Free State Project Forum
268865 Posts in 21891 Topics by 36086 Members / Latest Member: mikueve646
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 05:10:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  Connecticut
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Connecticut  (Read 49720 times)
Rearden
FSP Participant

We're supposed to be activists, remember?

Ignore
Connecticut
« on: March 10, 2004, 02:06:52 am »

Group Leader: Jason Sorens

Email: jsorens@freestateproject.org

Email List
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 07:39:25 am by bookish_lass » Logged

Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."
lloydbob1

Email
Re:Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 05:42:59 pm »

Hello CT Porcs
I am moving to NH next month.  It would be good if a remaining CT Porc could take over the duties of CT Media Coordinator and Greeter. I have not coordinated any media since the vote, and, unfortunatly, have had no greeting to do, so, it is not a big deal.
I could handle this stuff from NH, but, it would be better if someone in CT was doing it.
Lloyd
JasonPSorens
Administrator

Neohantonum liberissimum erit.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 07:27:00 pm »

Mary and I got a car this week, so I'm finally able to roam beyond the confines of Yale & downtown New Haven.  What that means is that I'd like to get involved in reviving a CT local group.  I've signed up at http://fsp.meetup.com to vote on a time for next month's meeting, but there may well not be enough people for that to work, so perhaps we can arrange a meeting here.

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
lloydbob1

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 08:53:35 am »

On Saturday, Sept. 18, the FSP will have a tent at the Mass-Cann 'Hempfest' on the Common in Boston, as a recruitment effort.  30,000-50,000 people will attend this event.
Lloyd
esstmaeb

Ignore
Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 07:40:22 am »

Only have about an hour a week at very particular times...

But would like to help out if I can.

Any ideas?
bookish_lass

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 03:35:19 pm »

Were you wanting to get involved in the CT local group?  It looks like they're putting together a newspaper ad.  Or were you wanting to do something on your own each week?  Here are some ideas:

You could talk to Dave Mincin dmincin@freestateproject.org, the volunteer coordinator, to see if he's got a job for you.  Or post what sorts of things you're interested in, and maybe we can find a specific task for you.  Hope that helps!

Kat
ktrout01

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 06:53:49 pm »

Just checking in. I was forwarded the link to the FSP home page and it's very interesting and something I would to consider and get involved in.
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 07:55:30 am »

Just checking in. I was forwarded the link to the FSP home page and it's very interesting and something I would to consider and get involved in.

Excellent!  We're having a meeting in New Haven, CT next month.  I'll announce it here once the day/time/place are set.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 07:55:39 am by JasonPSorens » Logged

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 02:49:35 pm »

I'm pleased to announce that the Free State Project will be holding a
get-together in New Haven, CT on Wednesday December 15 at 8 PM.  We'll be
meeting at Anna Liffey's, 17 Whitney Ave, 203-773-1776.  It's an Irish
restaurant with dinner entrees and a full bar.  The purpose of the event
is mainly just to socialize, to meet our future neighbors in New
Hampshire.  However, we'll also talk a bit about more ways we can use the
New London eminent domain case to recruit freedom-friendly Connecticut
residents to relocate to NH.

Please let me know whether you're coming!  You can RSVP by email or on our
local group's website:
http://fsp.meetup.com (look for New Haven, CT)

JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 09:02:06 am »

We had our first CT local group meetup last night!  Seven people came, and conversation went on for three hours before we disbanded at 11 PM.  We're thinking about doing the next meetup in Danbury, CT on a Friday evening in the latter half of January.  In the meantime, think of ways to pull a publicity stunt or make a media splash here!  One of the group said she may be able to get us on Fox News.  So we'll see how that works out.

JasonPSorens
Administrator

Re: Connecticut
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 01:07:19 pm »

The next Connecticut FSP meeting will be at Molten Java Coffee Roasters in Bethel, CT on Friday January 21 at 7 PM.  The location was chosen because it's pretty central to everyone who came to the first meeting.  Before the meeting, think of some ideas for publicity & recruiting in our area.  They can be activities designed to get media attention, or simply direct publicity (an example of this would be chalking sidewalks at a park, which the DC group has done, or a leafletting).  At the meeting we'll compare ideas & decide on an activity.  For info on the meeting (such as address of venue) go here:
http://fsp.meetup.com/4/events/3904433/ .

JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 06:00:02 pm »

The next Connecticut FSP meeting will be at Molten Java Coffee Roasters in Bethel, CT on Friday January 21 at 7 PM.  The location was chosen because it's pretty central to everyone who came to the first meeting.  Before the meeting, think of some ideas for publicity & recruiting in our area.  They can be activities designed to get media attention, or simply direct publicity (an example of this would be chalking sidewalks at a park, which the DC group has done, or a leafletting).  At the meeting we'll compare ideas & decide on an activity.  For info on the meeting (such as address of venue) go here:
http://fsp.meetup.com/4/events/3904433/ .

Just a reminder... See you tomorrow!

JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 01:54:37 pm »

Connecticut Free Staters--

There will be a rally on Sunday Feb 20th at 3 PM in New London across
from Union Station to support the homeowners of that city whose eminent
domain case is shortly being heard by the Supreme Court. The FSP has done
some advertising in New London to show our support, and we'd like to have
a strong presence at this rally. Some New Hampshire Free Staters will be
coming down with flyers to hand out. The Castle Coalition will be
providing signs for us. All you need to do is show up! I'll be there
myself, so I hope to see you there. Here's more info on the event from
Fred with the Castle Coalition:

---------------------------------
    It's at the intersection of State St. and Bank St.
in New London. Therally will last about an hour and a
half at the most. It's a sendofffor the plaintiffs in
the case, so we'll talk it up, have them speak ifthey
wish, and generally make a public statement of
suipport for themand opposition to the abuse of
eminent domain and the wrongheadednessof development
plans that demand it when it is not only
unnecessary,but counterproductive. We're sending a
press release out to print,radio and TV media outlets
on Monday. After the rally any number ofpeople will
retire to one of the local restaurants or taverns.
You'd bewelcome to join us if you like. Fred

JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 12:57:15 pm »

I'll be doing an interview about the FSP on "Max and the Wiz," a program on Yale Radio AM 1340 at 5 PM this Friday.

JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 08:39:34 am »

I'll be doing an interview about the FSP on "Max and the Wiz," a program on Yale Radio AM 1340 at 5 PM this Friday.

This interview has been postponed to April 15, same time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: