Free State Project Forum
271226 Posts in 22216 Topics by 36621 Members / Latest Member: opiniomfoge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 01:58:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  Montana Group
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montana Group  (Read 3192 times)
R1J1D

Ignore
Montana Group
« on: May 01, 2009, 01:45:24 pm »

is there anyone here in Montana I am in great falls, just wondering if there are any good people from this site out here we really need an open eyed group of people here I just moved here a year ago and know very few people I only have 3 neighbors who are all some of the greatest people I have met.

I love my new state and most of its laws and regulations but there is a change happening here and nationwide we the free people need to take our power back.

Will
sj
Participant Services Director/Advertising Sales Director
Administrator

Paleoconservative

Re: Montana Group
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 01:48:40 pm »

is there anyone here in Montana I am in great falls, just wondering if there are any good people from this site out here we really need an open eyed group of people here I just moved here a year ago and know very few people I only have 3 neighbors who are all some of the greatest people I have met.

I love my new state and most of its laws and regulations but there is a change happening here and nationwide we the free people need to take our power back.

Will

Hey Will,

I know we have had at least one person move from Montana to New Hampshire with the Free State Project.  I don't know how many members we have in Montana though. 

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

Click on "FSP Registration Information"

Update your address and click "submit"
R1J1D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 02:16:31 pm »

cool I am all for moving, I love traveling and that is the best way to live life, I did not know NH had no sales tax or income here in MT we have income tax but no sales and no BS smog check and insane registration fees like back in L.A. Cali.   I am still reading alot about NH here do they have a smog chek requirement like CA?

where is some more info on moving to NH, I love nature and want to be surrounded by nature and good people of course it sounds like NH might be the place for my family I have much more research to do my 7yr old daughter is home schooled and I want to keep it that way for my 2month old son is NH home school friendly?  I have so many questions and your post just made me want to move again!! Cheesy
sj
Participant Services Director/Advertising Sales Director
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 02:24:23 pm »

NH's home school laws are middle of the road and in need of improvement. 

The state has lots of open spaces.  I went to study with a friend a few days ago who lives about 30 min outside of Concord (the capital)....her house was two miles back in dirt roads. 

You can find information all over our website.  Look at the menu on the left and click around.  And let us know if you have any questions.

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

Click on "FSP Registration Information"

Update your address and click "submit"
maxxoccupancy

Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 02:42:37 pm »

New Hampshire is a good place to raise a family, and the home schooling laws are not too bad.  There is an impressive homeschool support group in New Hampshire, and there were almost a thousand people attending one homeschool bill hearing--and a few porcs up there recruiting folks for other liberty activism, while they were at it.  Yeah, getting locals involved!

You can find other folks (and maybe encourage them to move out with you guys Wink ) at fundamentalsoffreedom.org  They are more Wyoming centered, but have a couple of Montana folks, too.  I've been telling folks on the west coast about both New Hampsha and Wyoming, although I'd much rather they come out here to the seacoast.  It's actually the only ocean area anywhere amongst the migration states.  We've been sharing info and handy tips with the Wyoming folks, and vice versa.

If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
djbridgeland

moved October 2008, Second 1000

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 02:45:44 pm »

"cool I am all for moving, I love traveling and that is the best way to live life, I did not know NH had no sales tax or income here in MT we have income tax but no sales and no BS smog check and insane registration fees like back in L.A. Cali.   I am still reading alot about NH here do they have a smog chek requirement like CA?"

NH does have safety inspections, however they are not as intrusive as most other states that have inspections.  From what I understand as long as your check engine light isn't on then you will most likely pass the emissions part.  All that they do is hook up a scanner to the computer and scan for any codes. Then as long as you have enough brake pad material, tire tread left, among other things you will most likely pass. With Auto registration you pay a state fee, plus city/town fees and taxes on a yearly basis. I just paid under $100 on my 99 Ford Taurus.  The cost will very based upon the age of your vehicle, size, and where you live.    
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:49:31 pm by djbridgeland » Logged
R1J1D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 03:15:24 pm »

nice it sounds about the same here price wise I like the idea of inspections you really should not make you pay for it if it is required then get the Highway patrol of their A$$ and let them inspect it! anyway its a good thing to have a well maintained car especially brakes and tires.

thanks for the other site I will check it out!
Mark D

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 04:36:12 pm »

... my 7yr old daughter is home schooled and I want to keep it that way for my 2month old son is NH home school friendly?  I have so many questions and your post just made me want to move again!! Cheesy

You'll find the homeschool laws here an improvement over those in MT; no immunization tracking requirements; no min number of hours; and no building code requirements. You can see a summary of the HS laws here (http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp?State=nh).  That said the powers the be have made attacking us (proposing revamps to existing regs) an annual ritual.  You'll find the families of the 4000+ homeschoolers in this state are remarkably interconnected, organized and activist.

That said, as good a homeschooling State as I've found it to be (I'm a homeschool father of four)  the annual proffering of legislation will continue.

Btw, I have to lay my cards on the table...back when FSP voted I voted for MT (though I didn't homeschool at the time)  Wink
maxxoccupancy

Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 05:26:13 pm »

I think that I put Montana second or third.  It's a pretty good state, IMO.

If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
R1J1D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 05:34:52 pm »

So far I love the state. I have been homeschooling for a while now I think 5 months or so and all the superintendent of schools wanted was for us to sign up with them and say we are now homeschooling and that was it. none of the other stuff you mentioned was brought up at all.

so far the new gun laws that are being put through and the governors actions on letting the Fed know that we know our state rights and the Fed should know there's are very reassuring to me.
mikes334

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:29:14 am »

MT is a great state to live in. I have family up that way.

Looking for a quality flue liner for my home.
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: