Free State Project Forum
268881 Posts in 21892 Topics by 36087 Members / Latest Member: ttjbbre58
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 01:45:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  New Hampshire -- The "Live Free or Die" State
| |-+  NH Information and Discussion
| | |-+  How I "Beat" my Expired Vehicle Registration Ticket in Court
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: How I "Beat" my Expired Vehicle Registration Ticket in Court  (Read 14449 times)
MK

AKA Markus

Ignore
How I "Beat" my Expired Vehicle Registration Ticket in Court
« on: March 02, 2010, 02:24:43 pm »

In the middle of a move, I was a few days off from off getting the time to get my Vehicle Registration Sticker renewed when an armed government agent, affiliated with the gang that calls themselves the City of Stratham, wrote out a demand for money ($103 Ticket) for this "violation"  (that's 55% more the yearly tax that I paid to register the vehicle).

From the start, I had one and only a goal and that was I did not want to pay these gangsters any more money.  So I decided I would challenge their demand, alone, in their house; i.e.; in our "Justice" system .  So I mailed it in, indicating I wanted a court date and was given one about 6 weeks out.  I didn't want to make a big show out of it (as much as I enjoy watching and taking part in such acts).  I just wanted to do one thing, Not pay them any more money (regardless of how I decided to challenge it and I didn't know exactly how I would when I mailed the ticket in).

Court Date,, 'Feb/2010, 8:30 AM.  Stratham has their court (payday) in Kingston at least one day a week and there were about 50+ "customers," of almost all of which,  who arrived on time, a few stragglers but no one later than 10 minutes.  Just before 9, the ones who "serve us" decided to get started.  I couldn't help but think of one word again and again and again while I waited for the proceedings to begin: Obey, Obey, Obey.

A prosecuter started things by introducing himself.  He said line up so everyone would have a chance to speak to him about their "case."  When it was my turn, I told the Prosecuter I thought the fine was unreasonable.  I told him I had an information website in Portsmouth (I left out the part where, although I've shot a bunch of video, I haven't launched the site yet) and that I had talked to a Portsmouth Police Officer about my violation and he said in Portsmouth (for those who appeal)if you have no previous violations, they will suspend it, no fine, put it on file for a year, and then dismiss it, after one year, if you don't have any new "violations."

Before I could finish the last word of my sentence, the prosecutor quickly said "there's no fine for that.  I'll have the officer check that you have in fact registered your vehicle and we can put it on file.  Have a seat over there." (this was never checked).

So I had a seat. After about 10 minutes, I was asked to sign a form that put this "violation" on file for a year.  I was ready to go, but then he told me I had to wait and see the Judge.  The Judge?  What for I wondered?  I was just told the "deal" I was going to get and allready signed paperwork.  So I waited another 20 minutes for the Judge to enter the room. 

When it was my turn the Judge asked me if I had gotten my "Buggy" registered.  I confirmed and I was finally free to go.  All together it took 1.5 hours (not counting drive time). 

One of the hardest things for to deal with in life is Government.  I think I know how they work better than they do and that's why it almost makes me sick to my stomach when I actually have to deal with the members of this gang, regardless of the capacity.    What's hardest for me is they seem to think they own us and are the reality version of playing God with people's lives by always using the threat of using Violence against you, (we'll throw you in a cage, not to mention penalizing you financially).   

I know people who get it just want to own their own lives but when you are actually in our system, you feel/know the opposite is true.  You don't own your life, they do.  What's your best defense if you get caught stepping in this trap?  Well everyone in the know, knows: If you got big bucks, you can hire the most expensive attorney and there's a good chance you can beat whatever is they've got on you.

Translation: If you got a pile of cash and are willing to part with it, you'll have a great chance of steering things the direction you want them to go.  A popular quote about this is: "We have the best Legal/Justice system money can buy."

And analyzed on principle; that's pretty damn dishonest.

*In sharing this story with a cashier at the Portsmouth Wal Mart, she said all towns/cities in NH will do what they did for me, under the same circumstances.  Don't know if that's true but it's worth looking into if you happen to step in that particular pile of dog dung.

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.
John Edward Mercier

Native

Ignore
Re: How I "Beat" my Expired Vehicle Registration Ticket in Court
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 02:28:01 pm »

Don't need an attorney, simply don't drive.
Dreepa
First 1000
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 06:18:38 am »

Don't need an attorney, simply don't drive.

what great advice!
ny2nh

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 07:52:34 am »

In a cases similar to this, you can usually get them to waive the fine. Unless you're a dick about it and then why would they want to.
maxxoccupancy

Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 12:56:33 am »

You should see if you can get some video of any of this and post it on the Seacoast Liberty youtube channel.  Let me know.

If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: