Free State Project Forum
269083 Posts in 21909 Topics by 36096 Members / Latest Member: Marcusdugh
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 05:04:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  New Hampshire -- The "Live Free or Die" State
| |-+  NH News
| | |-+  What happens at Valley Street jail
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happens at Valley Street jail  (Read 7715 times)
Wesley Bodhi Freeman

Ignore
What happens at Valley Street jail
« on: July 12, 2012, 02:24:17 pm »

Valley Street jail, located in Manchester, is worse than many other jails in the nation. Most other jails have a legal procedure for inmates sent to their "max"imum security units. In Valley Street, if you're sent to max, nobody can hear your cries for help. Inmates are frequently and *randomly* attacked by corrections officers. If a 1033 (assault on an officer) is called over the walkie-talkie system, at least 15 COs and white shirts will be on their way to beat the shit out of you whether you did it or not. It is also not rare for the COs and white shirts to murder inmates who are in handcuffs (without any accountability). A few murderers are still working there. Sometimes torture techniques and sexual humiliation are used against inmates in max. Furthermore, Valley Street will not hesitate to deny you a minister visit (violate religious liberty) or confiscate your mail (without telling the sender or the recipient). Speaking of violating religious liberty, the only thing that is allowed on your desk (other than some pictures) is a Bible. Not any religious text, only the Bible. The jail also only provides Christian religious services whereas most other jails have services for Muslims and Jews.  The supervisors for the inmate workers in the kitchen will use deragotory terms to adress the inmates. Sometimes these supervisors will throw things at inmates. Medical care is appalling. The county nurse's suggestion for most ailments is to "drink plenty of water." People regulary suffer seizures at Valley Street because the jail refuses to give them their medications. The jail will remove your teeth if you have a cavity but will not numb you. And if they do end up hurting you in any situation they will lie in thier reports about the incident. The air vents are disgusting, filled with years of mold. Keep in mind the inmates breathe this air all day. The jail keeps hiring new personel and making better food for the staff lounge, but uses the excuse of budget cuts to create more rules for the inmates and serve them cheaper and cheaper food.

The jail was built by the federal government back in the 80s as a maximum security prison. But the feds were actually chased out by the county after the feds gathered evidence on multiple corrections officers for raping inmates. Thus today it is the 3rd highest security jail in the nation with little oversight by the feds.

Something needs to be done about this. And we need to stop the Prison State Project, http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2012/07/11/nh_hires_consultant_to_explore_private_prisons/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:30:24 pm by Wesley Bodhi Freeman » Logged

mail-to-jail.com/jailed_activists_list

torproject.org
Wesley Bodhi Freeman

Ignore
Re: What happens at Valley Street jail
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:48:56 pm »

mail-to-jail.com/jailed_activists_list

torproject.org
RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:13:10 am »

Thanks for posting this Wes.

The Revolution is now Televised
http://RidleyReport.com
firecracker joe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »

I was in the prison system for the last 3 years and have heard the same things about valley street jai,l that they have different rules than other jails that they think nothing of beating inmates and have hundreds of lawsuits  pending against them for cruel and unusual punishment , not one person that i have met that has been there has anything good to say  that place should be douce'd out and throw out all the corrupt co's( which is most of them) and over haul the whole valley st. jail , they make joe arpio look sane ( which he is not). Angry
ang3315

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:13:00 pm »

I was in valley st jail for four months and this is all true. I was in the female unit and they were still violent twords the inmates. I never saw them abuse the general population but in valley st the womans unit has all classifications in one unit (which i think should b illegal). So the mentally disabled were in the same unit and i often saw them beaten and treated like animals. While i was there there was a pregnant woman who was in labour  and screaming for hours. The co's did not believe she was in labour or the nurse and doctors didnt care. She was screaming for around 8 hours before the paramedics came. They got to her to late and she ended up having the baby on the cement floor in the hallway. You are allowed to grieve a co if they do something u feel is wrong but it never happensand if u theaten a grievence they will make your lives hell. I have seen the sexual humiliation first hand. There was an obese inmate taking a nap in her braw and underwear and because she wasnt wearing a t-shirt the co made her stand in her braw and underwear on the mezzanine in front of everyone while they yelled at her. But she was tking a nap like that because the cells that are upstairs are extremely hot like over 80 degrees even in the winter and the oneson the bottom are so cold probably in the 50's. You can request a temp check on the bottom floor to get an extra blanket but i tried that and they never listened to my request. Thats another thing they will "lose"requests all the time or they'll  just rip them up in front of u. The worst thing that happened to me while i was there was when i got switched to a cell that a few days before had a woman who was in a wheelchair in it a few days before. I lifted up the matress and it was soaked  in urine. Urine that had been sitting there for days. I begged the co to change my cell and he wouldnt he just gave me liquid soap and rags to clean it. I asked for bleach or disinfectant but again no. So i tried as hard as i could but it was saturated into the paint of the metal bunkbed. So i had to sleep in someone's urine for2 weeks. Now i just want to make clear i was not being punished just moved. They do not clean the cells ever so lice, mersa, and all sorts of infections spread like wildfire. I could go on and on. But something neeeds to be done and the warden needs to be punished because not only does he know about these atrocities  he encourages it.
MikeForLiberty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 04:40:04 pm »

Thanks for sharing. It is just horrible. For whatever it is worth, your state reps vote on the county budget and have access to all department heads. I'd be happy to hear from anyone who has been locked up in Belknap county. I haven't been to the jail here yet but I will visit as soon as the schedule in Concord eases up a bit.
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: