Free State Project Forum
271003 Posts in 22155 Topics by 36476 Members / Latest Member: G05V
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2014, 04:51:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  New Hampshire -- The "Live Free or Die" State
| |-+  Moving & Housing
| | |-+  Need Temp Housing in Southern NH
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Temp Housing in Southern NH  (Read 2098 times)
samuel7467

Ignore
Need Temp Housing in Southern NH
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:24:03 pm »

My wife, 8 month old daughter and I will be arriving in NH on the 12th. We want to explore the area in person before settling down. Ideally, we would like a weekly rental as a home base for at least a week. We're flexible, but a private bathroom is a must. We're hoping to spend less than 300 per week. The baby sleeps through the night and almost never cries.

Any advice or leads via PM or replies to this thread would be welcome. We would love to get to know some FSP folks as we get started on this next chapter of our lives!
1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

Re: Need Temp Housing in Southern NH
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:13:50 pm »

The easiest thing to do would be to get a hotel or motel room.  You will likely find several in Nashua for that price or less.  Perhaps you could find motel rooms all over the state for less.  You could even travel around the state, staying in motel rooms for a week at a time or even less (though that would be more expensive as you wouldn't get an extended stay discount.)  You can likely look up these motels online without much trouble.

Please do not take anything I say as 100% accurate or as an official opinion of the FSP.

Haven't joined the Free State Project yet? Join now! http://freestateproject.org/fsn10
Looking for resources on where to live and how to find a job in NH? http://freestateproject.org/resources
samuel7467

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 03:27:54 pm »

We've checked online, and the reviews seem to be mixed. We were hoping to get some firsthand reviews or recommendations. Thank you for your comment, LoveAndPeace!
JonM
First 1000
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:04 pm »

check biddingfortravel.com exact link: http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/topic/21831/MAINE-NEW-HAMPSHIRE-VERMONT-HOTELS-LIST

for priceline likely results and reviews, you can usually get a decent hotel via priceline.  They have tips there for advanced bidding techniques as well.
greap
First 1000
FSP Participant

What we have here is a failure to communicate

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:07:29 pm »

My wife, 8 month old daughter and I will be arriving in NH on the 12th. We want to explore the area in person before settling down. Ideally, we would like a weekly rental as a home base for at least a week. We're flexible, but a private bathroom is a must. We're hoping to spend less than 300 per week. The baby sleeps through the night and almost never cries.

Any advice or leads via PM or replies to this thread would be welcome. We would love to get to know some FSP folks as we get started on this next chapter of our lives!

Motel 6 is $320 for the week, if you keep a lookout for properties that have been modernized they are fairly nice, here is one in Nashua to get you started. Going a little more upmarket Red Roof Inn is $430 for the week, here is one in Salem (which I have stayed it, basic but clean and modern)

If you want cheaper then this the only thing I can suggest in Porc Manor http://porcmanor.com/

If you don't mind something a bit longer term (a couple of months) http://campbellapts.com/woodlands_info.html is a no lease apartment complex in Southern Nashua, you just provide 30 days notice to move out, so you could have somewhere reasonably priced to live while you find work and a permanent living arrangement.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:00 pm »

We really appreciate the tips! Thank you!
1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »

Motel 6 is $320 for the week, if you keep a lookout for properties that have been modernized they are fairly nice, here is one in Nashua to get you started. Going a little more upmarket Red Roof Inn is $430 for the week, here is one in Salem (which I have stayed it, basic but clean and modern)

Those are listed, non-discount prices.  Lots of places offer discounts for veterans, NRA, AAA and other groups.  Lots of motels also offer discounts if you ask for them.  Some motels offer discounts if it is an extended stay.  If priceline doesn't work (and it likely will), I recommend calling up multiple cheap motels and asking for discounts.

Please do not take anything I say as 100% accurate or as an official opinion of the FSP.

Haven't joined the Free State Project yet? Join now! http://freestateproject.org/fsn10
Looking for resources on where to live and how to find a job in NH? http://freestateproject.org/resources
ny2nh

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 10:18:20 pm »

maxxoccupancy

Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 02:38:45 am »

porcmanor.com is great for new movers, whether for short or long term housing.  Porc lords generally also help out with getting established.

If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
shaywann1

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 07:16:04 am »

My wife and I stayed at the Super 8 in Tilton for 2.5 weeks when we first got here.  Cost us about $400 per week, but we had a puppy  that added a little to the rent.  FYI, Tilton is exit 20 off of I-93 about 45 minutes North of Manch.  Just offering another option.  Welcome home.   Willie and Bree
porcupinerealtor

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 09:36:03 pm »

Mark Warden
cell 603.391.2888
mark@porcupinerealestate.com
porcupinerealestate.com
facebook.com/porcupinerealestate
twitter.com/porcupinerealty
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »