Free State Project Forum
271014 Posts in 22157 Topics by 36480 Members / Latest Member: akhilesh
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 05:05:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  Politics and Philosophy
| |-+  Reform Strategies
| | |-+  Great advice on how to make positive change in NH
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great advice on how to make positive change in NH  (Read 14718 times)
Denis Goddard
First 1000
FSP Participant

Free the Mallocs!

Ignore
Great advice on how to make positive change in NH
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:23:28 am »

I don't want to show up someplace and start to try and tell everyone (anyone) around me what to do (which is kind of the definition of being an activist, is it not?)
No, it is not.

Want to make a real difference, significant progress toward on liberty in your lifetime?

1. Volunteer in the community. Find something you can get behind, and do it. For me it was the recycling committee. For some people it's the food bank, animal shelter, volunteering at the library, or the old folks' center, maybe even volunteer firefighter or EMT. Make sure you are there just to volunteer, just to help the community, and keep your personal politics the hell out of it.

2. Write letters to the editor and/or get involved in community media (community TV, radio, etc). Here, put your politics front and center. Be courteous, NEVER confrontational or personal, but get those libertarian points out there.

3. Contact your State Reps and Senator -- regularly! -- on bills they are voting on, that you care about. The NH Liberty Alliance has a page that makes it easy to see what they'll be voting on. Call up yours and tell them your opinion.

4. Help out with local issues campaigns that you care about. Freedom to marry, marijuana policy, tax reduction, etc, etc. All need help!

5. Help out with (re-)election campaigns of the people in NH that you like. You may find that 1 or 2 of your Reps are quite libertarian and worth your support. If not, there are FSPers in nearby districts that will need help!

6. Run for local office. This is actually not too different from volunteering. Trustee of the trust funds, selectman, alderman, many local offices go uncontested. The NHLA can help guide you in how to run a campaign. Don't pull stupid stunts, just meet the neighbors and talk about the local issues. Once elected, keep focused on the specific duties of the role, be respectful, and put those libertarian ideas out calmly, clearly, and respectfully.

7. If you have the ability, run for state office (eg, State Rep). Same principles as #6, above, but more work, and generally more time investment.

Very very important: it all starts with volunteering in the community.
Do that first, and put the Good Work front and center before your personal political preferences.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:43:58 pm by LoveAndPeace » Logged

sj
Participant Services Director/Advertising Sales Director
Administrator

Paleoconservative

Re: Jitters of a NH Native
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:25:23 pm »

I don't want to show up someplace and start to try and tell everyone (anyone) around me what to do (which is kind of the definition of being an activist, is it not?)
No, it is not.

Want to make a real difference, significant progress toward on liberty in your lifetime?

1. Volunteer in the community. Find something you can get behind, and do it. For me it was the recycling committee. For some people it's the food bank, animal shelter, volunteering at the library, or the old folks' center, maybe even volunteer firefighter or EMT. Make sure you are there just to volunteer, just to help the community, and keep your personal politics the hell out of it.

2. Write letters to the editor and/or get involved in community media (community TV, radio, etc). Here, put your politics front and center. Be courteous, NEVER confrontational or personal, but get those libertarian points out there.

3. Contact your State Reps and Senator -- regularly! -- on bills they are voting on, that you care about. The NH Liberty Alliance has a page that makes it easy to see what they'll be voting on. Call up yours and tell them your opinion.

4. Help out with local issues campaigns that you care about. Freedom to marry, marijuana policy, tax reduction, etc, etc. All need help!

5. Help out with (re-)election campaigns of the people in NH that you like. You may find that 1 or 2 of your Reps are quite libertarian and worth your support. If not, there are FSPers in nearby districts that will need help!

6. Run for local office. This is actually not too different from volunteering. Trustee of the trust funds, selectman, alderman, many local offices go uncontested. The NHLA can help guide you in how to run a campaign. Don't pull stupid stunts, just meet the neighbors and talk about the local issues. Once elected, keep focused on the specific duties of the role, be respectful, and put those libertarian ideas out calmly, clearly, and respectfully.

7. If you have the ability, run for state office (eg, State Rep). Same principles as #6, above, but more work, and generally more time investment.

Do that first, and put the Good Work front and center before your personal political preferences.

+1

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

Click on "FSP Registration Information"

Update your address and click "submit"
MengerFan
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 09:07:27 pm »

Very very important: it all starts with volunteering trading value for value in the community.

Fixed.
1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:48:27 pm »

No, it is not.

This post is so fantastic.  It is easily one of the best posts on this entire forum.  I liked it so much, I reposted it on the Free Keene Forum but with a slight modification.  I also made it sticky.

I added 1A
1A as you volunteer for an existing cause in your community, ask locals and liberty activists in the community about the community.  Please volunteer or speak out in a respectful way.  Learn what's going on in the community.  Pay attention to local media.  Learn about the people, the place and the issues.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:42:50 pm by LoveAndPeace » Logged

Please do not take anything I say as 100% accurate or as an official opinion of the FSP.

Haven't joined the Free State Project yet? Join now! http://freestateproject.org/fsn10
Looking for resources on where to live and how to find a job in NH? http://freestateproject.org/resources
TJames

Ignore
Re: Great advice on how to make positive change in NH
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:18 am »

That dialog is awesome! Maybe it could be included in promotions and letters to new arrivals.
LFD4ever

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 03:58:53 am »

LoveAndPeace,

As I pointed out one of the problems I see with the FSP and other Liberty groups is messaging. I by skill am a propagandist, which is one reason I am really looking forward to NH so that I can help the project by applying my talent on a large scale instead of on an individual level. I want to bring to your attention two problems I have with the groups you listed in number four. It is my hope that you will take this in the helpful spirit it is intended instead of as a negative criticism.

I am a former homosexual who decided after meeting a wonderful young woman to become bisexual, we are in a relationship with another man (yes we are poly). As you can imagine this means that marriage is of extreme interest to me. We do not claim or pretend to be married because to do so would be highly illegal. That being said I am and have from my teen years been against gay marriage. Not for religious, or philosophical reasons, but rather for political reasons. The history of the gay marriage movement, and those in... control of it, are very shady and questionable. While not morally opposed to gay marriage (marriage is not a moral issue) I am strongly opposed to the Marxist/ deconstructionist agenda behind the gay marriage movement. This makes me very sad because most supporters of gay marriage are unaware of the political agenda of the leaders of this movement. What they want is good and right and Just, what they are being used for is the ends of some very bad people, who go to the people in power and say "See these people agree with me and I have all this support, you better do XY and Z or I will put our support somewhere else.". I instead advocate Privatizing marriage. What I have found is usually a hindrance (the word Private) now becomes an asset. Marriage should be a private matter between those involved.

The conversation usually looks something like this. "What is marriage?" they list off a couple of definitions. "So what about people who can't have kids because one of them is sterile, or they choose not to have kids? your saying they are not married." response "well... ya they are." "A union between a man and a woman... so what about other countries where polyandry or polygyny is legal are they not married? after all their governments and in many cases their religions recognize marriage?" Now this next part may or may not happen I have found it true about half the time however "Well God says..." Let me be very clear if someone says that and you are an Atheist BE RESPECTFUL using a baseball bat will not win anyone over. My response is usually "Where in the bible does god say only one man one woman." they really think about it "Well I don't know." "In the old testament there is polygyny all over the place. Nowhere in the new testament does it say god changed his mind about that." interesting "You said that children are better off in a home with a man and a woman. Those studies don't look at other practices, instead if you actually look at the real studies instead of the catchy headline you will see that the question that is asked is not about the genders of the parents but instead are about weather a one or two parent home is better and someone comes along and claims that two parents really mean man and woman." interesting. "In fact the idea of marriage licensing by the state is a rather new invention relatively speaking. Before then it was a private contract between two people. Marriage, Civil Union, Joining all mean exactly the same thing. The word you decide to use to describe it is completely unimportant." "Then why is it so important that gay's are allowed to marry, or why cant they call it something else?" "That's two questions. As to the first my problem is that anyone must be allowed to marry. Blacks used to not be allowed to marry whites. The problem is that the government has a say to begin with. To the second question. If I call something an Automobile and you call it a car what is the difference? Who cares what you call the contract to join two peoples property. Government should not be allowed to determine weather or not two people can inter into a private contract. And until the government is gotten out of the marriage business I am morally opposed to marriage."

Moral of the story. The problem is not that the government denies gays the right to marriage but that it grants itself the authority to allow marriages or not. Gay marriage is a very loaded term. Instead we need to fight for equal rights by abolishing state marriage. Fighting to abolish state marriage then no longer becomes an issue of gay or straight but instead becomes a broader philosophical issue of can the state tell you who you can or cannot marry.

Marijuana

Having gone on at length about gay marriage I will keep it short and say that I am really bothered by the connection between the FSP and Marijuana. As i said else where I think all drugs should be legal. The problem is that people I have talked to or introduced to the FSP think its about legalizing Marijuana.  I am not saying to advocate to legalize, I am saying that people need to think about the message, and how what they say and do reflects on the message. When I say "Free State Project" and someones first thought is not "Liberty in our lifetime" but is instead "Legalize weed"... Well there is a serious messaging problem.

MaineShark
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 08:54:18 am »

I am a former homosexual who decided after meeting a wonderful young woman to become bisexual, we are in a relationship with another man (yes we are poly). As you can imagine this means that marriage is of extreme interest to me. We do not claim or pretend to be married because to do so would be highly illegal.

What law(s) do you imagine you'd be breaking?

That being said I am and have from my teen years been against gay marriage. Not for religious, or philosophical reasons, but rather for political reasons. The history of the gay marriage movement, and those in... control of it, are very shady and questionable. While not morally opposed to gay marriage (marriage is not a moral issue) I am strongly opposed to the Marxist/ deconstructionist agenda behind the gay marriage movement. This makes me very sad because most supporters of gay marriage are unaware of the political agenda of the leaders of this movement. What they want is good and right and Just, what they are being used for is the ends of some very bad people, who go to the people in power and say "See these people agree with me and I have all this support, you better do XY and Z or I will put our support somewhere else.". I instead advocate Privatizing marriage. What I have found is usually a hindrance (the word Private) now becomes an asset. Marriage should be a private matter between those involved.

Moral of the story. The problem is not that the government denies gays the right to marriage but that it grants itself the authority to allow marriages or not. Gay marriage is a very loaded term. Instead we need to fight for equal rights by abolishing state marriage. Fighting to abolish state marriage then no longer becomes an issue of gay or straight but instead becomes a broader philosophical issue of can the state tell you who you can or cannot marry.

Regardless of what agenda some individuals might have, I'm happy to use them for the actual goal of eliminating government interference in marriage.

As long as some particular group (ie, straight couples) has a special privilege, many members of that group will fight to defend that privilege.  As the privilege was weakened here, first by the creation of civil unions, and then gay marriage, the support for maintaining the privilege of government-licensed marriage has weakened.  Now, many former die-hard supporters of government-licensed marriage (but only when it was monogamous and heterosexual) are switching to a "let's take our ball and go home" attitude.

The next step, in my not-so-humble opinion, is to get common law marriage reinstated.  If you live together and claim to be married for a few years, then the government would recognize (not approve or deny) that.  If we're smart about it, we can get it written in such a way that there is no limit on the number of partners.

Without having first gotten gay marriage into the laws, there's no way that would even come up for serious discussion.

"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..
1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 12:59:21 pm »

LoveAndPeace,

As I pointed out one of the problems I see with the FSP and other Liberty groups is messaging. I by skill am a propagandist, which is one reason I am really looking forward to NH so that I can help the project by applying my talent on a large scale instead of on an individual level. I want to bring to your attention two problems I have with the groups you listed in number four. It is my hope that you will take this in the helpful spirit it is intended instead of as a negative criticism.

I am a former homosexual who decided after meeting a wonderful young woman to become bisexual, we are in a relationship with another man (yes we are poly). As you can imagine this means that marriage is of extreme interest to me. We do not claim or pretend to be married because to do so would be highly illegal. That being said I am and have from my teen years been against gay marriage. Not for religious, or philosophical reasons, but rather for political reasons. The history of the gay marriage movement, and those in... control of it, are very shady and questionable. While not morally opposed to gay marriage (marriage is not a moral issue) I am strongly opposed to the Marxist/ deconstructionist agenda behind the gay marriage movement. This makes me very sad because most supporters of gay marriage are unaware of the political agenda of the leaders of this movement. What they want is good and right and Just, what they are being used for is the ends of some very bad people, who go to the people in power and say "See these people agree with me and I have all this support, you better do XY and Z or I will put our support somewhere else.". I instead advocate Privatizing marriage. What I have found is usually a hindrance (the word Private) now becomes an asset. Marriage should be a private matter between those involved.

The conversation usually looks something like this. "What is marriage?" they list off a couple of definitions. "So what about people who can't have kids because one of them is sterile, or they choose not to have kids? your saying they are not married." response "well... ya they are." "A union between a man and a woman... so what about other countries where polyandry or polygyny is legal are they not married? after all their governments and in many cases their religions recognize marriage?" Now this next part may or may not happen I have found it true about half the time however "Well God says..." Let me be very clear if someone says that and you are an Atheist BE RESPECTFUL using a baseball bat will not win anyone over. My response is usually "Where in the bible does god say only one man one woman." they really think about it "Well I don't know." "In the old testament there is polygyny all over the place. Nowhere in the new testament does it say god changed his mind about that." interesting "You said that children are better off in a home with a man and a woman. Those studies don't look at other practices, instead if you actually look at the real studies instead of the catchy headline you will see that the question that is asked is not about the genders of the parents but instead are about weather a one or two parent home is better and someone comes along and claims that two parents really mean man and woman." interesting. "In fact the idea of marriage licensing by the state is a rather new invention relatively speaking. Before then it was a private contract between two people. Marriage, Civil Union, Joining all mean exactly the same thing. The word you decide to use to describe it is completely unimportant." "Then why is it so important that gay's are allowed to marry, or why cant they call it something else?" "That's two questions. As to the first my problem is that anyone must be allowed to marry. Blacks used to not be allowed to marry whites. The problem is that the government has a say to begin with. To the second question. If I call something an Automobile and you call it a car what is the difference? Who cares what you call the contract to join two peoples property. Government should not be allowed to determine weather or not two people can inter into a private contract. And until the government is gotten out of the marriage business I am morally opposed to marriage."

I didn't list the groups in #4.  Denis listed them.  I just responded.  That said, I don't care about the same sex government marriage issue.  I don't want government in marriage at all.  There was a bill to take a step in that direct this year.  It was in large part sponsored by FSP participants who also happen to be elected legislators.  I emailed legislators in support of the bill.

As for marijuana, my guess is most people in NH support the decriminalization of marijuana.  We know that people overwhelming support it in MA as they voted for it.  ME has had decriminalized marijuana since the 1970s.  My guess that 70% or more of the adults in New England support the decriminalization of marijuana.  I don't think marijuana is bad.  I'm not afraid that people will not vote for me if they know I support the decriminalization of marijuana.  It should be noted that among 20somethings, NH has just about the highest marijuana usage rate in the US.  IMO, if you testify in favor of medical marijuana and decrim in NH while wearing a nice dress shirt and slacks are the NH state house, you are mainstream.

That said, I get that some old people are against marijuana.  Most of them will stop voting within 25 years and marijuana will be legalized in NH.

Personally, I don't walk down the street smoking marijuana.  I don't go to the park smoking marijuana.  I don't wear clothes with a picture of or the word marijuana on it.  That isn't me.  I speak out publicly mostly about judicial reform, auto regulations, spending and tax issues.  Those are the biggest issues to me.  However, I am glad you noticed something you have an issue with and spoke up about it.  I recommend, once you move to NH, attend some meetings and bring up your concerns.  That is so important IMO.  I frequently bring up my concerns to people about their activism.  People bring up their concerns to me.  I think that is healthy and I encourage more of it Smiley

Marijuana

Having gone on at length about gay marriage I will keep it short and say that I am really bothered by the connection between the FSP and Marijuana. As i said else where I think all drugs should be legal. The problem is that people I have talked to or introduced to the FSP think its about legalizing Marijuana.  I am not saying to advocate to legalize, I am saying that people need to think about the message, and how what they say and do reflects on the message. When I say "Free State Project" and someones first thought is not "Liberty in our lifetime" but is instead "Legalize weed"... Well there is a serious messaging problem.
[/quote]

Please do not take anything I say as 100% accurate or as an official opinion of the FSP.

Haven't joined the Free State Project yet? Join now! http://freestateproject.org/fsn10
Looking for resources on where to live and how to find a job in NH? http://freestateproject.org/resources
MaineShark
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 01:05:02 pm »

I don't want government in marriage at all.  There was a bill to take a step in that direct this year.  It was in large part sponsored by FSP participants who also happen to be elected legislators.

No, it would have just changed the word used.  Marriage licenses would still have existed, along with all the other regulations and such nonsense.  The word "marriage" would simply have been replaced.

But it would have killed all forward momentum in actually getting the government out of marriage.

A good bit of political capital had to be wasted to kill that bill.

Folks need to actually think, before proposing bills like that.

"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..
LFD4ever

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 05:27:30 pm »

LoveAndPeace

I do intend on attending some meetings. It is my hope that by pointing out the how we liberty people are seen that people attempt to move the conversation away from drugs and too the moral principal behind legalizing drugs. Do we freedom lovers want to be known as freedom lovers or as "the weed people."

1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 06:01:20 pm »

LoveAndPeace

I do intend on attending some meetings. It is my hope that by pointing out the how we liberty people are seen that people attempt to move the conversation away from drugs and too the moral principal behind legalizing drugs. Do we freedom lovers want to be known as freedom lovers or as "the weed people."

Excellent!  Have fun at the meetings.

I want to be known as a liberty lover or someone who supports live free or die.  I'm pretty sure no one ever refers to me as a weed person Smiley  For most people, your reputation is largely what you make it, for good or bad.

TJames

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 10:29:07 pm »

I agree with you LD, but could you clear something up for me? Do you suggest that if I find a female and we make lifelong exclusive marriage vows that that don't involve the state then it is not a marriage by your definition? I know people who are legally married but I don't think of them that way because it is just a tax benefit. What I want I consider sacred and I believe government took the sanctity out of marriage, as I have stated to conservatives but they had no clue what I meant Huh I can't see why and I'm wondering how I could better explain that. I had this opinion since 2005 and it was the first major point that gravitated me to Ron Paul in 2008 before I knew of libertarians.
LFD4ever

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 04:19:42 am »

Travis,

My marriage as I mean it cannot exist under our current perverse, evil, and corrupt system. What is meant by marriage today is a sick fantasy. Only among those who reject State sanctioned marriage can that term be groked. There is so much unnecessary baggage attached to that word today that it means nothing. Am I saying people who are legally married cannot be truly married? no.

Clarity, clarity, clarity. Words have meaning, and unless you agree on a common (ie shared) meaning dialogue, conversation, and argument is impossible. The word marriage today in our sick culture implies monogamy, which is in my belief a perversion, just like homosexuality, and heterosexuality. I have believed all three of these are perversions for a long time, including while I was myself a homosexual (up until about 7 months ago). To clarify when I use the word perversion i do not mean it in its emotional sense but rather in its analytical sense, it is an abnormality, a twisting of natural order of things. The perversion of marriage comes from the middle eastern influence of the western world in particular the Judeo-Christian philosophy and ethic. In particular application this applies to the puritan influence of America which denies the two forms of sex, that is to say sex for pleasure and sex for procreation. A pre-middle east influence can be seen in pre-Christian Rome, when husbands and wives shared their spouse with close friends, and shared sexual pleasure with members of the same sex. What mattered was not the gender of the other person but rather a close "spiritual" connection, in which it was seen as perverse not to show each other your high regard and mutual enjoyment through mutual enjoyment. Remember that that it was the early Christians which brought plato to true predominance, and that it was the Christians which suppressed Aristotle.

I wonder how many lives are ruined each year by the false dichotomy of heterosexual homosexual. How many young men and women are brainwashed into believing they MUST choose, and that it what they must be for their entire life. How many marriages and families are broken up because a mother or father just cant take it anymore and the repression finally explodes like a volcano. It is really one of the tragic things about the born that way argument, which has always enraged me. I will honestly say that the idea that someone is born gay or straight is the only thing that really gets my blood up and enrages me, and I find it beyond insulting. "I don't love you, my genes just make me horny." And my anger is at both sides, the fundies and the GLT(yes i left the B out on purpose). Anyone who has done an indepth cultural study on sexuality can see clear as day sexuality is fluid. My anger comes from the fact that both the Christians and the GLT community MUST erase bisexuality. Young people raised in our puritan society are forced into a false choice which is made subconsciously because the culture is constantly pounding into people "You are A or B". Then when they hit puberty which is a sexually confusing time (again the fault of the sick culture) many young people are brainwashed into as a little boy i played with other little boys this means I was always gay. To make my position clear with myself excluded there are very very few people who are actually capable of consciously choosing their sexuality, this is in large part due to cultural programing. At sixteen i consciously choose to be a homosexual, I was able to do this only because I traced back to the young roots the reason for my homosexual feelings. At that point I was able to decided to become straight or bi or stay gay. Being a proud sexist(I believe women are superior to men), I could not settle for the shallow little girls around me. As I grew older I discovered that these same little girls grew up to be taller little girls. I began to think Ladies were a mythical creature. I am proud to say they are not. As demonstrated by a real life lady that I and my male partner are now happily involved with, and as demonstrated by what I have seen of the Ladies of the FSP).

What I find quite sad is that Homosexuals and their supporters who claim one is born gay is admitting the Christians are right. That such actions are depraved, and an adoration. The devil did not make me gay, and what business of it is yours if I like penis or vagina, I am not hurting you or anyone else, so mind your own business Mrs. Grundy.

Before someone thinks I am bashing Christianity let me point out that without Christianity science would have taken at least a thousand more years to come to fruition. Monotheism was a necessary step in the intellectual evolution of man, for evidence see the rest of the world.

To go on. I am someone who believes in the singularity. This being the case I expect immortality to become available and widely available in my lifetime. If such a thing does come to fruition it would be absurd to suggest that until death do us part have any role in marriage. 

Afterward a comment on my sexism.
For me the sadness I feel about the world being filled with so many little girls that do not grow up, is akin to the sadness I feel for the soldiers. Children grow up and either live up or down to our expectations, unfortunately our culture is so evil and so corrupt that the expectations for females and males both is set absurdly low. Of the two however the expectation of females is in my mind far more disgusting. The fact that young males are used to doubly reinforce this insanely low standard is more sickening still. TV, Movies, musicians tell young males "this is what you should expect out of females." girls seeing this act that way because the society says that is what boys like, boys reinforce it by trying to live down to the expectation. Anyone who thinks that this assertion is wrong, I give as proof. Men out number women in the liberty movement. Further NH is a great example of what happens when the dichotomy is changed and both males and females expect a higher grade individual than the cultural norm. Young ladies are able to look around and say "What they tell me on TV in the movies and in music is crap. I am going to be better than that." Young men are able to say "I want better than that." I am really excited to see the cultural evolution which is happening and its result 10 years from now.

TJames

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 08:10:25 pm »

I am Seventh-day Adventist but I think like an agnostic. I didn't think you were bashing Christianity but maybe that is because I no longer accept religion the way I did as a teenager.

I don't remember why but my cousin asked me if I was gay. I felt cornered so I said "I think everyone is bi." He said "I see. But I could never be attracted to a guy." I was a little confused about his statement but maybe he isn't much like me... Now I feel like I'm putting too much online. Like guys that I want platonic relations with will shun me and others will want more than platonic and creep me out. Hey anyone who knows me, I assume you feel like me but I'm being honest about it in one of ten thousand post on the web.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:39:28 pm by TravisJ » Logged
Wesley Bodhi Freeman

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »

Huh

mail-to-jail.com/jailed_activists_list

torproject.org
Pages: [1] 2  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: