Free State Project Forum
269011 Posts in 21905 Topics by 36094 Members / Latest Member: MCarlos
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 06:28:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  New Hampshire -- The "Live Free or Die" State
| |-+  NH News
| | |-+  AT LEAST 13 Free Staters Elected to the NH House!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  Go Down Print
Author Topic: AT LEAST 13 Free Staters Elected to the NH House!!  (Read 12955 times)
sj
Participant Services Director/Advertising Sales Director
Administrator

Paleoconservative

AT LEAST 13 Free Staters Elected to the NH House!!
« on: November 02, 2010, 11:10:02 pm »

By my count, there are at least 13 Free Staters who have won their State House races.  This number may increase as more vote counts come in.

2006: 1 free stater elected
2008: 4 free staters elected
2010: 13+ free staters elected!!!

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

Click on "FSP Registration Information"

Update your address and click "submit"
waifofthenorth

Ignore
Re: AT LEAST 13 Free Staters Elected to the NH House!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 11:12:18 pm »

Where can I see the NH state house results?

sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

B.D. Ross
Director of Development
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 11:29:18 pm »

Don't forget the non-fsp "liberty friendly" representatives!
waifofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:35:28 pm »

Can you list the free staters? There are way too many names.

Looks like NH is more hopeful than CA, anyway...

antistate1190

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:37 am »

By my count, there are at least 13 Free Staters who have won their State House races.  This number may increase as more vote counts come in.

2006: 1 free stater elected
2008: 4 free staters elected
2010: 13+ free staters elected!!!

This is a great step. I disagree w/ people who say we shouldnt vote or sacrifice our voting rights. Not saying a lot of FSers are like that. But we should vote for more candidates who support liberty and complete limited gov.
holy_canole

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:37:52 am »

This is a great step. I disagree w/ people who say we shouldnt vote or sacrifice our voting rights. Not saying a lot of FSers are like that. But we should vote for more candidates who support liberty and complete limited gov.

I agree. I am from Keene, and a lot of the Free Keene people I have talked to seem resistant to the idea of voting since it is supporting 'the system' as it were, but I think that getting like minded people *in* the system is a better way to go about accomplishing things than just trying to use CD or protests.

"Not all forms of suffering are equivalent. The public health and medical communities are accustomed to triage, to assessment of gravity, followed by action to address the problem at hand. It makes sense, in my view, to distinguish between the harm done by six lashes for vandalism--a tremendous cause célèbre when meted out to a U.S. citizen abroad, to judge by inches of newspaper copy--and the harm done to millions by a lifetime of institutionalized racism. To make distinctions between committing genocide and censoring intellectuals is not to declare the latter trivial. But our job of telling the truth as best we can compels us to weight those wrongs differently.

The risk of stretching the concept of rights to cover every possible case is that obscene inequalities of risk will be drowned in a rising tide of petty complaint."

--Paul Farmer,  Pathologies of Power
BigJoe

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 01:01:46 am »

yes, please list the names.  Earlier a blog on this website claimed that 12 FSP members won in primaries http://freestateproject.org/content/free-staters-win-nh-primary  I know of one that lost a seat.
Friday
First 1000
FSP Participant

I'm a browncoat!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 06:32:21 am »

By my count, there are 10 Free State Project participant/early movers who won.  Granted, sj has had access to the membership database more recently than I have and I'm going strictly by memory, so maybe I'm missing a few.  In any case... impressive!!  Shocked

Free your mind, and your ass will follow. -- Parliament/Funkadelic
BigJoe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 08:00:27 am »

By my count, there are 10 Free State Project participant/early movers who won.  Granted, sj has had access to the membership database more recently than I have and I'm going strictly by memory, so maybe I'm missing a few.  In any case... impressive!!  Shocked

are we purposefully not trying to out people?

maybe you could just list the initials of the 10 you know about, and sj could see if his list matches?
"Hagrid"
FSP Participant

We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 08:20:35 am »

Yes.  Policy has always been to NOT out folks, privacy matters... those who are public (googling names is a good clue) can ID themselves if they wish.

There is NO good to be gain from providing a list to draw fire, and never has been.

I agree actual movers is easily 10-13, and proliberty winners are more in the 40+ range....

BigJoe

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 08:52:47 am »

Yes.  Policy has always been to NOT out folks, privacy matters... those who are public (googling names is a good clue) can ID themselves if they wish.

There is NO good to be gain from providing a list to draw fire, and never has been.

I agree actual movers is easily 10-13, and proliberty winners are more in the 40+ range....

In that case, I would be very thankful if someone sent me a PM of their list.  and how broad is your definition for 'proliberty' in your 40+ number?  how many of them for instance do you think could sign the statement of intent (apart from the whole moving bit)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:54:44 am by BigJoe » Logged
sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 10:41:10 am »

No.  We do not "out" free staters.  If a person wishes to self-identify, that is up to them.  However, when you are in-state, this information is readily available from conversation so those who have moved know the names. 

Click on "edit"

sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 10:43:23 am »

Yes.  Policy has always been to NOT out folks, privacy matters... those who are public (googling names is a good clue) can ID themselves if they wish.

In that case, I would be very thankful if someone sent me a PM of their list.  and how broad is your definition for 'proliberty' in your 40+ number?  how many of them for instance do you think could sign the statement of intent (apart from the whole moving bit)

I don't have a number like 40+ but there are LOTS AND LOTS of solid liberty-type non-free staters that won last night.  Lots.  Really, the free stater label means very little except for showing how easy it is to move and get elected.  A native can do just as much good. 

Click on "edit"

sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

MAKE THAT 14!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 10:50:02 am »

I now count 14 Free State Project Movers elected to the NH House, with many, many non-fsp libertarians elected as well.   Grin

Click on "edit"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: