Free State Project Forum
270450 Posts in 22070 Topics by 36296 Members / Latest Member: Kipper
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 10:26:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  Coastal VA and NC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coastal VA and NC  (Read 19405 times)
Rearden
FSP Participant

We're supposed to be activists, remember?

Ignore
Coastal VA and NC
« on: March 10, 2004, 02:16:50 am »

Group Leader: Bryan Stevenson

Email: punkrawk AT risenweb.com

Email List

Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."
punkrawk
FSP Participant

Fear is the foundation of most governments -Adams

Ignore
Re: Coastal VA and NC
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 11:23:55 am »

First ever local group meeting coming up in February!  Here are the details:

Date/Time: February 19th, 1:00pm
             1412 Greenbrier Pkwy
             Chesapeake, VA 23320
Agenda: Discuss ways we can promote the FSP in our area.  There are too many freedom lovers here that still have never heard of the Free State Project.

I picked Greenbrier because it's easily accessible off of the interstate and pretty central for Southside porcs.  Our group area is pretty large, so I'm willing to move the meeting around in the future to accommodate as many people as possible.  Hope to see you there.

-Bryan Stevenson
"to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical" - Thomas Jefferson
punkrawk
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 09:50:43 am »

The first meeting went well.  We had 3 attendees, including myself, which was 3 times what I thought we'd have.  We're really going to try to push hard for some radio coverage locally.  The morning guy is libertarian, has the number 1 show, and this is the 39th largest radio market in the nation.  The station does a yearly event called TalkFest where they bring in some national radio talent and sell booths.  We hope to have a table set up there as well.

We're also going to be posting FSP flyers at all of the local universities and community colleges.  The flyers on the web site are OK, but we're going to make some with our local group info.

The next meeting will be Sunday afternoon, March 20th.  I'll post more details in a few days.

-Bryan Stevenson
"to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical" - Thomas Jefferson
bookish_lass

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 10:14:12 am »

Excellent!   Smiley
RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 01:34:43 pm »

Guys I am going to be in your neck of the woods in late april.   How would you feel about me setting up a meeting like the one you had at Panera Bread in February?

In fact, I'm guessing the best thing would be to have it in the same place!    I can bring some pics, you guys can grill me about life in NH (I moved in 04) and I can implant you with a mind control chip that makes you want to move here even more ! Smiley

So here's my brainstorm for when and where:

Wed. April 27
7PM-10PM
Panera Bread (near Greenbrier Mall)
1412 Greenbrier Pkwy
Chesapeake, VA 23320

I may try to promote this with a Letter-to-editor or something but could use some help spreading the word.   Post here if you have anything to suggest or add...

The Revolution is now Televised
http://RidleyReport.com
punkrawk
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 10:39:27 am »

That sounds good.  I can't promise anything in regards to the turnout, but if we do some legwork here locally I think it would be very successful.  I've got some details to work on this week to get a booth at a gunshow, but I'll get with you first thing next week to confirm this.  BTW, we need volunteers to man the booth this Saturday and Sunday, April 2nd and 3rd.  Email me if you can help punkrawk@risenweb.com

Dada, are you going to need a place to stay?  I could probably round up some good 'ole southern hospitality for you if you need it.

-Bryan Stevenson
RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 08:46:49 pm »

sent this or some variation of to the daily press and the pilot

Dear folks at the Daily Press:

With regard to your March 29 special report on Newport News and the state losing 618,000 in taxpayer money...

It's not my place to say what Virginians should or shouldn't do to prevent their tax dollars from being stolen by the state and then misused.   I will just say this:  If you want to fight back *and* see your freedoms increase while your taxes drop, do what I did. 

Join the Free State Project, escape to New Hampshire and become a freedom activist here.   Over 100 of us have already done so, with 6,500 others pledged to follow...voting with their feet against the petty tyrannies which have overtaken most of the nation.  We already have the most freedom in the lower 48 and are scoring small victories.  But for bigger successes, we need *you.*

If you'd like to know more, I'd be honored to answer your questions personally.  On Wednesday, April 27, from 7 to 10 p.m., I will be holding a Free State Project social at Panera Bread, 1412 Greenbrier Pkwy in Chesapeake.  You're invited!

You can also visit FreeStateProject.org or call 888-532-4604.  Reach me directly at _____.  I look forward to meeting you.

RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 06:59:47 am »

OK so the final plan: 

Free Stater meeting, Wednesday, April 27, from 7 to 10 p.m.
Panera Bread, 1412 Greenbrier Pkwy in Chesapeake VA
 See ya there...

Evenstar
FSP Participant

FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 02:55:38 pm »

I'd love to attend one of these meetings.  At the moment my husband and I (and our 11 month old son) are living in MD with his parents, but my parents are in Suffolk, and we visit regularly.  We also plan to move back into the area for a few years to get ourselves settled on our own not completely away from our support before we make the move to New Hampshire.  Any chance of another meeting near the middle of the month in the next month or two?  (I know exactly where that Panera Bread is and think it's a GREAT place for a meeting.)

Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day at a time.
Maybe I've finally found it... in NH! (www.FreeStateProject.org)
Visit my blog.
punkrawk
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 04:00:52 pm »

Hey Evenstar, welcome to the group.  There's a mid-atlantic group that meets in DC which you may be able to attend as well while  you're up in Maryland.

I would like to do have another meeting but I've had a hard time finding a time that works for everyone.  I saw you joined the yahoo! group.  I'll be sending an update there soon.

-Bryan Stevenson
Evenstar
FSP Participant

FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 04:19:24 pm »

I also joined the Mid-Atlantic group, as I don't truly feel myself in one state or the other at this time, I figured I'd join both.  Smiley

Searching for my place in "Life, the Universe, and Everything" one day at a time.
Maybe I've finally found it... in NH! (www.FreeStateProject.org)
Visit my blog.
punkrawk
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 04:41:14 pm »

August Get Together Scheduled

Date/Time: August 20th, 6:00pm
             1412 Greenbrier Pkwy
             Chesapeake, VA 23320
Agenda: Hang out with some cool, freedom loving folk.  Talk about promotoing the FSP locally.  Discuss the FSP mission statement, goals, and future.

-Bryan Stevenson
maulotaur

Email
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 03:32:34 am »

I just found out about this 'group' and wanted to check it out.  I am currently learning more about the FSP and have made a visit to NH this month to look around. 

Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: