Free State Project Forum
270971 Posts in 22148 Topics by 36464 Members / Latest Member: MitchelWed
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 02:22:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  Western Pennsylvania
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Western Pennsylvania  (Read 22250 times)
Rearden
FSP Participant

We're supposed to be activists, remember?

Ignore
Western Pennsylvania
« on: March 10, 2004, 02:12:55 am »

Group Leader: Ian Donaldson

Email: imd102 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Email List
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 07:49:25 am by bookish_lass » Logged

Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."
Dave Mincin
FSP Participant

I'm a llama!

Ignore
Re:Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 09:52:42 am »

The WPA Porcupines is currently leaderless.  Hoping we might have a Burger out there willing to dive in!

VOLUNTEERS! Wink

Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!
GCG199
FSP Participant

Friendly Libertarian Drumhead!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 11:07:51 pm »

Myself and Jeff Murphy are going to take over the WPA FSP group for now. Please feel free to contact me at: gcg199 (at) yahoo.com.
                  Thank you,
                                     Greg Geraci

TANSTAAFL

"Power is knowledge applied".
imd102

Art Bell is my hero

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 12:10:11 pm »

Greg, I have talked to Dave recently about taking over the WPA local group and am looking to put together a meeting in January. I am currently in finals season at school, so I haven't been out here lately, but I recieved a list of WPA members and have been working here at school to find others who I think will be interested in attending.

Let me know your ideas and hopefully we can work together to get something up in running. I have just recently learned of FSP so I have not attended any local meetings before, and I look forward to getting together and meeting the folks.

Take care,
Ian
Dave Mincin
FSP Participant

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 03:48:06 pm »

Ian, Greg,

I will be in the Burg December 22-28.  Perhaps we could get together for a mini-meeting, or just a bite or a drink sometime while I'm in town.

Dave

Please join us!

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

GCG199
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 12:24:33 am »

Dave, I sent you an e-mail message to your gmail account. (I saw that you had changed here on the FSP form.) I saw your message on the WPA FSP group list about your visit to the Pittsburg area for Christmas.

Ian, I am glad to have you on board. Please contact me ASAP so we can start working on ideas (look in my profile listing for my e-mail or Instant Messaging contact info). 3 people working around the Pittsburgh area is actually a good thing Grin. We need all the help we can get! I will tell Jeff Murphy about you.
Take care,
                   Greg Geraci

TANSTAAFL

imd102

Art Bell is my hero

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 07:12:19 pm »

Dave, I would like to get together and meet while you are in town if possible, and I would hope Greg could make it as well. The 23rd & 27th would work best for me. Let me know your schedules and we can try and hopefully meet face to face.

Ian.
Dave Mincin
FSP Participant

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 11:43:35 am »

Ian...The 27th looks good for me.  I have Greg's number, and will touch base with you and he, when I get in.  Expect we can put something together.

Dave

Please join us!

GCG199
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 08:35:18 pm »

Ian,
I talked to Dave Mincin today (the 24th). He has forgotten to bring your phone number down with him on his visit. Please contact me at gcg199 (at) yahoo (dot) com or give me a call at: 412-828-3575.

We will be meeting sometime on the 27th around the Verona/Oakmont area. It could change though.
                    Thank you,
                                        Greg Geraci

TANSTAAFL

PintofStout
FSP Participant

The Dude Abides!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 10:05:09 am »

I was having a discussion of ideas for a local group to do on the Soulawakenings website; we came up with some ideas for April 15th, the Steerlers' playoff game, and just a general activity.

For the Steelers' games, there are always people walking around collecting donations, etc for different groups.  I figured we could join the fray.  Wearing a sandwich board or just putting up some big signs and having a tailgate!  It would be fun and festive, and lots of people will see us.  I'll bring the brats!

Also, on tax day we could do the usual protest outside a post office, or we could dress as indians and dump plastic barrels with "IRS" or "Taxes" written on them into the river.  If the barrels are tied off to something, we can pull them back in, which will make "the Man" happy.  If we can coordinate aTea Party Day with other local groups, we cold have it done simultaneously across the country, which may get national news coverage (at least a quirky snippet).

Finally, as PA cracks down on poker games while dipping its hand into the gambling pot, we could set up a poker table in front of the County Courthouse or several buildings at once, and have signs demanding the gov get out of our games/lives etc.  We could sit and play for fake money or just chips.

My two cents.  Looking forward to a meeting soon.  Let me know if I can help.

Jeff

You Moos sure can party!
Dave Mincin
FSP Participant

I'm a llama!

Ignore
Re: Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 11:32:54 am »

Jeff,

I would encourage you to contact Ian and Greg directly.  They are working together on getting a local group up and running.
Like your idea about tailgating, that's always a good time and spreading letting the folks know about the FSP, is always a winner.

Looks like if you are up for it, the three of you can get things rolling pretty quick.  I still have some local contacts so please keep me informed of your progress.

BTW Ian, and Greg...great meeting you, and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Dave

Please join us!

GCG199
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 11:53:27 pm »

Hello Dave:
I already talk to Jeff quite a bit by e-mail. I told Ian to contact him too. Ian has contacted me and I have passed on a lot of my contact info to him.
Thank you and Take Care,
                                      Greg Geraci

TANSTAAFL

Dave Mincin
FSP Participant

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 01:35:12 pm »

Greg,

Super!  Sounds like you guys are well on your way!  Thanks so much,
we really need and appreciate your efforts.

Dave

Please join us!

JasonPSorens
Administrator

Neohantonum liberissimum erit.

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 10:04:04 am »

On Tuesday March 15 at 6:00 PM, I'll be speaking at the University of Pittsburgh Law School, 3900 Forbes Avenue (there will be signs to the room). The event is open to the public and is being sponsored by the Federalist Society. The topic of my talk is "Secession and Democracy."

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
imd102

Art Bell is my hero

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 01:01:59 pm »

Thanks for posting the info Jason.

Sorry I have been a no show on the boards lately, but I am glad we were able to get this appearance put together.

Everyone come out!!!! It should be a great time.
Pages: [1] 2  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: