Free State Project Forum
270550 Posts in 22085 Topics by 36318 Members / Latest Member: cokebee51
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 02:01:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP Community
| |-+  Local Groups (Moderator: Power Penguin)
| | |-+  Central NY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Central NY  (Read 37863 times)
Rearden
FSP Participant

We're supposed to be activists, remember?

Ignore
Central NY
« on: March 10, 2004, 02:10:44 am »

Group Leader: Darryl Brundage

Email: dbrundage12 (at) netzero (dot) com

Email List
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 07:47:15 am by bookish_lass » Logged

Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."
FreeBoB

Email
Re:Central NY
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 06:56:45 pm »

The CNY FSP Local Group will be one of 800 vendor tables at the BIG Spring Syracuse Gun Show in April.  Please stop by and say hello to us if you're going to the show!  If you would like to help us out at the table, please contact Brian at ithacafsp@usa.com

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!   Grin

Saturday 4/17/2004 & Sunday 4/18/2004
New York State Arms Collectors Association, Inc.
Spring Syracuse Gun Show
New York State Fairgrounds
Verizon Center of Progress Building
Gun Show info: 607-723-5668 or 315-487-7711
Admission: $6, adult; $5, senior; free, under 12
Hours: Sat, 9am-5pm; Sun, 9am-3pm
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 12:05:51 pm by Brian Sullivan » Logged
J

I'm a llama!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 12:51:03 am »

Group Leader: Brian Sullivan

Email: ithacafsp AT usa.com

Email List

Hey, thanks for starting all of this stuff. I live 5 minutes outside of Syracuse, in the burbs.
FreeBoB

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 08:32:35 pm »

Pic of the CNY FSP table at the Gun Show 4/17/04.  A report after the 2nd day of the Show...  Pic shows Mike, Darrell and Brian.   Grin
FreeBoB

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 08:47:22 pm »

The Gun Show went very well.  We handed out hundreds of brochures and spoke with many, many interested people...a receptive group to be sure.  Many thanks to all the FSP members who staffed our table; Mike, Darrell, Gerry, Scott and Jeff.   Special thanks to Master Craftsman, Darrell for building the banner frame to raise our banner high above our talbe! (see pic above)  We're all looking forward to our next outreach event...
Brian  Grin
FreeBoB

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 09:56:33 am »

Re: COMMENTARY 4/19/04 at ZDNeT--The FBI is trying to convince the government to mandate that providers of broadband, Internet telephony, and instant-messaging services build in backdoors for easy wiretapping

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1107-5194394.html?tag=sas.email

Posted to CNY Yahoo Local Group:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralNY/

This is the kind of GOV intrusion and theft of our freedom that will bring this country down.  It does serve, however, to impassion me to work hard to make the FSP happen and get my ass to NH ASAP...  What can we CNY FSP members DO, here and now, to further the FSP mission of reaching 20,000 members?  How can we reach out to our fed up neighbors to let them know about the FSP?  To introduce them to the option of getting the hell out of NY and living in the Free State?

The Gun Show was an excellent example of what we can do.  How else can we talk to, and put our brochures directly into the hands of 600 sympathetic citizens?  I've been doing whatever I can to promote freedom and liberty for many, many years and I have little or nothing to show for it!  I really feel that the FSP has the best chance of making a real difference in our country and maybe more importantly, in our lives directly.  This is something worthwhile of our energy and our money.  Voting for Russo, Badnarik or Nolan for President, or donating money to Cato is still worthwhile, but I really feel that I could live the rest of my life doing these things and see no real changes in my life or the lives of the rest of us.

The FSP offers a real hope, finally, of making a HUGE impact on this country and on our lives.  Let's work locally to make it happen!  How can we grow our CNY membership?  Ideas?

Committed to growing liberty,
Brian Sullivan

Gerry LaVallee
FSP Participant

Hunting, camping, or both.......too many choices

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 07:41:10 pm »

I just wanted to say it was great, being at the gunshow and talking with folks about the Free State Project  and getting to meet others involved with the FSP. I enjoyed every minute of talking freedom and liberty, I can hardly wait till we will be ready to make the move.

On another note, I was also able to pick up a new rifle there, now my wife can shoot her own at the range and not monopolize mine!

We will also be looking forward to meeting more people at the Rogers Campground gathering. Things are getting exciting.

gerrbear

I work, because millions on welfare depend on me.
sandm000

Brian

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 02:18:23 pm »

I just wanted to say hello to everyone from down here in White Plains.  And so all you CNY folks know the manhattanites all call this Upstate HaHa.  I moved down here from Syracuse a couple of months ago, and saw an announcement for a get together in NYC. I went and someone suggested I get into the forums here. Since I didn't meet any of you "Upstate" folks while I was living up there I'd like to say Hi now.

A government is not legitimate merely because it exists. 
-Jeane J. Kirkpatrick

The government's War on Poverty has transformed poverty from a short-term misfortune into a career choice.-Harry Browne

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work.-Milton Friedman
FreeBoB

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 07:16:17 pm »

Greetings sandm000 -
Our CNY local group is just a few month old - sorry we missed you.  We are planning a Summer BBQ that you might consider...date and place tba.  
Brian
zepper

Act libertarian!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 01:17:58 am »

Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in...
Thanks,
new lurker in Finger Lakes area.

Grin
FreeBoB

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 09:48:50 am »

Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in...
Thanks,
new lurker in Finger Lakes area.

Grin

Zepper -
I am pleased to say that your condition has greatly improved since finding the FSP.   Here is your course of treatment:

- join the CNY Yahoo email group for more contact with your local FSP neighbors here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralNY/join
  - email Brian, the CNY Local Group leader, and exchange phone numbers so he can answer any questions you may have about why other New Yorkers are fleeing to NH: bsullivan@freestateproject.org
  - keep reading the website and forum
  - watch your sales receipts for that 8.25% NY sales tax
  - watch your property tax bills or your rent bills
  - watch your NY State Income tax bill on your paycheck
  - watch out for Hillary and her crew as your freedoms are taken away and government grows

Please follow this prescription carefully, choose to join the FSP and move to NH, and you'll be fine...

Dr. Brian Sullivan (Brian is not a doctor, but he plays one on the forum)   Cheesy

FreeBoB

Email
Central NY BBQ & Campout
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 10:35:04 pm »

CENTRAL NY FSP-LIBERTARIAN BBQ & CAMPOUT   AUGUST 28, 2004 MAP & EVENT UPDATE!

There's plenty of space, so if you're thinking of coming at the 'last minute', please do.  It is not necessary to RSVP now, though shoot me an email Friday night if you're coming!  Bring you friends...   Grin

There is an indoor space - a "yurt", and a nearby house in case of real rain, though it looks fine. Grin

Pic of the site: http://ny.lp.org/chenango/2004_aug28.htm  (the text accompanying this picture has been updated below!)

Jason Sorens, Amanda Phillips a French National TV news crew and at least 30 other 'important people'  Grin (us) are now scheduled to attend.   Grin  Smiley  

Please join in with this growing group of your FSP and l/Libertarian friends for this end of Summer, and end of NYLP ballot petitioning get-together, on land that has been called, "the world's most beautiful property".  Bonnie says, "I have 19 acres in Chenango Cty. It's just off of route 12 in Sherburne, about halfway between Binghamton and Utica. It's a gorgeous site, and people could camp, splash in the brook, have a campfire, whatever."

So far, we've got approximately 35 people coming in from NYC, NJ, MA, CT, PA, France, Ithaca, Trumansburg, New Paultz, Binghamton, Syracuse, Rochester, and Albany among others!  Join us...  If you're interested in carpooling, let me know or post info below.

Bring camping gear, tent, camper or an RV.  There are motels not far from the site if you prefer.  Bring drinks, drinking water (1/2 gallon per day is recommended) and food for the time you'll be there.  Bring clean dry clothes, and warm clothes for the evening.  Also bring a pot luck dish or meat and reusable dishes, plates and utensils for the Saturday BBQ meal 8/28/04.  A portapotty will be available.  A keg of beer will be obtained for those interested.  Bringing acoustic musical instruments has been suggested.  We're probably going to need a couple of BBQ grills.  If you have one and can conveniently bring it, please do so!

If you are coming and have a video camera, please let me know.  

Saturday 8/28  Late afternoon greetings from Amanda, Jason and Don Silberger, US Senate candidate - NYLP.  A French National TV crew will be there to talk to us and tape for broadcast.  How's your French?  5:00pm BBQ & potluck meal...  Campfire to follow.  Come early in the day and enjoy.  We've been invited to arrive days early and stay late to campout, anytime from 8/27 to 8/30.

We'll have a "ZIPPY FOR GOVERNOR" sign up and you'll see some cars there.  
Reserve the date(s) and please RSVP to Brian if you're coming or if you have questions:  bsullivan@freestateproject.org

It's party time.........
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 08:03:55 pm by Brian Sullivan » Logged
Pat K
First 1000
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 12:17:02 am »

I hope everyone has a blast. Would have loved to go but I'M working and MOM is coming up from Flowda  for a visit. Drink some beer for me.

"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning
FreeBoB

Email
Central NY BBQ Thanks
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 10:23:26 am »

And a great time was had by all!  Grin

Special thanks go out to Amanda for driving in from MA after the probability of local thunderstorms cancelled her flight with Jason at the last minute.  Sad  She is so dedicated to our mission - may the historians note her fortitude!    Cool  (Brian places award around Amanda's neck here to big applause...)

The midday rain lasted less than an hour, the skies then cleared and we were all pleased to see wonderful weather all day and night.  Indeed, Bonnie's land is beautiful and we thank her for hosting and allowing us to gather there!  
The French TV reporter and her cameraman were there and talked to many of the folks in attendance after driving in from NH, where they spoke to Porcs up there too.  We look forward to their story...

There were more LP members than Porcs there, so 'outreach' was key as we had planned.  Many of those people in attendance had never been to an event with so many libertarians present.  Yeah!  Mission accomplished.   Cool

At breakfast, we talked about how to make next year's CNY event even bigger.
Thank you to all who helped to make the event a success - Bonnie, Christa, Carl, Amanda, Bonnie's neighbor for mowing her field, Bob and all who joined us!

Brian Sullivan
FreeBoB

Email
Next for Central NY
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2004, 08:37:44 pm »

Calling all Free Staters in Central NY   Shocked

The 10th Annual NY State Harvest Festival & Freedom Fair / Political Rally  October 8 - 11th

http://www.nystatecan.org/pages/3/index.htm

This looks like a great event for a CNY FSP 'vendor' table and speaker!  Check out the music, speakers, sponsors and location.    Grin   A music festival that promotes re-legalization, that is also a libertarian-friendly freedom fair and political rally!  What a combination.

The event is dedicated to three people, including the late "Freedom Fighter Ron Crickenberger" of the LP. Don Silberger, LP US Seaate candidate is one of the political speakers too.  And there's reggae.   Cool   Look where it is being held!  http://www.mooseriverpark.com/index.php

Please email me immediately if you want to go.

Brian  
bsullivan@freestateproject.org

« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 08:44:50 pm by Brian Sullivan » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: