Free State Project Forum
271026 Posts in 22157 Topics by 36480 Members / Latest Member: akhilesh
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 07:12:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  FSP -- Recruiting and Publicity
| |-+  FSP Recruiting (Moderators: Steve, 1DayAtATime)
| | |-+  Support Randall's Walk to NH!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Support Randall's Walk to NH!  (Read 17392 times)
Amanda
former FSP President

Ignore
Support Randall's Walk to NH!
« on: May 22, 2004, 08:09:37 pm »

Randall is leaving tomorrow on his trek from KY to NH. Please support Randall's walk by sending donations via paypal to his grandmother's paypal account at wolf8765@bellsouth.net.

Randall has already received some generous donations, but he will need money for food, shoes, and lodging in those areas where we couldn't find a Porcupine to host him. He is bringing camping gear just in case, but... your donations will help keep Randall from camping in the streets. Smiley

I talked to Randall tonight to wish him well on his trip. He leaves tomorrow, and (though he could use some more cash) he has everything under control. I told him he could call me if he needs *anything* ... that the organization is (of course) behind him and cheering for him.

And Lisa & Kat have found some more people in WV to help him out. (Thanks, ladies!)

I'm going to help coordinate media for Randall, and he's going to stay in touch with both Paul and me along the route. We're issuing a press release on Monday, and will hammer the media outlets along his route. As Media Rep, my name's on the press release, so when/if the media call me I'll be able to tell them approximately where he is and how to contact him.

We'll post the press release on the main website on Monday. If anyone would like to help drum up publicity for Randall, please send the press release to any media contacts you might have.

So that's about it... three cheers for Randall. It will be fun following this journey. I look forward to walking the final leg of the trip with him.

Randall's quote for the press release: "Whether I make it or not... you can stop the rebel, but you can't stop the rebellion."

"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom
RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
Re:Support Randall's Walk to NH!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 11:22:43 pm »

Sent to a TV station in WV on his route:
(Copy this, customize and re-use as needed)

Dear folks at WOWK:

Got some news coming through WV I thought you might not want to miss...

A man from KY is "walking to New Hampshire for freedom," and he's coming through your state.  I don't know precisely when he reaches WV, though.

Basically he's trying to draw attention to what he considers the lack of freedom in most states.  He's doing it by walking all the way to New Hampshire, the freest state left.

Here's WAVE-TV's article on it:

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=1880914&nav=0RZFNGCA

To contact the intrepid pedestrian's PR types, head to:

http://www.freestateproject.org/about/for_the_press.jsp

Don't let WCHS be the first ones to cover this!

Thanks,

Dada Orwell
"49 Slave States, 1 New Hapmshire"
www.FreeMe.org
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 12:06:05 am by Dada Orwell » Logged

The Revolution is now Televised
http://RidleyReport.com
Amanda
former FSP President

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 10:43:13 am »

Cool, thanks!

We will have Monday's press release up on the web shortly, so y'all are more than welcome to send the press release out.

He has eight days through West Virginia, so we have some time to play with. Smiley

"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom
1DayAtATime
First 1000
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die!

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 01:31:13 pm »

Randall is leaving tomorrow on his trek from KY to NH. Please support Randall's walk by sending donations via paypal to his grandmother's paypal account at wolf8765@bellsouth.net.

I have never made a paypal donation and so I am a little confused.  All you gave was an email.  

Before we were told we could give money via,
"You can either donate through my paypal account
(https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=paultrip%
40cox.net&item_name=Randall+%22Ghostcow%22+Wolfe%
27s+walk&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US)
or mail a donation to Ghostcow at 405 Beatty Ave, Corbin, KY, 40701. "

Ghostcow is not at his house anymore so there is no point in sending money there.

Is there anyway we can give money so that he will be able to use it while he is on his walking trip?  If so, please explain.  I would like to give but I am confused on these points.  Thanks.

(AP: I edited the link because someone complained about the long link making the page too wide...)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 12:56:47 pm by Amanda Phillips » Logged

Please do not take anything I say as 100% accurate or as an official opinion of the FSP.

Haven't joined the Free State Project yet? Join now! http://freestateproject.org/fsn10
Looking for resources on where to live and how to find a job in NH? http://freestateproject.org/resources
bookish_lass

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 03:20:57 pm »

Donations can be sent to Randall's grandmother, who is going to get the money to him.  Her email address is:

wolf8765@bellsouth.net

When you send money via Paypal, all you need is the email address.  Just got to www.paypal.com and click on Send Money.  I think you need to sign up for a Paypal account first, which is relatively easy but takes more than one day.  They even pay you a few cents for it Smiley

Thanks for helping him!  I'm so glad to see people backing him up, when he's doing so much to get us publicity.  WALKING to New Hampshire...can you imagine??

You rock!
Kat
Amanda
former FSP President

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 07:31:06 pm »

Hi there,

The press release is here: http://www.freestateproject.org/news/releases/Randall.jsp -- we'll issue more press releases when he reaches various places on his journey. PLEASE refer folks to this press release and NOT to the articles on the web that reference Randall experimenting with pot at an early age. Thanks!

Kat, thanks for clarifying the paypal process for yesto.

Also, we can probably send snail mail checks to Keith in Baltiomore. I'm waiting for Keith to give me an OK before I post his mailing address on the forum.

Thanks to everyone for supporting Randall! At last report, he was tired, but in good spirits, still walking through Kentucky.

FTL_Ian
FSP Participant/First 1000
Golden Porcupine

Peaceful Evolution

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 08:15:17 pm »

Any way we can get some sort of progress update on the FSP main page?

Regards,
Ian

150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Amanda
former FSP President

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 05:33:03 am »

Um, yeah... he's still in Kentucky. I was planning on updating when something *changed*, like when he makes it to West Virginia. Smiley

bookish_lass

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 11:32:33 am »

Has anyone seen the press release from yesterday showing up in local papers?

Amanda
former FSP President

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 12:54:53 pm »

I've had a couple of phone calls from reporters in WV!

Amanda
former FSP President

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 01:47:12 pm »

If anyone would like to donate by buying Randall some minutes on his cell phone, you can do so here:
https://www.tracfone.com/purchase_airtime.jsp?task=buyairtime&fromPopup=false

The ESN/IMEI is 03800173602.

He'll need cell phone minutes to talk to any reporters I might send ini his direction. Smiley

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 01:58:55 pm by Amanda Phillips » Logged

JonM
First 1000
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 02:40:50 pm »

It might be better to have someone pool donations together and buy him chunks of minutes, rather than everyone just buying him smaller cards.

Looking at that page, once he's outside his local area he's roaming.  That will take 2 units of airtime for every minute he talks.  At the $20 renewal card, that's $1 a minute.  At the $80 renewal card it's $0.40 a minute.

If we got him the 1 year service card for $150 (if he didn't get that already, that would be a good thing to know), that comes with 300 minutes and doubles the value of each future purchased minute, so his roaming calls would drop to $0.20 a minute for the $80 renewal card.

I'd be willing to put in $25 to start.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 02:41:43 pm by JonM » Logged
PattyE
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 03:36:34 pm »

I was planning on sending a donation to support Randall's walk anyway, and as JonM pointed out, the 1 year prepaid phone card is definitely the best deal.  And I don't think Randall will have any problem using up the minutes!  So, count me in for a $25.00 donation also.

Amanda
former FSP President

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 04:15:36 pm »

I couldn't post this before because I wanted to make sure it was OK to post Keith's address here on the forum...

If you'd like to donate to Randall's walk via snail mail check, send a check (payable to Keith Murphy) to:
Keith Murphy
2909 Fallstaff Rd #43
Baltimore, MD 21209

Randall will be at Keith's place somewhere around 6/9. We're asking that you make the checks payable to Keith (instead of Randall) because Patriot Act silliness will prevent Randall from cashing any checks made out to him unless his bank actually has a branch in Baltimore.

If you're sending a check for Randall's walk after 6/9, send it to me (payable to me) at:
Amanda Phillips
7 Winnmere Ave
Burlington, MA 01803
Internet stalkers take note: I'm a peace & love kind of person, but I'm also a great shot with my sig p229 and I won't hesitate to defend my family. (Sorry everyone, but I won't post my address publicly without that Public Service Announcement.)

Jon & Patty, thanks for pledging the $$ for the phone minutes!! If we can get a few more donations like yours, we'll be in business!

PattyE
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 05:01:24 pm »

Nike Sneakers - $75.00

Camping Tent - $119.00

Meals/snacks - $150.00

One-month leave of absence from job at Taco Bell - $1,250 (? just a guess…)

300-minute phone card for emergencies and moral support - $150.00

Donations towards the 300 minute phone card from fellow FSP members who are sitting in the comfort of their homes reading about GhostCow’s walk to NH from KY – PRICELESS!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: