Free State Project Forum
271253 Posts in 22225 Topics by 36641 Members / Latest Member: JoelSMosny
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 03:49:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP -- General Discussion
| |-+  General FSP Discussion
| | |-+  Annual state freedom indices
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annual state freedom indices  (Read 3194 times)
JasonPSorens
Administrator

Neohantonum liberissimum erit.

Annual state freedom indices
« on: May 27, 2006, 01:49:10 pm »

The FSP will be helping to create an annual size of government index for all 50 states, taking into account both economic and personal freedoms. Varrin has appointed me to be the project manager for this. I'm looking for volunteers who would are handy with spreadsheets and would be willing to look up one or two important variables, do in-depth research on them, and provide a justifiable quantitative ranking of all 50 states on the measures. I plan to bring in researchers from other thinktanks and organizations as well to provide greater objectivity, wider input, & stronger influence in the policy and academic communities. I will be asking a few individuals to help who I think will be interested, but if you would like to volunteer your abilities, please let me know.

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Shuvom

Ignore
Re: Annual state freedom indices
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 10:12:55 pm »

Jason,

I'm good with Excel, love displaying quantitative data (Edward Tufte, anyone?) and might as well spend productive time getting my VGA tan instead of playing CIV 4 like I did all this weekend. 

Sign me up for a little something.   

Thanks,
Shuvom
Shuvom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:15:22 pm »

Forgot to add:  shuvom@comcast.net  252-646-2643

Shuvom
varrin
Former FSP President
FSP Participant

THE air male

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 03:47:16 pm »

... instead of playing CIV 4 like I did all this weekend. 

Well, at least it's a great game... Smiley  But there's plenty to do!  Thanks for volunteering to help!

Any others? Wink

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.
JasonPSorens
Administrator

Neohantonum liberissimum erit.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 04:58:44 pm »

I've got a team of 10 volunteers now; I think that should be enough, although of course if you are really interested in this project, do still contact me about it.

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
FreeBoB

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 11:27:08 pm »

I can't wait to see the results!

Brian
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: