Free State Project Forum
271578 Posts in 22293 Topics by 36766 Members / Latest Member: horsesandjesus
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 11:01:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  New Hampshire -- The "Live Free or Die" State
| |-+  Moving & Housing
| | |-+  We're On Our Way :) Firewood Suppliers?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: We're On Our Way :) Firewood Suppliers?  (Read 2793 times)
hexacolley

Ignore
We're On Our Way :) Firewood Suppliers?
« on: October 25, 2012, 03:46:12 pm »

My family and I are heading up to Northwood and will be there Monday the 29th.  We are hoping to rely solely on wood heat and wondered if anyone can recommend a good supplier for delivery.  Looking on craigslist, it's impossible to know true quality of wood.  So, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Jana
KBCraig
FSP Participant

Ignore
Re: We're On Our Way :) Firewood Suppliers?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:02:49 pm »

I don't have any suggestions in that area, but this is the wrong time of year to buy wood. Be prepared for sticker shock. Fully seasoned wood is going to be in the neighborhood of $300 per cord, delivered. That's almost as much as Ecobricks from Tractor Supply, or Unadillawood fuel logs.
MaineShark
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:42:25 pm »

...Unadillawood fuel logs.

I heat with those.  Quality product from a local company (not just a local reseller - they're manufactured right in Loudon).  They have to be stored in a dry location (indoors, or outside under a good, leak-free tarp).  But they're cleaner, safer, and more efficient than cordwood.  And, at around $300 per ton (equivalent to something close to a cord and a half), they're cheaper than quality cordwood.

Mark should have no trouble delivering to Northwood, since his shop is less than 20 minutes away from most Northwood addresses.

"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..
hexacolley

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 05:45:32 am »

Great, thanks!  I realize it's not a great time to buy wood, but since we're moving to NH this week....  not much of a choice.

MaineShark, I appreciate the info, I just sent an email to Mark. 

Thanks again!
Jana
KMX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 03:18:48 pm »

Welcome & good luck!
KBCraig
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 12:26:14 pm »

...Unadillawood fuel logs.

I heat with those.

...which is how I know about them.  Wink

Get with me the next time you place an order. Mark said he'd have to charge extra for delivery to Lancaster, then never got back to me with a quote. Maybe I could piggyback one of your orders and cut the shipping.
MaineShark
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 05:45:11 pm »

I'll probably be ordering more, soon.  How many tons are you looking for?

"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..
KBCraig
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 09:11:47 pm »

Two tons. It's just to supplement, for now, or for heating her shop.
MaineShark
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 04:31:18 pm »

Two tons. It's just to supplement, for now, or for heating her shop.

PM sent with details.

doobie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 07:44:34 pm »

MaineShark, any idea if they'd deliver down to Dunbarton?  I might be interested in a ton or two.....  and a cord of seasoned wood now a days....probably is more than 300 a cord.....green might go for 300 now....  at least that was the prices last year.
MaineShark
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 08:15:40 pm »

MaineShark, any idea if they'd deliver down to Dunbarton?  I might be interested in a ton or two.....  and a cord of seasoned wood now a days....probably is more than 300 a cord.....green might go for 300 now....  at least that was the prices last year.

PM sent.

Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: