Free State Project Forum
268954 Posts in 21902 Topics by 110270 Members / Latest Member: MCarlos
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 06:15:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP -- General Discussion
| |-+  General FSP Discussion
| | |-+  Outlook for the FSP is optomistic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outlook for the FSP is optomistic  (Read 3021 times)
Bazil

not the spice and not the country

Ignore
Outlook for the FSP is optomistic
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:13:31 am »

So I went to the signup page and put all the signup data in an excel sheet.  Only included the the sign ups and not the friends or pioneers. Basically the outlook looks good.  The monthly signups have been increasing slowly.  Even if they don't continue to increase we should see the 20k mark by the end of the decade. The dip to 0 early in the chart is because the data for Feb 07 seems to be missing.  Here is the month to month sign up chart:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:01:41 pm by Bazil » Logged

"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Sovereign Curtis

I <3 PorcFest

Ignore
Re: Outlook for the FSP is optomistic
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 12:52:54 pm »

Fantastic! I love charts and graphs!

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 01:46:26 pm »

The FSP being on John Stossel and Free State Now are partially responsible for that bump in the last few months.

Please do not take anything I say as 100% accurate or as an official opinion of the FSP.

Haven't joined the Free State Project yet? Join now! http://freestateproject.org/fsn10
Looking for resources on where to live and how to find a job in NH? http://freestateproject.org/resources
Alex Libman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 02:55:20 pm »

Numbers are no longer relevant.  FSP has shown itself in a very poor light lately, with some very influential people betraying the trust that was vested in them by others in the name of FSP's ideals.  When you have a cat inside a fish tank, putting in more fish isn't going to help...

antistate1190

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 03:18:20 pm »

Numbers are no longer relevant.  FSP has shown itself in a very poor light lately, with some very influential people betraying the trust that was vested in them by others in the name of FSP's ideals.  When you have a cat inside a fish tank, putting in more fish isn't going to help...

How so? What are free staters doing to make the movement look bad?
Bazil

not the spice and not the country

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 06:14:51 pm »

which person/group is the cat in the fish tank?

"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Porcsmouth
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »

I wish the FSP's website had charts like this. The stats page always seems to be broken.
1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 12:17:45 am »

I wish the FSP's website had charts like this. The stats page always seems to be broken.

As far as I know, the stats page isn't broken and there are (or at least were) charts on the FSP website.

Please do not take anything I say as 100% accurate or as an official opinion of the FSP.

Haven't joined the Free State Project yet? Join now! http://freestateproject.org/fsn10
Looking for resources on where to live and how to find a job in NH? http://freestateproject.org/resources
Skeptikos

Rogue, geek, pro-community activist

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 03:54:59 am »

Odd, I haven't noticed anything.

Dreepa
First 1000
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 04:57:54 pm »

Alex Libman the 4th (or is it the 5th?)

Poor light lately?  What are you talking about?

"influential ' people? betraying trust?  Were they on the FSP board?   

Porcsmouth
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 09:36:13 pm »

As far as I know, the stats page isn't broken and their are (or at least were) charts on the FSP website.

http://freestateproject.org/about/membership.php

These charts can't be right. They don't form a smooth line but rather contain many extreme "jumps," like a bumch of signups were dumped in at the same time.
Denis Goddard
First 1000
FSP Participant

Free the Mallocs!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 09:43:37 pm »

contain many extreme "jumps," like a bumch of signups were dumped in at the same time.
That happens quite frequently, eg, when we go to an event and a bunch of people sign up there on paper. Someone has to later enter the data at a keyboard, and you get a "jump"

time4liberty

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:25 pm »

Numbers are no longer relevant.  FSP has shown itself in a very poor light lately, with some very influential people betraying the trust that was vested in them by others in the name of FSP's ideals.  When you have a cat inside a fish tank, putting in more fish isn't going to help...

Alex, I'm going to restrain myself from adding an eyeroll icon. People here are very happy, living freer than possible anywhere else in the US, and working for more freedom every day -- alongside many great likeminded friends.

If you don't like any particular individual, I suggest you find other people to associate with. While I like at least 90-95% of FSPers, there are a few who aren't personally my cup o' tea. I just don't hang out in those circles.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:04:24 pm by time4liberty » Logged
1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 11:17:12 pm »

As far as I know, the stats page isn't broken and their are (or at least were) charts on the FSP website.

These charts can't be right. They don't form a smooth line but rather contain many extreme "jumps," like a bumch of signups were dumped in at the same time.

OK.  I just do the Signup Stats page.  Let me know if you ever see anything broken on it, http://freestateproject.org/about/membership/signup_stats

Dreepa
First 1000
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 09:38:48 pm »

they also sometimes get approved every 2-3 days causing some jumps.
Pages: [1] 2  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: