Free State Project Forum
270470 Posts in 22074 Topics by 36311 Members / Latest Member: MichaelTit
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 04:20:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  Western New York (Buffalo-Niagara-Rochester)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Western New York (Buffalo-Niagara-Rochester)  (Read 22711 times)
JasonPSorens
Administrator

Neohantonum liberissimum erit.

Western New York (Buffalo-Niagara-Rochester)
« on: July 12, 2005, 08:33:46 pm »

I just got the go-ahead to create a new local group for western NY, seceding from the central NY group. Wink The group is intended to cover the Buffalo, Niagara, and Rochester areas, as well as points southward. If you live in this region, I highly recommend to you our new email list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wnyfsp .

Also, watch this space for an announcement of an August meeting.

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
JasonPSorens
Administrator

Re: Western New York (Buffalo-Niagara-Rochester)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 10:51:09 am »

I'll be helping Keith (NHBound) man a table at the Vans Warped tour in Buffalo on 7/26. (See Western PA thread for more details.) We still need a couple more people, though, so let him or me know if you want to help.

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 10:30:47 am »

I'll be speaking at SUNY-Fredonia at 7:30 PM on October 18th. Contact Aaron Stadler (groovefeeling@hotmail.com) for more info.

JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 10:21:59 am »

Location info:
Tuesday, October 18th
7:30pm
Williams Center
room # S-104
SUNY-Fredonia

Friday

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 08:00:52 pm »

There's a conference taking place at SUNY Buffalo and Amherst on Oct. 27-30, featuring some big-name speakers, including Richard Dawkins.  It's the 25th anniversary celebration of the Council for Secular Humanism, which, while definitely not a libertarian organization, is pro-separation of church and state.  If anyone plans to attend and would like a supply of FSP fliers to place strategically, let me know.  Wink

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/events/csh-2005.html#reg
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 10:15:50 am »

Here's some information I sent out a couple of weeks ago to all Western NY FSP participants & friends. Note the meeting tomorrow:

Dear Western New York Free State Project Participant or Friend:

I'm proud to announce the new Western New York Free State Project local
group! The Free State Project has been growing in this area, with two
recent outreach events. In July, we ran a table at the VANS Warped Tour in
Lake Darien and gave literature to hundreds of concert-goers. This week, I
gave a talk to about 20 students and faculty at SUNY-Fredonia. A speaking
engagement with the Libertarian Party of Monroe County (Rochester) is
also in the works for January.

I'd like to schedule our first get-together for Saturday November 12 at 2
PM at Caffe Aroma, 5229 Main St. in Williamsville (Erie County). We
will meet in the cafe side (not the trattoria). The phone number of the
restaurant is (716) 631-2687. We will discuss how the FSP can benefit
from relationships with other freedom-oriented organizations in the area
and get the latest news from New Hampshire. I hope to see many of you
there! In future, we will switch off meetings between Buffalo, Rochester,
and other locations, if and as popular demand warrants.

Please consider joining our email list, by going here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wnyfsp/

Best,
Jason

RobRolen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 11:10:23 pm »

Hi, this is Rob from Hawaii.  One of my Porqs is now in your state.  Contact me for his info if you want it. 
FreeBoB

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 09:08:02 pm »

New York area Porcupines!

INDEPENDENCE DAY SUMMER BBQ & CAMP OUT 2006!

Ithaca, New York

Libertarians, Free Staters, friends and family!
Celebrate Independence Day
Saturday, July 1, 2006
430 Enfield Center Road E.
Ithaca, New York
2 PM until . . . . . breakfast on 7/2/06!
Camping - Games - Bonfire
BBQ 6:00pm Cheesy
Bring a dish, snack, or beverage to share and a tent or camper if
you're staying overnight.
There's plenty of space. The land is beautiful here with plenty of
mowed space and trails on over 35 acres.
For more information RSVP Christa at (607) 387-9683 or sieringcr@msn.com
FSP contact: Brian Sullivan bsullivan@freestateproject.org

Sponsored by the CNY FSP Local Group and the Ithaca Libertarians
http://ithacalibertarians.org/
Slim
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 09:42:25 pm »

I will be handing out flyers to people attending the Tea Party in Buffalo on July 4th between 12:00 noon and 1:30 pm you can find more details at http://buffalonyteaparty.wordpress.com/

If anyone would like to help hand out flyers please PM me.

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking
Dreepa
First 1000
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 08:43:02 am »

I will be handing out flyers to people attending the Tea Party in Buffalo on July 4th between 12:00 noon and 1:30 pm you can find more details at http://buffalonyteaparty.wordpress.com/

you rock!
Slim
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 09:13:06 am »

you rock!

Well I am being selfish I want to get my own golden porcupine, saving a few more people from the Empire state is just a side benefit.

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 10:18:40 am »

I can help you out! PM'ing my cell #...

saiphes

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 11:11:32 am »

I'm RSVP'd via facebook.
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 07:35:11 pm »

Sorry I missed you Slim... Did run into another Free Stater, though. Brought some flyers of my own but not nearly enough - had to have been 400 people there! Saw some Ron Paul shirts in the audience, overall seemed a decent bunch, maybe 60-40 theo/neocons to libertarian-ish sorts.

Slim
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 07:46:07 pm »

I did not notice any other free staters there, I was not expecting that many people to be at the tea party and had no problem handing out every flyer I had with me. I did try to be a little selective about who I offered flyers to. I targeted younger people, anyone that looked to be 60 or more I did not offer flyers to but a few asked for them and I gave them one.

Pages: [1] 2 3  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: