Free State Project Forum
270832 Posts in 22134 Topics by 36398 Members / Latest Member: CWill
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 06:24:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP -- Recruiting and Publicity
| |-+  FSP Recruiting (Moderators: Steve, 1DayAtATime)
| | |-+  Bookmark Distribution
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bookmark Distribution  (Read 6071 times)
PDenisch
FSP Merchandise Coordinator
Friend of the FSP

What Would Ludwig Do?

Ignore
Bookmark Distribution
« on: August 10, 2007, 09:02:19 am »

Please help give ideas about where to place FSP bookmarks that will attract the most and/or best participants.

Standard freedom texts, American history books, libertarian authors, libertarian-like authors.

Ayn Rand, Robert Heinlein, John Stossel, Walter Williams, Thomas Woods, Thomas DiLorenzo, Milton Freeman, Murray Rothbard, Henry Hazlitt, Lysander Spooner, H. L. Mencken, Will Rogers(?), Mark Twain, Thomas Sowell, and well, you get the idea - please keep adding to this list.

Dare I also suggest that we consider placing FSP Bookmarks in the enemy camp? Marx, and well, pretty much any mainstream writer in the last century or so? Smiley

How about self-help books that deal with people having problems with government? "How to beat tax forclosures" and similar titles. People who are having specific, immediate trouble with government bureaucracy and burdensome regulation should be a receptive audience (although now I'm feeling a bit like a vulture - but maybe those are the people that need a dose of freedom most)

Please fill in with as many ideas as you can, this may be a great opportunity bring Liberty in Our Lifetime to many more people.

ad summam redire societatem coire, persevare
CA_Libertarian

FSP Member 2007

Ignore
Re: Bookmark Distribution
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 11:15:16 am »

I would also target books & periodicals concerning:
Business
Firearms/Self Defense
Civil rights
'Western' novels
hunter/camping/fishing

www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)
sandm000

Brian

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 01:04:03 pm »

The first libertarian novel I read was in SF
The Probability Broach

Also try
Atlas Shrugged
The Fountainhead (required reading at some schools)
V for Vendetta (either graphic novel or literature)
Anything by Heinlein

A government is not legitimate merely because it exists. 
-Jeane J. Kirkpatrick

The government's War on Poverty has transformed poverty from a short-term misfortune into a career choice.-Harry Browne

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work.-Milton Friedman
error
First 1000
FSP Participant

Department of Homeland Stupidity

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »

Indeed, the people currently having trouble with the government are going to be quite open to the possibility of having less of it.
FreeBoB

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 04:20:17 pm »

I gave a bookmark to all of the folks who I see at our local monthly libertarian meeting. I just walk arould and hand one to all, whether it's the bookmark, matchbooks, brochure, etc.  As soon as there's a new promo piece available, I order some and get them out. That's where my Golden Porcupine came from - my local friends!  They'll tell you, I've been doing this for years.  Target marketing.  Grin

http://www.freestateproject.org/volunteer/goldenporcupine
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 04:24:15 pm by Brian Sullivan » Logged
LibertyforLife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 05:54:03 pm »

Something that might be interesting would be a RSS feed that one could subscribe to that would allow you to push out new sites to everyone subscribed.

Live free or die!
KBCraig
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 01:52:21 am »

(required reading at some schools)

My local Books-A-Million has a small section with copies of the required reading lists for the local schools. Sounds like a great place to plant some bookmarks!
CA_Libertarian

FSP Member 2007

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 01:34:13 am »

Just ordered my bookmarks today.  Not yet sure about distributing them, but this thread gives me some great ideas.

...now I just need to get a stamp to start advertising FSP on my FRNs.

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
JonM
First 1000
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 01:23:09 pm »

There's a ChipIn on the website now to raise money for a 2nd printing of bookmarks.  I can finally fix that whole license instead of permit thing.  We've never made much money off these things, and we give away lots of them.  So if you like them, kick in a few bucks!
Power Penguin
LG Coordinator / First 1000
FSP Participant

I know where (some of) you live!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 02:33:02 am »

I always put a FSP bookmark and my business card in any and all books I sell or give away to other people. The fact that these books tend to be pro liberty also helps. I also do it w/ books I borrow from the library at my U 8-).

Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?
CA_Libertarian

FSP Member 2007

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 02:57:24 am »

Still waiting on my bookmarks.  Got my stamp today though.  I'm a little disappointed with the stamp.  The font is much smaller than what their "proof" showed.  Unless the stamp is applied with just the right amount of pressure, the ink runs together and the URL is illegible.

1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 10:21:55 pm »

So I was at the Mall of America last week and I added a free FSP bookmark to all of the large Ayn Rand books at the B&N.

Please do not take anything I say as 100% accurate or as an official opinion of the FSP.

Haven't joined the Free State Project yet? Join now! http://freestateproject.org/fsn10
Looking for resources on where to live and how to find a job in NH? http://freestateproject.org/resources
error
First 1000
FSP Participant

Department of Homeland Stupidity

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 01:54:03 am »

It was raining and you didn't park in those nice shiny covered parking garages? Smiley
sj
Participant Services Director/Advertising Sales Director
Administrator

Paleoconservative

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 11:32:09 am »

Still waiting on my bookmarks.  Got my stamp today though.  I'm a little disappointed with the stamp.  The font is much smaller than what their "proof" showed.  Unless the stamp is applied with just the right amount of pressure, the ink runs together and the URL is illegible.

If the stamp is self-inking, that problem might go away with time.

Moved?  Update your address so we can move the counter and get more people to follow you! To update, go to www.freestateproject.org/user

Click on "edit"

Click on "FSP Registration Information"

Update your address and click "submit"
Ron Helwig
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 07:58:22 am »

So I was at the Mall of America last week and I added a free FSP bookmark to all of the large Ayn Rand books at the B&N.

Thanks for bringing back the nightmares. I worked in the parking ramps there for 8 months, starting the day before the whole thing opened. The first three weeks were hell (I worked 7 days a week, for at least 13 hours/day). The ramps would be totally filled by noon and we would be running around trying to find spots, directing traffic, yelling at people trying to go around the barricades that were set up to direct them to places where there were spots. I got hit 4 times while working there, thankfully none serious.

I did get to see a car fire though. Some gal had driven all the way from Chicago just to have lunch there. Her car overheated, and while she was inside getting lunch, the car started on fire. I was a couple hundred feet away when the tires popped.

Good work on the bookmark action though. You might also want to be planting them in some Sci-Fi books as well: Heinlen, Spider Robinson, etc.

Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver
Pages: [1] 2  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: