Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making sure "Friends of FSP" from NH get full perks  (Read 1165 times)

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Making sure "Friends of FSP" from NH get full perks
« on: February 02, 2004, 04:31:46 am »

NH residents are, for obvious reasons, unable to sign a statement that says they will "move to New Hampshire."  So they technically can't join the FSP as full members....

However they can join as "Friends of the FSP," and if they do they should get all the perks that a "member" would receive.  There aren't many such perks, but they should get 'em.

These folks are priceless, and we should be rewarding them just as much as we are rewarding "movers."  

Are we doing this?  For example, do Manchester residents who sign on as "friends" get access to this "members-only" area?  Are there any other perks of membership that we could ensure they get?  For that matter, is there something we should do to honor or reward them that we *don't* do for "members?"

Certainly we don't want to be in a position where natives are even remotely perceived as being treated not-quite-as-good on any matter or in any way.  If anything they ought to have higher status than us reinforcements.

Maybe some of this has been addressed already, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Dada
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Justin

• FSP Participant
  • So... these are going to be my neighbors?!
Re:Making sure "Friends of FSP" from NH get full perks
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 11:32:09 am »

Tracking in-state supporters might demonstrate acceptance, but I see more benefit in directing NH residents to the NHLA, and limiting our focus to recruiting and moving 20,000 people to NH.
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 12:11:44 pm »

I think they should be counted as members, just not part of the 20k that need to be moved. I also think that people who became residents of NH after Oct 1st and joined the FSP afterward should be able to become full members.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

mark

• FSP Participant
  • A mute, inglorious Milton
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 05:48:40 pm »

Dada, we started discussing this topic late last year over in this thread.

Overlooked importance of recruiting NH natives as FSP members
Pages: [1]   Go Up