Free State Project Forum
271427 Posts in 22261 Topics by 36728 Members / Latest Member: PChance
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 07:06:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  Politics and Philosophy
| |-+  General Political Discussion
| | |-+  Great Screen Saver
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great Screen Saver  (Read 3037 times)
Robert
FSP Participant

Ignore
Great Screen Saver
« on: November 12, 2003, 07:59:03 am »

I came across a really good screen saver, appropriately titled "Philosophy of Liberty" which I want to share with you.  Please right click HERE to download it.

Maybe the moderators would be kind enough to make this a sticky for a few days?

Robert

The oldest political error: Because *everyone* wants something, government must provide it.
If the error is pervasive, the result is a society of totally enslaved people.
If the error is completely uprooted, the result is a society of totally free people.[/glow]
Kelton Baker
Former FSP President
FSP Participant

Freedom is Free, it's tyranny that costs us dearly

Ignore
Re:Great Screen Saver
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 09:24:16 am »

I came across a really good screen saver, appropriately titled "Philosophy of Liberty" which I want to share with you.  Please right click HERE to download it.

Maybe the moderators would be kind enough to make this a sticky for a few days?

Robert
OK, for a few days,   I really like this screen saver, not only because it is so very good, but because back when it first came about, I e-mailed the guys who made it (Ken Schoolland and Kerry Pearson ) and suggested a very minor improvement and they immediately added it.  So I feel a little bit of pride in this production every time I see it.  
I later learned that Ken Schoolland is a relatively famous libertarian author, but he may have made his greatest mark in the world by his 'inspired' ideas for this this amazing flash animation!  

Give me some men who are stout-hearted men Who will fight for the right they adore. Start me with ten, who are stout-hearted men And I'll soon give you ten thousand more...--O. Hammerstein
Blefuscu
FSP Participant

Big Endian Enemy of the State

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 11:08:29 pm »

That is indeed a great screen saver.  I've sent it to several people, and some of them thought it was a bit pedantic, but interesting.  

One person told me it was offensive, but she wouldn't tell me what she objected to.  

"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last Priest" - Denis Diderot
"I like beer and ice cream, and I have other vices too."  - Blefuscu
Garthnak
FSP Participant

Small "L" llamatarian

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 03:33:09 pm »

I sent it to a couple other people, who did also agree it was pedantic.  Then I discovered why - It's meant as an accompaniment to a children's book!

It's called "The Adventures of Jonathan Gullible", and it seems like a Libertarian book for kids.  Kind of interesting.  If you click on the "Multimedia" link, you can get to the flash movie version of that screen saver.

http://www.jonathangullible.com/

You can also see other works of the artist of the movie here:

http://www.luxlucre.com/flash/
mark
FSP Participant

A mute, inglorious Milton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 07:17:49 pm »

I used to hang out in the same cyber-circles as Lux a few years ago, so when I first saw the POL animation I wrote him to see if he might consider doing something like that for the FSP. I suggested Kerry maybe try something like a visual interpetation of Steve Cobb's The First Dimension of Association article to illustrate the value of "hanging together rather than separately". Perhaps if the board can come up with a specific work that will translate effectively to Flash we can see if Kerry has the free time to do it. I might be able to line up the former Creative Director of www.LiquidGeneration.com for flash work as well if Kerry is too busy.
mark
FSP Participant

A mute, inglorious Milton

Ignore
Lux Lucre has died
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 10:21:49 am »

OMG. Kerry died this last weekend.

http://www.webleyweb.com/tle/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 10:24:52 am by mark » Logged
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: