Free State Project Forum
269091 Posts in 21911 Topics by 36100 Members / Latest Member: rentacar92
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 03:23:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Porcupine Festival (Moderator: MengerFan)
| | |-+  What do you want to eat at PorcFest?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: What meal is most needed at PorcFest?  (Voting closed: April 03, 2012, 07:05:07 pm)
Breakfast (6am-11am) - 5 (41.7%)
Lunch (11am-3pm) - 2 (16.7%)
Dinner (5pm-8pm) - 1 (8.3%)
Breakfast all day - 3 (25%)
LateDinner (8pm+) - 0 (0%)
Snacks (homemade or other) - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 [2]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you want to eat at PorcFest?  (Read 8663 times)
FrugalFannie

Ignore
Re: What do you want to eat at PorcFest?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 08:04:36 pm »

Thanks for all the comments so far. Looks like there is a big call for breakfast.  Smiley At Any time.

Breakfast will definitely include Paleo options since eggs, bacon, sausage are pretty easy to do in this type of situation. We will probably be whipping up some omelets loaded with fresh veggies on this trip. We will be attempting to local source as much as possible so anyone knows any local farmers who can provide eggs, veggies and breakfast meats that would be fantastic. Local cheeses would also be awesome. Since we are small we like to customize our menu for the given event or locale. When this poll closes we will be posting another with actual menu options. We like to give our customers the food they want and make it taste really fantastic too!

Keep the votes coming.
FrugalFannie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:24 pm »

Vegetarian food   Smiley

What would you like for breakfast? I ask this because I know some vegetarians eat eggs, some don't. Some drink milk and eat cheese, others don't. Not sure if peopleare looking for cold breakfasts too. I usually cook my food that I sell but if there is a big cry for cereal and milk i will consider providing that. Obviously, I will have to limit the menu somewhat.
Liberty603
FSP Participant

Mover #586

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »

What would you like for breakfast? I ask this because I know some vegetarians eat eggs, some don't. Some drink milk and eat cheese, others don't. Not sure if peopleare looking for cold breakfasts too. I usually cook my food that I sell but if there is a big cry for cereal and milk i will consider providing that. Obviously, I will have to limit the menu somewhat.

Thanks for asking! I do eat eggs, and the fresh veggie omelettes sound delicious, if they are nearly as good as they sound I will be a daily customer

I am not sure what the demand situation is - I would say that vegetarians are a pretty small percentage overall (although I appreciate you having a veggie option). There does seem to be a lot of talk about bacon, I'm not quite sure what that obsession is all about...  Wink

-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603
TheMagicBullet

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 10:19:59 pm »

I eat eggs/dairy, and occasionally some fish too. Not too crazy about the cereal option personally, but who knows, maybe kids there will appreciate it? Vegetarians are definitely a tiny minority of libertarians, sadly...
1212jtraceur

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 11:18:56 pm »

Thirding the vegetarian vote. I do eat eggs/dairy, but I made exceptions last porcfest for the cookoff. It was worth it, in my opinion. Anyway, I just wanted to let people know that the vegetarian market is larger than 2 Tongue
TJames

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 03:47:58 am »

I am also a vegetarian and I also eat eggs and dairy. When I can I try to lower the amount of grain in my diet and eat more nuts, fruits and vegetables, in other words slightly paleo or primitive.

After visiting India I realized American don't know vegetarian cuisine. Aloo-palak and aloo-gobee are the real thing, not salty rubber dogs.
Blurib

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 04:41:40 pm »

Breakfast, I have cooked for another festival the past few years, breakfast all day.
A couple suggestions: Burritos, they are portable and customizable.    Roasted vegetable sandwiches and some gluten free bread, those that like it will thank you, add eggs its breakfast.   Granola, energy, fruit and nut bars, the less additives the better, kashi does a nice job. Bottled water, gatorade, even for breakfast, lots.

I am not attending and obviously not cooking for this festival, in lieu of Porcfest instead, i have always been a liberty activist, just within my circle of friends. This has not been enthusiastically received always. Statist punks...haha but seriously, i am super excited and will be there Tuesday till they kick us out!!

A patriot to some, a traitor to others. Please judge and let your judgement be known, so that i may act appropriately.

*Link Removed*
Blurib

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 05:19:55 pm »

Thanks for asking! I do eat eggs, and the fresh veggie omelettes sound delicious, if they are nearly as good as they sound I will be a daily customer

I am not sure what the demand situation is - I would say that vegetarians are a pretty small percentage overall (although I appreciate you having a veggie option). There does seem to be a lot of talk about bacon, I'm not quite sure what that obsession is all about...  Wink
Oh man, as a chef i would love the opportunity to rock out a mess of properly blanched brussel, sprouts, with some neuskies bacon and sherry vinegar. Insane.

A patriot to some, a traitor to others. Please judge and let your judgement be known, so that i may act appropriately.

*Link Removed*
Pages: 1 [2]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: