Free State Project Forum
271573 Posts in 22292 Topics by 36763 Members / Latest Member: foodtable9
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 10:43:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  Chicago/Milwaukee
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicago/Milwaukee  (Read 35247 times)
Rearden
FSP Participant

We're supposed to be activists, remember?

Ignore
Chicago/Milwaukee
« on: March 10, 2004, 02:30:12 am »

Group Leader: Tim Bauman

Email: tbauman14 AT earthlink.net

Email List

Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."
timba2112
FSP Participant

Ignore
Re:Chicago/Milwaukee
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 09:27:15 pm »

Ok, I'm here and educating myself on what's here in the forum for Local Groups.  I have to study up on how to use this forum's interface.....

Tim Bauman
tbauman14 at earthlink.net
Victor VI
FSP Participant

I'm a unicorn! Wanna play leap-frog?

Ignore
Re:Chicago/Milwaukee
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 08:21:16 pm »

The Chicago-Milwaukee group will be meeting the first Saturday of every month, starting on Saturday, November 6, 2004.

TIME: 5:00 PM cocktails & conversation, 6:00 PM dinner.
WHERE: Tiffany's Restaurant, 2179 E. Touhy, Des Plaines, IL
MENU: http://www.menudirectories.com/Rosemt/Tiffanys.pdf

RSVP Appreciated
Email: tbauman14 AT earthlink.net

I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.
--Grover Norquist
pcwallis

Email
Re: Chicago/Milwaukee
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 07:21:43 pm »

Hi Tim

What's new
Phil Wallis
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
kater
the greater
FSP Participant

NH Resident

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 08:12:47 am »

I was going to say that you might want to reach out to this woman, but in the literal sense, that's probably not a good idea.  Grin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/26/AR2005072601245_pf.html
Woman Convicted of Groping Screener
The Associated Press
Tuesday, July 26, 2005; 9:26 PM

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- A woman who was upset over being searched bodily at an airport was convicted Tuesday of assaulting a security screener by grabbing the federal officer's breasts.

A federal jury heard the case against retired teacher Phyllis Dintenfass, who also allegedly shoved the screener during the search at the Outagamie County Regional Airport in Appleton in September 2004.

Dintenfass, 62, faces up to a year in federal prison and $100,000 in fines. The judge set sentencing for Nov. 1.

On Monday, Transportation Security Administration screening supervisor Anita Gostisha testified that Dintenfass activated metal detectors at a checkpoint, and she heard Dintenfass say she thought the problem was bobby pins and barrettes in her hair.

Gostisha said she took the woman to another screening area, where she used a handheld wand. Gostisha said she was following protocol when she also performed a "limited pat-down search."

Gostisha said she was using the back of her hands to search the area underneath Dintenfass' breasts when the woman lashed out at her.

"She said `How would you like it if I did that to you?' and slammed me against the wall," Gostisha testified. "She came at me and grabbed my breasts and squeezed them."

Distenfass claimed she acted in self-defense.

"I said, 'What are you doing? No one's done that to me before,'" she said. "And she kept going ... for what felt like an interminably long time."

Dintenfass denied shoving Gostisha, but admitted putting her hands on the agent's breasts.

"I was mortified that I had done that," she said. "I was reacting to what felt like an absolute invasion of my body."

U.S. Attorney Steven Biskupic said TSA officers perform a vital service and are entitled to protection from assault.

It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com
SteveA
FSP Participant

Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 09:11:13 am »

U.S. Attorney Steven Biskupic said TSA officers perform a vital service and are entitled to protection from assault.

If the TSA considers having one of their officers breasts groped "assault", then wouldn't passengers having their breasts groped be considered assaulted as well?  Or is it assualt only when a government representative is the recipient that the definition changes?

"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."
Friday

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:55:47 am »

The Heartland Institute, http://www.heartland.org/Benefit2005/welcome.cfm, will be holding its 21st Anniversary Benefit Dinner on Tuesday, Sept. 13 in the Grand Ballroom of the Hilton Chicago Hotel in downtown Chicago.  Tickets are on sale now. The FSP's Assistant Volunteer Coordinator (and your local group leader), Tim Bauman, will be attending. If you're an FSP member or friend who will be attending this event, please say hello to Tim, talk up the FSP to other attendees,and encourage them to take one of our lovely brochures from the information table. Thank you!  Smiley

Heartland's mission is to help build social movements in support of ideas that empower people. Such ideas include parental choice in education, choice and personal responsibility in health care, market-based approaches to environmental protection, privatization of public services, and deregulation in areas where property rights and markets do a better job than government bureaucracies.
MoonChaser
FSP Participant

I Climbed Mt. Liberty!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 04:06:01 pm »

Greetings fellow Chicago Porcs!

Just moved here from MI (YES I know I went in the wrong direction!  Grin  I'm just here temporarily, like a year or two so I can save up to make the BIG move  Cool )

Does this group still meet regularly?  Any meetings near CTA/Metra/Pace lines?

"Paradise, can it be all I heard it was
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there"
(Quote from "Blue Collar Man" by Styx)
Denis Goddard
First 1000
FSP Participant

Free the Mallocs!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 04:36:16 pm »

Does this group still meet regularly?

There is at least some chatter on the Yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chic-Milw-FSP/

In addition to posting here, you might want to sign up on that group too.

JMC

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 02:50:11 am »

I wanted to give everone an update on the Chicago/Milwaukee local group. 

!!! - We have a simple web site - www.FSPillinois.org.   For starters we have contact and meeting information on the site.  Eventually we would like to have more content.

A little change in the group setup - the Milwaukee area has started their own local group.  Of course Wisconsin members are still welcome to come to the Chicago area meeting, but hopefully it makes it a little easier for them to attend a local meeting.  Smiley

Additionall there currently is no local group coordinator in the ST Louis area so we have taken in FSP members on Illinois side of the Mississippi and are including them in our monthly emails and meeting invitations.  Check out our web site, www.FSPillinois.org, for meeting dates and location. We meet the first Saturday of every month. 

Did I mention check out our web site, www.FSPillinois.org, and stop by one of our monthly meeting?  Wink
JMC

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 10:48:37 pm »

Just a quick reminder that our next meeting Saturday January 6th at 6pm. 

Tiffany's Restaurant
2179 E. Touhy
Des Plaines,IL 60018
(847) 298-7733

http://www.fspillinois.org/MonthlyMeeting.htm
gmgauthi

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 04:21:38 pm »

Is the February meeting going to happen? I am planning on attending.

Thanks,
Greg.

Thanks,
Greg.
JMC

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 12:28:01 pm »

Just a quick reminder that our next meeting Saturday February 3rd at 6pm.

Tiffany's Restaurant
2179 E. Touhy
Des Plaines,IL 60018
(847) 298-7733

JMC

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 06:46:29 pm »

Just a quick reminder that our next meeting Saturday March 3rd at 6pm.

Tiffany's Restaurant
2179 E. Touhy
Des Plaines,IL 60018
(847) 298-7733

JMC

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 07:48:01 am »

Just a quick reminder that our next local group meeting is Saturday April 7th at 6pm. (Shooting match at 3:30)

Tiffany's Restaurant
2179 E. Touhy
Des Plaines,IL 60018
(847) 298-7733

or
http://www.tiffanysrestaurant.net
Pages: [1] 2 3  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: