Free State Project Forum
271222 Posts in 22215 Topics by 36608 Members / Latest Member: giaiakas
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 05:21:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  New Hampshire -- The "Live Free or Die" State
| |-+  NH Publicity
| | |-+  Keene residents tiring of Free Keeners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keene residents tiring of Free Keeners  (Read 30522 times)
FTL_Ian
FSP Participant/First 1000
Golden Porcupine

Peaceful Evolution

Ignore
Re: Keene residents tiring of Free Keeners
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2010, 11:15:12 am »

Just shot off my response; that letter is full of lies.  Another sad, desperate attempt at a smear from the anonymous critics.

150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
dalebert
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2010, 11:23:50 am »

http://sentinelsource.com/articles/2010/07/31/opinion/letters_editor/free/id_407932.txt
They grabbed an elderly bailiff at the Keene Superior Court and pinned him against the wall.

Not only is that absolutely not true, it's a 180 degree reversal of the kind of shit that goes down there.  To call that a smear tactic is quite an understatement.  That kind of blatant lie reeks of desperation.  We actually catch them being violent on camera which is why they want to ban our cameras.  Meanwhile, they have cameras plastered all over the place in the Keene District Court.  To them I say "Show me" and I'd like to know why charges haven't been pressed.

JasonPSorens
Administrator

Neohantonum liberissimum erit.

« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2010, 12:57:37 pm »

Hopefully the Sentinel publishes your response, Ian.

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
libertymatters

to defend another's liberty is to protect your own

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2010, 02:51:14 pm »

Just because you may not like a particular showing of civil disobedience, does not mean you should not tolerate it.

Not everyone want to be gay either, but to the extent that it highlights the problem with state marriage, government welfare, and government regulated health insurance- it is tolerable.  When we pick and choose the liberty we wish to respect we pick and choose our own bondage.

Mark W.
Future Free-Stater
@liberty_matters since 20100818
FreeKeene.com since 20100811
Joined FSP 20100804

I am interested in business in NH, civil disobedience, electing a senator who will immediately step down so the state legislature can appoint one.
preparehandbook

Email
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2010, 02:18:41 am »

it's not like junior high kids are politically influential[/quote]

They're not politically influential right now, but if we don't change the views of today's junior high kids, were will we be when they are politically influential?

Small incidents I saw when growing up deeply influenced my views today.
BigJoe

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2010, 09:12:51 am »

it's not like junior high kids are politically influential

They're not politically influential right now, but if we don't change the views of today's junior high kids, were will we be when they are politically influential?

Small incidents I saw when growing up deeply influenced my views today.
[/quote]

yes but there is a good chance most of those people will become or would have become apathetic anyway.  It makes more sense to try and sway the people with the most influence, then you will get trickle down effects.
preparehandbook

Email
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2010, 01:33:11 pm »

it's not like junior high kids are politically influential
They're not politically influential right now, but if we don't change the views of today's junior high kids, were will we be when they are politically influential?Small incidents I saw when growing up deeply influenced my views today.

yes but there is a good chance most of those people will become or would have become apathetic anyway.  It makes more sense to try and sway the people with the most influence, then you will get trickle down effects.
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree, Without social change, trickle down is easily shrugged off.That being said, I'm not confident that the keene folks message is one that will stick, not actually sure what it is.

Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted. -Vladimir Lenin

The first day I went to school my mother handed me my lunchbox (remember those?), zipped up my coat and said: "Almost everything they tell you will be lies" This has stuck with me my whole life, and it was true.
John Edward Mercier

Native

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2010, 05:52:53 pm »

Turned out Lenin was wrong.
preparehandbook

Email
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2010, 06:32:49 pm »

Yeah lenin was off on a lot of things, but he was right in the general sense that it's easier to train kids than untrain adults. Though high school through college age is a pretty malleable group.

I don't get why so many FSP folks seem to assume the college kids are all dyed in the wool statists. Traditionally isn't that a great group to recruit from? Before they fall into the mistaken belief that our two party system has two parties?
Dreepa
First 1000
Global Moderator

« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2010, 06:57:39 am »

Yeah lenin was off on a lot of things, but he was right in the general sense that it's easier to train kids than untrain adults. Though high school through college age is a pretty malleable group.

I don't get why so many FSP folks seem to assume the college kids are all dyed in the wool statists. Traditionally isn't that a great group to recruit from? Before they fall into the mistaken belief that our two party system has two parties?

yes college kids are some of the best to recruit:

1.  Minds mostly open.
2.  They are not bogged down by kids, spouse and debt.
3.  They can move anywhere as they are not settled yet.
BigJoe

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2010, 11:06:23 am »

earlier you were talking about junior high kids, which I believe is a big waste of time, unless you are ALREADY in power and have access to ALL the kids for a number of years like the Soviets did.  Even so, there is only so much B.S. you can feed people, I think for a long time before the USSR actually collapsed people knew not to trust the government.
preparehandbook

Email
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2010, 01:47:06 pm »

earlier you were talking about junior high kids, which I believe is a big waste of time, unless you are ALREADY in power and have access to ALL the kids for a number of years like the Soviets did.  Even so, there is only so much B.S. you can feed people, I think for a long time before the USSR actually collapsed people knew not to trust the government.

Unfortunately many youngsters nowadys do trust their government. If it was possible to plant a seed of mistrust, or the idea they can thinlk critically about what they're told.... either of these messages if effective could have profound results on those kids.

Again I'm not so sure the keeener's activities would really have much effect, but in a free society, I don't have to be sure because it's not up to me.
FreeStyle

Email
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2010, 06:33:14 pm »

if Keene residents tire of antics they can choose to leave peaceful people alone.  Problem solved. 

Since when did the FSP forum become the Free Keene witchhunt forum?  Perhaps if you don't like what's happening in NH you should move here and do what you can to counteract it.  You can go out and say that smoking weed is bad and shouldn't be tolerated. 

That'll show 'em.
preparehandbook

Email
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2010, 12:37:06 am »

Don't some of the keene residents like the free keene activities?

I hear some folks saying that some folks don't like the message, but isn't there support as well?

I'm curious because I was thinking that keene might be a good destination. It seems like a lot is happening there, a lot of activism of all sorts.

Where I am now folks wouldn't dare speak/act out in such a way, they want to, but are afraid. We have plenty of umarked police cars with plain clothes officers that do whatever the heck they want, it's unclear who they are, they're plenty trigger happy and terrorize the rank and file police officers along with the populace. A officer in my family asked recently wether an individual officer was homeland security or under the local office and was told if he asked again it would severly damage his career, this for just asking a question.
dalebert
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2010, 10:12:41 am »

Don't some of the keene residents like the free keene activities?

Absolutely.  We meet them.  They show up in our forum from time to time.  But complainers tend to be louder.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: