Free State Project Forum
271573 Posts in 22292 Topics by 36763 Members / Latest Member: foodtable9
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 10:01:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  Utah
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Utah  (Read 18385 times)
Rearden
FSP Participant

We're supposed to be activists, remember?

Ignore
Utah
« on: March 14, 2004, 12:03:19 am »

Group Leader: Ronald Levine

Email: ronald.h.levine AT aideq.com

Email List

Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."
Kelton Baker
Former FSP President
FSP Participant

Freedom is Free, it's tyranny that costs us dearly

Ignore
Re:Utah
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 09:10:25 am »

Just checking-in.  I have had so little time lately,  I recently started a new career while completing a move from Utah county to East Salt Lake City after a crazy situation where I was evicted through no fault of my own (it's a long story) and due to the move, my only opportunities to go online are through brief moments using the wifi at a local coffee shop.  Believe it or not,  still working my way out of a lot of debts, economic and otherwise, from that brief and hectic time volunteering as prez. of this fabulous FSP.

On the activist front, I have managed to befriend an owner of a talk radio station and being active with the Utah LP, which recently had a convention which I worked hard to change around in their constitution, mostly unsuccessfully, however.  I have also been meeting a few high-profile libertarians as the opportunities arise, including Boston T. Party.  Any other time is spent on putting up signs and giving-out bumper stickers for the Richard Mack for governor campaign; and yes,  dropping word of the FSP at every step along the way.

Give me some men who are stout-hearted men Who will fight for the right they adore. Start me with ten, who are stout-hearted men And I'll soon give you ten thousand more...--O. Hammerstein
alanrweiss
FSP Participant

Have a high performance day

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 01:54:11 am »

Just checking-in.  I have had so little time lately,  I recently started a new career while completing a move from Utah county to East Salt Lake City after a crazy situation where I was evicted through no fault of my own (it's a long story) and due to the move, my only opportunities to go online are through brief moments using the wifi at a local coffee shop.  Believe it or not,  still working my way out of a lot of debts, economic and otherwise, from that brief and hectic time volunteering as prez. of this fabulous FSP.

On the activist front, I have managed to befriend an owner of a talk radio station and being active with the Utah LP, which recently had a convention which I worked hard to change around in their constitution, mostly unsuccessfully, however.  I have also been meeting a few high-profile libertarians as the opportunities arise, including Boston T. Party.  Any other time is spent on putting up signs and giving-out bumper stickers for the Richard Mack for governor campaign; and yes,  dropping word of the FSP at every step along the way.

Hello and Salutations to my friend Kelton Baker!

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time of it, Kelton ... but I know your hard work and perserverance will serve you well as you wind your way through the issues in your life.   Don't be afraid to reach out, amigo.

I'm curious to know how your conversation went with ol' Ken Royce, aka Boston T. Party.  Can you write me about that?

Best Regards,

Alan R. Weiss
FSP Member and Organizer
aweiss@freestateproject.org

Alan R. Weiss
CEO, Synchromesh Computing, LLC
6300 Bridgepoint Parkway
Bridgepoint Parkway, Suite 125
Austin, Texas 78730 USA
Voice: 512-219-0302 Fax: 512-219-0402
Skype: alanrweiss78726 AIM: alanrweiss78726 SMS: 5125176507@mobile.mycingular.com
Email: alan@synchromeshcomputing.com
Kelton Baker
Former FSP President
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 09:54:10 am »

***urgent message***

Rep. Ron Paul will be speaking in Highland tonight.

see:

http://www.rescueutahed.com/events.html

unfortunately, I will not be able to attend;  I must work late tonight and it looks like there is little chance I am getting out from under some of my work obligations in time to attend.

Give me some men who are stout-hearted men Who will fight for the right they adore. Start me with ten, who are stout-hearted men And I'll soon give you ten thousand more...--O. Hammerstein
Kelton Baker
Former FSP President
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 09:45:01 am »

Miraculously,  (I don't just use the word lightly ),  I managed to attend the event with Ron Paul; it was fantastic.  I really love his talent for communicating libertarian ideas to conservatives.  I only counted the word 'libertarian' once, when he announced at the beginning of his speech that he is a "civil libertarian",  but he still got a lot of people thinking and talking about ideas after it was all over,  especially Ron Paul's condemnation of the War on Terror, the "war" in Iraq, and his most fierce condemantion of the "Patriot Act" and the bastards in Congress that outlawed guns on planes and promoted hijacking policies that allowed 9-11 to happen.

I saw a lot of Bush-loving neo-conservatives with their jaws dropping wide open to hear another Republican, Ron Paul, denounce neo-con policies; and they quickly came to agree.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 11:52:27 pm by Kelton Baker » Logged

Kelton Baker
Former FSP President
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 12:03:22 am »

A friendly hello to anybody out there who may be near me here in Utah.  I live halfway between Liberty Park and Salt Lake's famous Porcupine Pub & Grille.

I have been working a lot lately, and not much of an activist for it, but I do take a day or two off every weekend.  Let me know if you want to meet. liberty@keltonbaker.com

liberty418

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 04:52:05 pm »

Hi Kelton,
I will be back in Salt Lake City by Sunday the 15th and will be attending the U. of U. this fall.  Just finished a three week vacation in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.  I also made a two day scouting trip of Hillsboro, Keene and Portsmouth New Hampshire.  Would love to meet for coffee when I get to town.  How can I get in touch with you?  I don't yet know what my phone numbers will be.  You could leave me a note at my mailbox at the UPS store at 358 S. 700 E. #B315 and leave your contact info./ phone numbers.

Sincerely,

Stephen Jones
shyfrog
FSP Participant

Fear is the foundation of most governments

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 01:53:11 pm »

Just thought I'd introduce myself briefly.

I'm in central Utah (Santaquin) and have joined in hopes of making the move (if employment and housing permits) with my family (wife and 5 children). We're all very involved in the community (wife is an EMT and drives the ambulance, I serve on the board of directors of and run sound for the local Youth Theater). I know we could offer a lot, not only as libertarian/free staters, but as skilled, talented, contributors to free association and commerce.

I am also currently hosting and maintaining, to the best of my ability, the Libertarian Party of Utah site (http://www.lputah.org).

So hello fellow Utah Porcupines!

Transition_Force
First 1000
FSP Participant

Ignore
Re: Utah
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 07:51:50 pm »

Are there any Southern Utahns in the FSP?
Transition_Force
First 1000
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 10:16:31 pm »

If anyone is interested in having a FSP meeting in the SLC, send me a PM, post a message here, or send me an email at Transition DOT Force AT gmail DOT com
purify

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 03:25:27 pm »

If anyone is interested in having a FSP meeting in the SLC, send me a PM, post a message here, or send me an email at Transition DOT Force AT gmail DOT com

Greetings,
few other freedom fighters in the SLC area here, new to site, just logged in!

Interested and intrigued.
10stateswithnh

Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 10:08:19 am »

There's a newer thread for Utah here: http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=20566.0

Welcome!

I live in Vernal, UT, and hope to have some meetups in SLC once the weather is nice enough for me to feel safe driving to Salt Lake, maybe around April. I will not be in the state that long, I plan to move to NH as part of a caravan in Sept 2011.

Also check out the Yahoo group UtahFSP, which I am a member of. There are maybe a dozen or so members, mostly in the Wasatch Front.

Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: