Free State Project Forum
271036 Posts in 22158 Topics by 36486 Members / Latest Member: CMcCray
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 03:17:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP -- Recruiting and Publicity
| |-+  FSP Recruiting (Moderators: Steve, 1DayAtATime)
| | |-+  FSP Recruiting on Facebook
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15  Go Down Print
Author Topic: FSP Recruiting on Facebook  (Read 56195 times)
sj
Participant Services Director/Advertising Sales Director
Administrator

Paleoconservative

FSP Recruiting on Facebook
« on: November 06, 2008, 03:35:09 pm »

Facebook has the best advertising options I've ever seen.  They allow you to reach people in certain states, between certain ages, in certain levels of schooling, with certain political beliefs AND certain interests. 

Because of the Income Tax vote in MA, I'm thinking an ad targeted to 18-25 year old college students (i.e., mobile people) in MA who are fans of Ron Paul.  We can have the ad targeted to reach ONLY those people and then pay only when those people click the ad.  They would be directed to this page when they click.

I'm starting a chipin to fund this ad.  It will cost anywhere from 25 cents to 70 cents per click (but remember that these are very high quality clicks).  Also, we can run ads in Washington DC related to the new random search policy on the DC mass transit system.  We could also run general ads for all the states that are North of Pennsylvania...people are more likely to move within their region.

You can donate at FSP.ChipIn.com

Ad would look something like this (but the details of who we're advertising to would be different of course)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:25:28 pm by sj » Logged

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

Click on "FSP Registration Information"

Update your address and click "submit"
Rich Goldman
FSP Participant

Ignore
Re: FSP Recruiting on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:52:32 pm »

Great idea.  Which FSP page will this ad be linking to?

Someone match my $36 and let's get this rolling...
    -Rich

--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008
sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:07:16 pm »

Thanks rich!

It will link to this page that I just created: http://www.freestateproject.org/intro/2008_mass_election

Suggestions on content, organization and layout are greatly appreciated.

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

Fishercat
First 1000
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 04:15:58 pm »

-Rich

Done... You're good to go, Seth.
Rich Goldman
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 04:16:11 pm »

Overall, looks good.  Some quick things though:

1) Can't stop the rentFREE movie once it starts.  No media control bar
2) Should mention (though it's probably already known) that NH has no state income or sales tax
3) Should we add a link to www.whynewhampshire.org ?
4) Add to the list of good things about new hampshire it's rating as best overall state, healthiest state, safest state, etc.

--
Rich Goldman
sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 04:59:17 pm »

Overall, looks good.  Some quick things though:

1) Can't stop the rentFREE movie once it starts.  No media control bar
2) Should mention (though it's probably already known) that NH has no state income or sales tax
3) Should we add a link to www.whynewhampshire.org ?
4) Add to the list of good things about new hampshire it's rating as best overall state, healthiest state, safest state, etc.

I can't change the video thing without making it much bigger. 

What I'm up against now is having too much info.  I've edited to make it clear that NH has no income or sales tax.  I can add a link to the updated 101 Reasons, but I can't find a place to put the healthiest and safest state...I feel like there's already too much.

Click on "edit"

sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 04:59:27 pm »

-Rich

Done... You're good to go, Seth.

Thanks!!  Smiley

Click on "edit"

Rich Goldman
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 05:10:39 pm »

What about removing "Building without needing permits" and add a line with links at the end saying:  for more reasons, check out Why New Hampshire, the 101 Reasons Brochure, or talk with us on our forum.  You could also probably condense the text in the upper-right box by making the text into links (so you can remove Reters and Union Leader) and removing the separating lines.  Make it just two sentences.  Would the 5 Year video maybe work better at the top?
   -Rich

--
Rich Goldman
sonio
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 05:15:23 pm »

The list of 101 reasons was one of the most compelling things I've read.

I created a FSP flair for my facebook page and it's saved in the flair application for anyone who wants to use their page to advertise for free...   Smiley

It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard
sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 05:15:59 pm »

What about removing "Building without needing permits" and add a line with links at the end saying:  for more reasons, check out Why New Hampshire, the 101 Reasons Brochure, or talk with us on our forum.  You could also probably condense the text in the upper-right box by making the text into links (so you can remove Reters and Union Leader) and removing the separating lines.  Make it just two sentences.  Would the 5 Year video maybe work better at the top?
   -Rich

I can do that.  The list explains what Free Staters are doing starting with a gerund...I couldn't figure out how to add it to that list in a way consistent with the other bullets so I added it to the bottom left where I had some space.  Tell me what you think of it now and what you think would be better.  I'm open to suggestions.

Click on "edit"

Rich Goldman
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 05:28:40 pm »

It doesn't look like you're changes have been applied (yet).
   -Rich
P.S.  Do you have Skype?

--
Rich Goldman
sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 06:09:47 pm »

It doesn't look like you're changes have been applied (yet).
   -Rich
P.S.  Do you have Skype?

I'm pretty sure the changes have been applied.

No, I don't have skype.

Click on "edit"

Rich Goldman
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 09:33:38 pm »

Ah, I see the changes.  It looks ready to go.  Last (unnecessary) suggestion I'd make though is to add a link somewhere in the main text taking people to post to the FSP forum. 

I look forward to seeing the response/analytics on the ad (am I correct that FB provides these stats?)

Thanks for taking the lead on this :-)
   -Rich

--
Rich Goldman
sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 10:06:17 pm »

Ah, I see the changes.  It looks ready to go.  Last (unnecessary) suggestion I'd make though is to add a link somewhere in the main text taking people to post to the FSP forum. 

I look forward to seeing the response/analytics on the ad (am I correct that FB provides these stats?)

Thanks for taking the lead on this :-)
   -Rich

I'll try to find a place to link to the forum.  In the past, people haven't clicked a forum link when I provided it.  The page I used as a template (the Ron Paul page I created last year) had links to the forum, but I cut out a bunch of stuff because I thought it was too busy.

I don't know if FB has analytics but I assume they do. This is my first time using FB, but the targeting is so much better than google because you can target by age, education and interests.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:25:33 pm by sj » Logged

Click on "edit"

sj
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 10:30:10 pm »

We've raised $100.  The goal is $350.  That amount of $$ will allow us to reach 500 to 1000 of THE MOST likely libertarians to move.  That is, people who are already close to NH (MA), who are young and in college (mobile), and who are liberty-oriented and interested in Ron Paul.

Click on "edit"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: