Free State Project Forum
270739 Posts in 22122 Topics by 36362 Members / Latest Member: Williamtor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 03:27:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP -- Recruiting and Publicity
| |-+  Shadow Ads (Moderator: jgmaynard)
| | |-+  Minnesota boy charged for writing a poem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Minnesota boy charged for writing a poem  (Read 35487 times)
priest666vash

Ignore
Re: Minnesota boy charged for writing a poem
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 01:15:31 pm »

yes that is what i got my name from ur pretty good and no i didn't have any spaceing. its a crappy poem so yeah anyways um..yaeh
priest666vash

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 01:23:11 pm »

i have many many other poems not really i have i think finally over 100 poems i don't write often but yeah it wasn't that bad all that happen was i had to do 25 hours of community serivce and 3 months of probation which wasn't that bad sicnde i didn't have to call my p.o all the time and i only did 2 hours of community serivce.
john_wiltbank

The Lone Llama!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 05:25:00 am »

Hey, priest666vash, that's really cool you found us.  Welcome!  It's just not right they punished you at all.  Isn't there something called the first amendment?  Isn't this supposed to be a free country?  So much for that, huh?  They try to claim you committed a crime for writing a poem!  You didn't commit any crime.  You're the good guy in this tale, and the school thugs were just plain wrong.  You might want to take a look around the rest of the Free State Project forum and see if you like what you read.

In Liberty,

John
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 06:43:03 am by john_wiltbank » Logged
weerez1214

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 01:50:52 am »

Not right that they punished him? yeah...its definitely a bad idea to look into things when people right notes/poems about killing people...hmm. cause yeah, no one's ever followed through on what they "creatively express" in writing. i'd have to say i'm a little worried that this many people think it's wrong to punish someone for writing about killing people.  if i found some poem written by a kid at my school like that, i'd be scared as hell.
average_shooter

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 02:02:17 am »

Would you rather the person expressed themself by acting violently, or by putting words on paper?  Personally, I would rather see the latter, and hopefully whatever is causing the frustration can be dealt with peacefully.  Frankly, if you think that people should be punished for expressing thoughts and emotions, you're on the wrong forum.  If people are not allowed to peacefully express their frustrations, then some may simply resort to violence as a primary means of expression.
sandm000

Brian

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 07:47:04 am »

If he had named names in his poetry (describing exactly who he had wanted to kill, and in what manner) I think then his school psychologist might have a session or two with him to see if the poem constitiuted an actual threat.  Whereas what really happened was some panicky teacher ran to the principal (or more likely assistant vice principal) and they got the FBI to detain the kid. Don't you think they overreacted just a bit?

A government is not legitimate merely because it exists. 
-Jeane J. Kirkpatrick

The government's War on Poverty has transformed poverty from a short-term misfortune into a career choice.-Harry Browne

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work.-Milton Friedman
lordpoee

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 09:55:16 am »

We need to get some dollars together and help this kid appeal:

The poem was a form of expressive writing.
It was not SENT to eny person.
It was FOUND.

It is NOT a threat in any since of the word.

Certainly the poem is a cry for help froma teenager going through EXACTLY what I went through, up until my senior year I often fantizised about walking through my school with a shotgun blasting every jock that ever picked on me and all the girls seeing what a hero I was.

Abnormal? Of course not, In my mind I put myself into a place where I was more confident: Never acted on it.

Hate to say it: But there are millions of kids who do exactly the same thing: They are 100% Normal.

However they STILL need GUIDANCE, not JAIL.

How much does a good appeal lawyer go for? Lets get somebody to go talk to this kid so he is aware he has not commited a crime, he has only been made to think he has.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 07:32:12 pm by lordpoee » Logged

john_wiltbank

The Lone Llama!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 07:27:37 pm »

Not right that they punished him? yeah...its definitely a bad idea to look into things when people right notes/poems about killing people...hmm. cause yeah, no one's ever followed through on what they "creatively express" in writing. i'd have to say i'm a little worried that this many people think it's wrong to punish someone for writing about killing people.  if i found some poem written by a kid at my school like that, i'd be scared as hell.
Interesting.  The most likely explanation for your feelings is that you are a moron.
john_wiltbank

The Lone Llama!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 07:31:20 pm »

If he had named names in his poetry (describing exactly who he had wanted to kill, and in what manner) I think then his school psychologist might have a session or two with him to see if the poem constitiuted an actual threat.  Whereas what really happened was some panicky teacher ran to the principal (or more likely assistant vice principal) and they got the FBI to detain the kid. Don't you think they overreacted just a bit?
Any reaction was an overreaction.  The fact that this man priest666vash was in this horrific concentration camp at all is a shame and a crime.  His sick captors deserve any threats they receive.
sandm000

Brian

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 08:38:40 am »

Holy Shit, could you have found an older thread to try to revive?

Zombie thread is ISO brains.

A government is not legitimate merely because it exists. 
-Jeane J. Kirkpatrick

The government's War on Poverty has transformed poverty from a short-term misfortune into a career choice.-Harry Browne

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work.-Milton Friedman
lordpoee

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 08:44:40 pm »

LOL, I recently revived an ages-old thread myself but only to thank someone.

CurtHowland
FSP Participant

Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 10:30:05 am »

If that is "disorderly conduct", then Edgar Allen Poe and Stephen King are felons!

The insanity known as "public school" continues to amaze and astound me. It was awful when I went through it, and everything I see says it has gotten so very much worse since.

At least I had the luck to have three Heinline-esque "Veterans" as highschool teachers. If I'd had to put up with the kind of touchy-feely assholes that I had in grammar school I honestly think I would not have survived the experience.

But those veterans are gone, the steady march toward the Idiocracy continues.

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/
LiftsBoxes

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 12:57:30 pm »

Wow, you'd think he'd climbed up on a rooftop and sounded a barbaric yawp or something.

"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.
lordpoee

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 11:38:33 pm »

Of course, though this was an old thread, ages old in fact, it does show that forums are good for never allowing injustices to be forgotten.

JKruse

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2014, 08:12:34 am »

I hate my brother Andrew deutsch for think and was going to do he got off way to easy
Pages: 1 [2]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: