Free State Project Forum
271419 Posts in 22259 Topics by 36717 Members / Latest Member: suit38yard
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2014, 08:16:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP -- General Discussion
| |-+  Prospective Participants
| | |-+  New mover - Upper Valley
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: New mover - Upper Valley  (Read 2937 times)
Maarten

Ignore
New mover - Upper Valley
« on: August 20, 2009, 05:42:41 pm »

Hi Everyone! Long time no see! (I was mostly active a few years back, when I still lived in the Netherlands)

To summarize the story since then; I moved to the US to get a master's degree, and I did so at NC State University in Raleigh, NC, and I just recently graduated from there. I decided that I wanted more school, so I applied to several PhD programs all over the East Coast and I was accepted at a few, one among which was Dartmouth College. I chose that one both because of where it was and because it's an amazing school. I really liked the fact that it was located in New Hampshire, because that state is awesome Smiley and also that it's still pretty rural, and you still get a really good school. My fiancee helped me move in a few weeks back, but she had to go back to North Carolina for this coming semester so she could finish up her last courses; she'll be joining me around Christmas.

I would very much like to meet some other people who live in this area, as I am still in the process of getting to know new people and making new friends and connections here. I live in downtown Lebanon, so if anyone in that area knows of things going on, or wouldn't mind doing something in the future, please do let me know about it. I'm really very nice Wink

I am not completely sure yet that I will forever live here, but there's a pretty good chance that I will. I will definitely be here for the next 5 years while I get my degree, but after that it depends on where I can find a good job in my field and whether my Southern fiancee (wife by then Wink) can withstand the winters. She really liked it when she was here for a few weeks, so that's a good sign.

Maybe in time we could even start an effort to kick some of those horrible reps we have here out of office; I heard that certain parts of this district are very freedom loving, and I could maybe help some next year with letting people here know about better candidates =)
Jerry
Global Moderator

Next 1000

Re: New mover - Upper Valley
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 07:01:43 pm »

You are 20 miles and two weeks away from my housewarming party.  Stop by and meet the folks.
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=18888.0
Maarten

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 07:09:21 pm »

Aww, I'm sorry to say I'll be in north carolina that weekend; it's my last weekend before school starts and I get to see my lady then Smiley
sj
Participant Services Director/Advertising Sales Director
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 07:17:07 pm »

Welcome home! The Upper Valley is beautiful...and expensive.

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

Click on "FSP Registration Information"

Update your address and click "submit"
maxxoccupancy

Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:27:45 pm »

Don't forget to update your address here so that we can move that counter.  These counters are among our most powerful and effective recruiting tools.  Also, if you missed out on the First 1,000, you get still get on board with the Next 1,000 (especially if you have already made the move) by signing up at pledgebank.com/Next1000

The best thing that you can do for the movement is recruit.  I travel a lot, so I've spent the last three months out of state getting the word out about the Free State Project in New Hampshire.

If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Maarten

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 09:19:58 pm »

It is very beautiful, indeed. I love living here =) I'm really looking forward to the winter, too! It is expensive, although i think that's mostly if you want to live in one of the main towns here. The smaller surrounding towns and villages seem much more affordable, and they're close by with all the highways going through Smiley
Rebel
FSP Participant

FSP Expat atm

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 10:09:13 pm »

Welcome friend.
jeanius

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 07:04:25 am »

Hello Maarten,

My family and I live in the Upper Valley and love it.  We are in Grantham a little town about 20 minutes south on 89 from Hanover/Lebanon and 40 minutes from Concord.  We fell in love with this area during our travels.  The Dartmouth campus brings a great hub of activity to the area, West Lebanon offers decent shopping (Home Depot, Borders, etc.), Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center can be handy, etc.  Next get together we have I'll let you know so you can come and meet some local Porcupines!

Jean
lloydbob1

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 07:15:27 am »

Only near Dartmouth.  Grafton is affordable.
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: