meeting don't happen anymore, however the Merrimack Porcupines meet the 4th Saturday of every month in Manchester......and well also know you are always welcome at the Seacoast Porcupine meeting 3rd Saturday of each month! Smiley

Dave

Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!
JasonPSorens
Administrator

Neohantonum liberissimum erit.

Vermont Citizens for Property Rights meeting
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 02:51:24 pm »

I'll be speaking at the Vermont Citizens for Property Rights meeting at Charlmont Restaurant just north of Morrisville, VT on Saturday March 19 at 1 PM. I also spoke to CPR in 2003, when Vermont was still under consideration, and talked about some of the things Free Staters would do for property rights in Vermont if the state were chosen. This time I'll be telling them why they need to get out of VT and move to NH. Smiley

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
ravelkinbow

Email
Re: NH and Northern New England
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 01:42:03 pm »

Question:  Is there a group for the upper valley region, hanover, lebanon, grafton areas??  I was wondering because it is an area we are considering moving too this summer from Massachusetts.
Mike Lorrey
FSP Participant

Live Free and Never Die

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 01:50:34 pm »

Yes, the Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Local Group, which I used to lead, is now run by Jeremy Robert Furbish. The groups email list is dartmouth-porcs@yahoogroups.com. There are about 25-30 porcupines in that area.

The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time
ravelkinbow

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 01:57:59 pm »

Thanks, I will contact them.  Cheesy
S.Scogin
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 01:17:04 pm »

Hello, my name is Stone Scogin.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap housing in New Hampshire that will be available next summer.

I'm going to be attending school at Marlboro College in Vermont as a freshmen next year, and figured it'd be cheaper staying in New Hampshire for the summer than going back to New York, and I'll be moving to New Hampshire after I complete my degree at Marlboro (or possibly sooner if I can find a cheap way to get back and forth). 

So if anyone has any information regarding good places to live on the Western part of New Hampshire that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Stone

"There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is an idea whose time as come."-Hugo
wmlanza

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 10:09:27 pm »

hey guys, I'm looking for a local group in St, Johnsbury, VT or Littleton NH area.  Just moved to St. J from Dallas, getting closer and closer to NH  Smiley
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: