Free State Project Forum
271218 Posts in 22215 Topics by 36608 Members / Latest Member: giaiakas
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 10:20:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP -- General Discussion
| |-+  The Friendly Forum
| | |-+  HP scroll on mouse pad not working
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: HP scroll on mouse pad not working  (Read 6039 times)
sonio
FSP Participant

Ignore
HP scroll on mouse pad not working
« on: February 08, 2010, 10:43:11 pm »

Does anyone who may or may not be a computer expert or lawyer want to give me his/her professional advice on how to fix this scroller thing on my HP mousepad that isn't working?

It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard
B.D. Ross
Director of Development
Global Moderator

Re: HP scroll on mouse pad not working
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:45:26 pm »

"Not working"?
sonio
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:19:53 am »

yea.  Randomly it stopped scrolling.  (I realize that really isn't a grammatically correct use of the word random.  Bite me  Grin)

So the touch pad itself still works I just can't get the blasted thing to scroll!!!!

It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard
B.D. Ross
Director of Development
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:00:34 am »

You can't move the mouse pointer?
sonio
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:37 pm »

I can move the pointer Smiley
I can't use the right side to scroll up and down anymore... Sad

B.D. Ross
Director of Development
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:49:39 pm »

You can move the pointer... and you can click?

So, you can move your cursor over a "scroll bar" in a window like a web browser, and you click but it doesn't scroll the window? Yet you can click other things?
---edit---
And does that only happen in your web browser? (which I'm going to "guess" is firefox)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:32:18 pm by B.D. Ross » Logged
sonio
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 10:55:20 am »

No.  It isn't the scroll function on the side of a window; yes I do use firefox Wink  It is the scroll function on the actual mousepad Cheesy

KBCraig
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 11:41:37 am »

I'm trying to interpret here, and assuming this is an HP laptop with a trackpad ("mouse pad").

Many laptops have a couple of small, almost un-noticeable buttons right above the trackpad, with tiny LED status lights. Usually one turns the trackpad off (so you don't accidentally hit it while you have a mouse connected), and I believe I've seen one to turn off scrolling.

It's worth a look.
B.D. Ross
Director of Development
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:00 am »

--you mean your mousepad has separate buttons for scrolling? (I 'sposed I should've asked for the computer model).

Hmmm. Are there any special programs you have running that control the touchpad? (check the taskbar in the lower right-hand corner). Perhaps you (or the Microsoft Instability Fairy) have changed a setting, disabling the scroll buttons.

Or, alternatively, enter the Control Panel, and go to Mouse (or whatever the Mouse-setup option is included in). See if the HP software has modified that, giving you extra options that might now be disabled.
sonio
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 12:15:42 am »

Craig, it only has a function to turn off the pad as a whole not scrolling only, but thanks!  Smiley

Ross, I think the software is missing.  It seems to have just gone away... Sad  Syn-something.  But I went under mouse to try to update it and it wouldn't work Sad

B.D. Ross
Director of Development
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 12:52:07 am »

Craig, it only has a function to turn off the pad as a whole not scrolling only, but thanks!  Smiley

Ross, I think the software is missing.  It seems to have just gone away... Sad  Syn-something.  But I went under mouse to try to update it and it wouldn't work Sad

Synaptics probably. You can probably download the software,
mbomba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 12:23:46 am »

The Synaptics virtual scrolling option can be reset....

In the taskbar there should be a Synaptics icon - double click on it, go to "device settings," click "Settings" beneath the list window, click virtual scrolling, deselect horizontal scrolling, apply, re-select it, click apply
control panel > mouse may have the same options.

Hope this helps!
Jerry
Global Moderator

Next 1000

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 02:31:29 am »

The Synaptics virtual scrolling option can be reset....

In the taskbar there should be a Synaptics icon - double click on it, go to "device settings," click "Settings" beneath the list window, click virtual scrolling, deselect horizontal scrolling, apply, re-select it, click apply
control panel > mouse may have the same options.

Hope this helps!

Wow!  A helpful spammer.  Somebody from China with excellent English skills (or ability to cut and paste), spoofing a US IP address.
He just failed to notice this thread is over two years old, and his isp is on several spam blacklists.
They are having to work harder to get in.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:45:53 pm by Jerry » Logged
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: