Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida  (Read 14248 times)

Rearden

• FSP Participant
  • We're supposed to be activists, remember?
    • Free State Project
Florida
« on: March 10, 2004, 02:19:48 am »

Group Leader: Tim Condon

Email: tcondon AT condon.net

Email List
Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."

synthbaron

Re:Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 12:12:48 am »

If anyone's interested in meeting up in Florida, go ahead and join the FSP-Florida Yahoo! Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSP-Florida

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Florida
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 12:18:08 pm »

I'll be speaking to the College Libertarians at Florida State University from 5-7 PM on March 17. Location TBA, contact Gaurav Ahuja at antigovernmentATcomcast.net for details.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 07:44:01 pm »

The Tallahassee event has been CANCELED. The person who scheduled the event at Florida State says he was unable to reserve a room or venue of any kind.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

nshorts

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:06:44 pm »

I'm a new member of the FSP, and chair of the Alachua County LP. Figured I'd say Hi  ;D

see you in the free state,

Nick

Neal Conner

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Republica Neo Hantoniensis
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 08:42:43 pm »

Hey all!

I'm president of the Libertarian Activist Network at the University of Florida in Gainesville and also vice-chair of the Alachua County LP. We'd love to help out and promote the FSP in any way possible, so please let us know of any opportunities.

It would be great if there's someone who could speak to us on behalf of the Free State Project. (It'd have to be in the spring semester.)

Thanks!

(Oh, and I'm also an FSP member, and a PorcFest '06 veteran. See you all at next summer's fest!)
"To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity." – Howard Roark

Klaus

• FSP Participant
  • (The Swiss) are most armed and most free.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 12:18:05 am »

Hey Neal how's it going?

There's quite a few Porcs in Northern Florida and there's been talk off and on about starting a FSP local group somewhere near you.  I know Marty Humphrey (he's nearer Pensacola) wants to get a local group going so maybe you two could work on something.

Tell you what; you get a FSP local group started and I'll come down and speak, or even better, I'll come down and listen :).  Let me know how I can help.

Nik Ludwig

Hey all!

I'm president of the Libertarian Activist Network at the University of Florida in Gainesville and also vice-chair of the Alachua County LP. We'd love to help out and promote the FSP in any way possible, so please let us know of any opportunities.

It would be great if there's someone who could speak to us on behalf of the Free State Project. (It'd have to be in the spring semester.)

Thanks!

(Oh, and I'm also an FSP member, and a PorcFest '06 veteran. See you all at next summer's fest!)
All the armies in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come.
- Victor Hugo

Neal Conner

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Republica Neo Hantoniensis
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 05:33:46 pm »

UPDATE:

Florida Porcupines Facebook Group.
Please join here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=45822834960

We're seeking speakers to come to the University of Florida and breed some porcupines in Spring of 2009!

(Nik, I think this counts as starting a group.
Don, in your own words, "What the hell are you waiting for?"
Jason, we'll carve you a porcupine meerschaum pipe.)
"To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity." – Howard Roark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything