Free State Project Forum
271010 Posts in 22156 Topics by 36477 Members / Latest Member: AlwanBurl
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 01:00:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  New Hampshire -- The "Live Free or Die" State
| |-+  NH Publicity
| | |-+  Be the media in New Hampshire
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: Be the media in New Hampshire  (Read 6286 times)
RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
Be the media in New Hampshire
« on: November 07, 2004, 07:47:58 pm »

Note from 11/29:  the article below is now available in formatted form (much more user friendly) at:

http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=8

Use it anytime you need to quickly find info on NH talk radio, web forums or newspapers.

Hi guys!  

Below is the media articla as of 11/7/04

This is a draft of another essay I'm about to turn in for publication on the main site.   It needs tweaking but why keep it to myself in the meantime?   Also any suggestions welcome.

--

How *you* can be the media in New Hampshire

Authoritarian bias affects the press just about everywhere, even in New Hampshire.   Fortunately, there is a lot you can do about it on an individual basis.  I'm going to focus on three easy ways you as a New Hampshire resident can liberate a few square inches or minutes of the local media each week.  Then I'll give you the contact information you need to get started.

The easiest ways an average person can briefly "become the media" are:

1) Calls/e-mails to NH talk radio
2) Letters to NH papers
3) Participation in NH-centric Web forums

I've been doing all three of these for the last few months; here's what I've learned about where to go and what to do.

CALLS/E-MAILS TO NH TALK RADIO

This is fast becoming my favorite method of "being the media."  

Advantages: It's easy and quick. Usually it doesn't take long to get on the air because of our low population and decent number of local talk shows. On average it's around 15 minutes from the time I pick up the phone to the time I get on, though occasionally I have to dial a few times.  There's no mystery as to whether you "got published," no need to track a website or newspaper to determine whether you're being ignored. You're "done in one."

Talk radio types are also more friendly to us than print folks, because they love to bounce provocative ideas around. I call at least two shows which are hosted by liberals (Arnie Arneson and Dan Mitchell). You can usually hear shock in their voice when you present a liberty-friendly idea, but they still love the give and take. There's also more anonymity than LTE's offer.

DISADVANTAGES

Virtually all NH talk radio shows are on in the morning or afternoon; not much after 6PM.  So nighttime participation is not really an option. Depending on where you are in the state you may need to listen via Internet; a lot of the shows are short range. Others will not even be accessible to you over the Net.  But there are ways around these problems; see the "tips" section below.   Sometimes the host will challenge you, which can be a disadvantage if you're not prepared.  A lot of local NH talk radio is actually liberal if you can believe that!  But at least you will not just be preaching to the converted. See show notes for details on each host's bias.

TIPS

It's usually better to react to a show than call with some brand new topic, but some shows encourage serendipity and are cool with callers who can't hear the show (see list below). I don't usually try to identify myself as a Free Stater when I call, but I do try to make sure they know where I live in NH. I usually just listen until someone says something that I think might benefit from a freedom-friendly perspective. Then I call 'em and lay it out. If possible I talk up one of the state's liberty-oriented politicians or causes, especially the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. I like to give out their URL, nhliberty.org and let folks know about their ratings for NH state politicians.  If they have or mention a state politican on the show, I'll look up her rating and call to thank or chastise her for it.  Usually I prefer to talk up a solution rather than attack a problem.

Some shows give you the option of leaving quick voice messages which they play back on the air...this is great for those of us who can't always participate during the daytime. I like leaving poems, which I compose to a recorder during my commute. Again, see the list below for details as to where you can do this.

Though Boston talk radio does reach southern NH, I've found it's not a very efficient medium for reaching them.  It takes too long to get through.  So for the most part I'm not listing Boston shows.

Station: WKXL 1450 AM (Concord and Central NH)
http://www.wkxl1450.com/

Shows on this station:

6:00 AM - 9:00 AM: New Hampshire Weekdays; call 603.224.1450
Live streaming? Yes
Reads e-mails on the air? Unknown
Instant Message option? Unknown
OK to call if you can't hear the show?  Unknown
OK to bring up brand new topics?  Unknown
Show notes: I am not familiar with this show.
Screener? Unknown

12PM - 3PM weekdays: Arnie Arnesen - 603.224.1450
Live streaming? Yes, but as of 10/04 the server tends to overflow with listeners during her show
Reads e-mails on the air? She accepts them but I don't hear her read them very often
Plays voice mails on the air? Not that I know of
Screener? I think no
Show notes: Arnie is an immigrant to NH from some other state but is an institution here. She's fairly liberal but friendly. Big Benson opponent but not necessarily pro tax. She may read some e-mails on the air; you can e-mail her from her website: arniearnesen.com

3:00PM - 7:00PM M-F Howie Carr weekdays? (Boston based, simulcasts on WKXL): (1-877-HOWIE-CARR) Email Howie Carr
On air weekdays 3:00 - 7:00pm         877-HOWIE CARR
howiecarr@wrko.com website- http://www.howiecarr.org/
Live streaming? Unsure
Reads e-mails on the air? Not that I've ever heard
Plays voice mails on the air? Yes - call the chump line any time at 617.779.3469; they play their messages back every weekday at 5:10PM EST. Great oppty. to recruit Bostonites! They play a ton of voicemails but I"m not yet sure whether they will play NH-related voicemails.  
Screener? I think so
OK to call if you can't hear the show?  Probably not.  
Show notes: This is a simulcast of a show out of Boston.  It's very popular so you will not get on the air every time you call...but you will be heard across southern NH I believe. Howie is a conservative and mostly focused on national stuff; but sometimes he does controversial exposes on local politicians.  Mainly I'm just listing him because of the voice mail option....but I don't yet have confirmation that he's using my voice mails.  The show is really not focused on NH or really even that much on New England.  

WNTK (Northern/North-Central NH) WNTK 1020 AM and 99.7 FM
http://www.wntk.com/

6AM - 10AM weekdays: Morning Liftoff - George, Hilary & Pete: 603-526-9464
Live streaming? Yes
Plays voice mails on the air? Unknown
Screener? I don't think so
OK to call if you can't hear the show?
Show notes: Don't know much, the one time I listened they had a state senator on. I looked up his ranking at www.nhliberty.org/research.htm and found out he only has a 20% pro-liberty rating. So called to ask who his opponent was so I could support that guy instead!  

3:00PM - 6:00PM M-F Howie Carr weekdays ?

12PM - 3PM: Arnie Arnesen simulcast: (this show is based out of WKXL in Concord) 603.224.1450
Live streaming on WNTK? Yes, WKXL also
Show notes: see entry under WKXL above

NH Public Radio (Statewide, various frequencies)
http://nhpr.org
89.1, Concord, WEVO
90.3, Nashua, WEVO
90.7, Keene, WEVN
91.3, Littleton, WEVO
91.3, Hanover, WEVH
99.5, Jackson, WEVJ
104.3, Dover, WEVO
107.1, Berlin, WEVC

9AM-10AM Eastern time M-F: The Exchange with Laura Knoy (say kuh-NOY). 800-892-6477 or 603-224-8989
http://nhpr.org/static/programs/exchange/exchange_about.php
Live streaming? I don't think so
Plays voice mails on the air? Probably not
Screener? Yes: they'll ask for your first name, location and comment summary.
OK to call if you can't hear the show?  Not sure.
Show notes:   This is the toughest show to get on the air with as a caller, mostly because Laura likes to ask a lot of softball questions herself.  Though they seem to lack streaming, her show The Exchange is archived. It's also rebroadcast nightly at 8PM EST. It gets a LOT of listeners compared to the other NH shows on this list, because of its statewide broadcast.  Call fairly early in the show to avoid having it end before you can get on the air.  Expect to be on hold half an hour.  Host is friendly and seems more of a moderator than an ideologue. The show is a little eggheadish and intellectual compared to AM talk radio, but it's a good show.

Station: WKBK 1290AM (Keene and Western NH)
http://www.wkbk1220.com
No live streaming. 1220 is a sister station that plays oldies, the one you want is 1290

Shows on this station:

9AM-11:30 AM M-F: Open Mic w/ Dan Mitchell: : 603-357-1290: dan@wkbk1220.com
Live streaming? Yes
Reads e-mails on the air? I think so
Screener? No
Show notes: Dan is liberal but friendly. Doesn't seem to get a ton of calls or e-mails. He will challenge you and debate you if you have a claim usually and will let the debate go on for 5 minutes or so sometimes. Be ready to backup your position but don't be afraid to call.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 08:04:50 pm by Dada Orwell » Logged

The Revolution is now Televised
http://RidleyReport.com
RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
Re:Be the media in New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 07:50:08 pm »

3:00PM - 6:00PM M-F Howie Carr Show (see above entry under WKXL)

5:00AM- 9:00AM Saturday, 5a-8a Sunday: Al Kulas: Morning News & Talk: Sat: 603-357-1290
Live streaming? No
Accepts calls? Yes
Screener? No.
Show notes: This is the only one of the talk show hosts I've actually met; he's a conservative and a veteran. Friendly, openminded.
Big Bush supporter but seems to have his reservations. You don't have to be listening to the show or on topic...at least not on Saturday. He calls it "Serendipitous Saturday" and encourages listeners to call in about whatever's on their mind at the moment. I often call even when I can't hear the show.

9:00AM - 11:00AM Sat: Talk Back with Tim & Cynthia: Sat: 603-357-1290
Live streaming? No
Accepts calls? Yes
Reads e-mails on the air? Unknown -
Screener? Unknown
Show notes: I'm not yet familiar with this show

WLMW 90.7 FM in Amherst NH (South-central part of state)
6PM-8PM Thursdays - Taxpayer Radio: 603.672.0573, www.cnht.org, webmaster@cnht.org
Live streaming? Yes: www.cnht.org
Accepts calls? Not exactly, you can call but can't really get on the air directly for technical reasons.
Reads e-mails on the air? Yes, virtually every email you send will get read
Instant Message option? Yes: CNHT RADIO on AOL, AIM, iCHAT, YIM
Screener? N/A
Plays voice mails on the air? Not sure...I've never seen them do it but they might be open to it
Show notes: This is the show run by the Coalition of New Hampshire Taxpayers, which loves the FSP. Jane, AKA BedfordCSE from the FSP web forums, runs their e-mail and web setup. Ed Naile, speaker at the 2004 Liberty Dinner, is the primary host. They don't have that many listeners; 90.7 doesn't reach very far. So they need more participation.

Station: WGIR (Various NH locations) - 610AM Manchester
URL:  http://www.wgiram.com/main.html -
Station notes:  I think this station simulcasts to other stations, but I'm pretty sure you can't hear it easily in southwestern NH.  However you can the Manchester 610 signal in Bostonl;  just a little scratchy.

Shows on this station:
3p-6p (approx) M-F,  8AM-10AM Sat (approx): Against the Grain with Gardner Goldsmith, 877 313 8255  
Live streaming? Not that I can find
Accepts calls? Yes
Reads e-mails on the air?  Unknown
Screener? Yes, usually producer Jason Richardson
Show notes:   This is a clearly libertarian show based in Manchester.   It is extremely high quality, far better than Bortz.  The host is very bright and funny and does creative audio production.  I've only heard the show a couple times as of 10/04,  but called in and thanked him for what he's doing, told him about nhliberty.org and their liberty rankings for NH politicians.   I think he would make a bigger blow for freedom if he concentrated more on state and local politics though.

~7AM -  ~9AM Weekdays unknown local show

Below are some more NH talk stations about which I have little information, but at least now you know they exist:   Some of them may simulcast WGIR.

WEMJ      1490 AM   Laconia  News/Talk
WGIN      930 AM  Rochester  News/Talk      
WGIP     1540 AM  Exeter     News/Talk    
WLTN      1400 AM  Littleton News/Talk
WNTK      1020 AM   Newport Talk      
WNTK     99.7 FM      New London Talk
WOTW  900 AM  Nashua Talk
WTPL      107.7 FM  Hillsboro  News/Talk      
WTSL     1400 AM  Hanover News/Talk    
WTSN     1270 AM  Dover     News/Talk

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Fun to write and rewarding to see in print...LTE's give you a chance to liberate a few square inches of your local paper, or even a paper on the other side of the state.

Advantages: LTE's directly remind local print journalists that the traditional New Hampshire philosophy of limited government is alive and well. That probably weighs into their thinking a bit when they write future stories and op-eds. LTE's also reach out directly to voters if they get published. They can be written at leisure and fine tuned rather than presented on the fly.  And there are a lot of papers to pick from here.

Disadvantages: You can't write LTE's to your local paper that often. Most papers limit you to one published letter every month (see list below for details). It can also be a pain to keep track of how well your bullets are hitting the target. Some of New Hampshire's papers either don't publish LTE's online or, if they do, will require a subscription to view them. So if you're writing a paper you don't subscribe to and read every day, it's hard to figure out which letters got used. There is also some indication that some of the papers are not eager to publish conservative or libertarian LTE's. My best guess is that about 2/3rds of mine have been published, but that's almost speculation since it's so hard to track.

Tips: Each paper has different rules and parameters regarding how long a letter can be, how many of yours they will publish each month, etc. Try to know these before you submit a letter; I've summarized below the rules I'm aware of for each paper. Some of the length requirements are pretty stringent...200 words is only about 8 lines of typewritten text!
If your letter is only going to one paper, make clear to them in your preamble that you wrote it exclusively for them. Ideally you should be responding to something that they published rather than starting from scratch. Supporting something good is better than attacking something bad. Railing against authoritarian individuals or organizations is not necessarily a bad thing, but it gives them free publicity at your expense. Supporting a liberty-friendly cause or person does the same to your benefit.

If you're weighing in on a state issue you can write any paper in the state, but as a rule it's best not to weigh in on a local issue unless you're one of the locals. An exception would be if you're addressing the manner in which that local issue affects other parts of the state.  I don't know if it's required but I usually tack on a sentence before or after the LTE that informs the paper they have my permission to print it without contacting me.

Claire Wolfe suggests writing a "poem to editor." I like this idea and will probably start doing it.

It's helpful to give out short URL's of liberty-friendly organizations: nhliberty.org for instance. Also I like to mention when and where our next monthly meeting is going to be...you can find this information at http://www.freestateproject.org/community/welcomewagon

To see some of the letters I've written or helped write, click here: http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=44;action=display;threadid=8115.

List of New Hampshire papers that accept LTE's:

Concord Monitor
Maximum allowed length of letter: Not sure, but it looks like they are favoring the very short submissions of around 150 words...the longest I've seen this week is 300 words...so try keeping it down to 200.
Maximum frequency of publication: Not sure, but most papers will only publish one letter per month from the same person.
How to submit: Use their e-mail form at http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?Url=/forms/opinion/letter_to_editor.pbs
Information they require:
General comments: Government town, liberal paper, not enamored with libertarians.  Readers in that area tend to be more authoritarian. But so far I don't know of any reason not to send letters here.

Nashua Telegraph
Maximum allowed length of letter: No hard and fast policy; I've seen letters over 300 words here, but shorter is generally better.
Maximum frequency of publication: They prefer to limit to once a month per person but I don't think it's a hard and fast policy.
How to submit letter:
Information they require: Use their e-mail form at http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=opinion
General comments: From their website: "The Telegraph welcomes letters from its readers that are exclusive to this newspaper. To speed publication, writers should keep their letters brief. Although the paper does not publish phone numbers or street addresses (unless specifically requested), that information must be included with letters for verification purposes." Nashua itself is fairly libertarian, if their state reps are any indication. So your audience will probably reflect that to some extent.

Manchester Union Leader
Maximum allowed length of letter: 200 words
Maximum frequency of publication: One letter every 2 weeks per writer
How to submit: e-mail letters@theunionleader.com
General comments: Don't send attachments, be sure to address it to "Publisher" or "Editor." Include your name and address, both will be published. Submit telephone number for verification (that part will not be published). This paper tends to be conservative and friendly to most liberty-oriented causes including the Free State Project itself. So your audience will probably reflect this.

RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 07:50:40 pm »

Portsmouth Herald
Maximum allowed length of letter:
Maximum frequency of publication: Unknown, but most papers seem to have a limit of once a month.
How to submit: email opinion@seacoastonline.com
General comments and instructions: Liberal area, liberal paper.  The Herald is somehow associated with Exeter and Dover papers, I think; I'm not sure whether they will allow you to have an LTE published in all three during the same month.

Laconia Citizen
Maximum allowed length of letter: Unknown, but this week one letter was almost 400 words.
Max frequency of publication: Unknown; best to assume one a month
How to submit letter: e-mail news@citizen.com ; I assume you need to leave your snail mail addie & your phone number
General comments and instructions: Northernmost of the major NH papers, I think.

Keene Sentinel
Maximum allowed length of letter: Unknown, but I've seen letters up to 500 words there.
Max frequency of publication: Once a month
How to submit letter: Use their online submission page at http://keenesentinel.com/FormLayout.asp?formcall=lettertoeditor
General comments and instructions: Liberal paper, liberal city. Rural areas surrounding are conservative/libertarian. I've experienced delays of a week or two during this election cycle before I get printed, but usually they do print me. Independently owned paper.

Peterborough
Maximum allowed length of letter:
Max frequency of publication:
How to submit letter:
General comments and instructions:

PARTICIPATION IN NH-CENTRIC WEB FORUMS

Just as Talk Radio helped conservatives "become the media" in the 90s, web forums can help us do the same in this decade, in this state.
Advantages: This is the quickest yet least time-sensitive way to be the media. When you participate in forums around the Net you can post a piece of news months after it's happened or respond to a post that is years old. You have immediacy and are usually guaranteed to get "published."
Unlike radio and print, the links you post do not require the reader to type anything, they just point and click and end up where you want them to be. Also unlike other media, it's easy to start a topic from scratch on web forums. You don't have to be responding to anything; you can set your own agenda.
You can usually track with relative ease the number of times your threads have been viewed, and you can have continuing give-and-take communication with your readers. You can keep coming back to the discussion and play sales rep for your idea.

Disadvantages: Usually not that many people will see your post; dozens on average.

Tips:  If you can, tack on a signature that links to your favorite NH freedom group. Mine usually says
Is Your State Rep a Tax Nazi? Find out!
www.nhliberty.org/research.htm
It's important not to preach, not to alienate and not to be too negative.
Again, supporting a solution or a fellow freedom lover is better than attacking a problem or an authoritarian. There's a time for each but the former is more productive than the latter. It gives free publicity to good things rather than bad things.

Lastly, don't always be content to merely swap a few ideas. Use the opportunity to recruit members for your favorite liberty-friendly institution or activity in-state. Personally I like to try and get folks to come to our socials, by directing them to

http://www.freestateproject.org/community/welcomewagon

http://neforum.org/  
WMUR's forums, channel 9 (fairly active, about 7 posts a day):
http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages.cfm?sitekey=man&forum=427&topic=10413&startmsg=31

List of NH-oriented Web Forums:

I'm listing these in order of how active they are...the most active are listed first.  

Free State Project Web Forum
www.forum.freestateproject.org
Political leaning:  libertarian
Registration required? Yes, if you want to post
Number of registered users as of 10/04: ~3000
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04:  ~40
General comments about this forum:   Web forum for the group that aims to draw 20,000 liberty lovers to New Hampshire and thus reinforce the freedoms of the freest place on earth.
Much of the traffic here now originates from New Hampshire as many of the the most active participants have already moved.

Salem Forum (with area for general NH discussion)
http://salemnhforum.org/index.php
Political leaning: None officially, but the participants seem to be libertarian or conservative
Number of registered users as of 10/04: 550
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04: ~6
General comments about this forum:  This forum is the most active of the successful neforums.org series.  Technically it's Salem-centric but it has an active section for discussing NH state and national politics. I mostly stay out of the Salem section since I don't live there.

DFNH (aka the Nanny State Project)
Political leaning:  authoritarian left
Registration required? Yes, and I'm not sure new registrations are being accepted
Number of registered users as of 10/04: Unknown
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04: ~6
General comments about this forum:  These is a forum which I believe was originated for NH residents who were supporters of Howard Dean for pres.  I try not to spend too much time here or get too active since it's not a place where you can easily win converts.  Heck I can't even get anyone there to say a word in favor of drug freedoms or sexual freedoms. So apparently they're not real liberals, more like straight-line authoritarians.

WMUR (Channel 9) Forums
http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages.cfm?sitekey=man&forum=427&topic=10413&startmsg=31

Political leaning: None officially, but the people posting generally seem to be slightly more authoritarian or leftist than your average NH resident.
Registration required? Yes, if you want to post.
Number of registered users as of 10/04:  Unknown
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04: ~5
General comments about this forum:  I love this forum.  There is a fair amount of traffic here and apparently a lot of lurkers, also there is good diversity of opinion. You can't start your own topic; you have to join one of the threads started by the station.  Usually a third of these are somehow related to liberty in NH.  Also your message has to be approved by a moderator before appearing. So far I think 14 of the 15 or so I have submitted were approved.

Politicscafe NH thread
http://www.politicscafe.com/forum/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=261;start=200

Political leaning: None officially, but the participants seem to be more libertarian or conservative. 5+ Free Staters already active on this thread
Number of registered users as of 10/04: N/A - it's just a thread
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04: ~2
General comments about this forum thread: It's been going for a long time and was I think started long before the Porcupines chose NH.  It's FSP-friendly though not universally so.  They've talked about the FSP a lot there and I would say somewhere around 5 Free Staters are active there.

NH Liberty Alliance
www.nhliberty.org
Political leaning: Libertarian
Registration required? Yes, you have to be an Alliance member and register on the site to post or to read most of the categories.
Number of registered users as of 10/04: 90
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04: ~3
General comments about this forum:  It's not that active because most of the people who would otherwise post there are using the FSP site instead. Also the categories are kind of screwy and maintaining your access can be a pain. However the Alliance itself is shaping up well, local libertarian types say they've never seen anything like it!

nh.politics - Usenet newsgroup
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&group=nh.politics
Political leaning: None officially
Registration required? Sort of.. if you don't have any kind of newsgroup account you'll have to set up one and you can do so by heading to the link above...just try to post and it will tell you how to start a usenet account there.
Estimated number of registered users:  Unknown
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04:  ~4, but most of these are Bush or Kerry spammers - for now.
General comments about this newsgroup:   Some folks there are requesting that you preface each NH-related post there with the letters "NH."  That will make your message stand out against the spam.   Bear in mind you can't erase or edit messages you post to any newsgroup.

RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 07:51:10 pm »

nh.general - Usenet newsgroup

(link)

Political leaning: None
Registration required? Sort of.. if you don't have any kind of newsgroup account you'll have to set up one, and you can do so by heading to

(link)
Estimated number of registered users: Unknown
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04:  ~4, but most of these are Bush or Kerry spammers as of 10/04.  On the other hand, Usenet groups like this are sort of guaranteed never to die out; if people start posting more NH stuff there the group will spring back to life.  
General comments about this newsgroup:   Some folks there are requesting that you preface each NH-related post there with the letters "NH."  That will make your message stand out against the spam.   Bear in mind you cannot erase or edit messages you post to any newsgroup.

Bedford Blog
www.bedfordblog.com
Political leaning:  Unknown
Registration required? Unknown
Estimated number of registered users: Unknown
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04:  Unknown

Derry Forum
http://derrynhforum.org/  
Political leaning: None officially
Registration required? Yes, to post
Estimated number of registered users: 130
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04: Less than 1
General comments about this forum: Second most active NH forum of the successful neforum.org series.  

Hooksett Town Web Forum
(Hooksett is a small town just north of Manchester)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hooksett_chat/
Registration required?  Yes
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04: Less than 1
General comments about this forum:  Looks like this was started a year or two ago...peaked out for a while then faded.

Auburn Town Web Forum
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/auburn/
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04:  Less than 1
General comments about this forum:  Looks like this was started a year or two ago...peaked out for a while then faded.

Hampstead Town Web Forum
http://hampsteadnhforum.org/
Estimated number of registered users as of 10/04:   Less than 50
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04:
General comments about this forum:   This forum is part of the successful neforums.org series, but hasn't really become active yet.   It's a blank slate for you to write on and promote if you're near Hampstead.  

Manchester Town Web Forum
http://manchesternhforum.org/  
Political leaning:  None
Registration required?  Yes, to post
Estimated number of registered users:  
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04:  0
General comments about this forum:  This forum is part of the successful neforums.org series, but hasn't become active yet.   It's a blank slate for you to write on and promote if you're in Manchester

http://peterboroughnh.neforum.org/
Political leaning: None yet
Registration required? Yes
Estimated number of registered users:  less than 20
Average number of posts per day as of 10/04: 0
General comments about this forum:  This forum is part of the successful neforums.org series, but hasn't become active yet.  It's a blank slate for you to write on and promote if you're in or near Peterborough.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 07:54:32 pm by Dada Orwell » Logged

George Reich
FSP Participant
Global Moderator

I just *love* it when Hank and Dagny brainstorm!

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 08:06:42 pm »

The New Hampshire independent media center encourages readers to contribute content to the site, and seems to be growing in popularity:

http://www.nhindymedia.org/

If everyone were rich there would be no need for government assistance. If everyone were rich all children could attend private schools. If everyone were rich, government would become superfluous. Read the free e-book at this site:

http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net
RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 11:13:21 am »

Awesome, thanks George.  Keep the ideas coming on this, guys...lots of gaps in my list above still.

BedfordCSE

Connecting with freedom lovers everywhere.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 11:01:14 pm »

I would like to update Dada's great post about media in NH.

Re: CNHT's Radio Show:

WLMW 90.7 FM in Amherst NH (South-central part of state)
6PM-8PM Thursdays - Taxpayer Radio: 603.672.0573, www.cnht.org, webmaster@cnht.org
Live streaming? Yes: www.cnht.org
Accepts calls? Not exactly, you can call but can't really get on the air directly for technical reasons.

If you wish to be a live guest or live caller, just let us know ahead of time.

Reads e-mails on the air? Yes, virtually every email you send will get read
Instant Message option? Yes: CNHT RADIO on AOL, AIM, iCHAT, YIM
Screener? N/A
Plays voice mails on the air? Not sure...I've never seen them do it but they might be open to it

YES- see above

Show notes: This is the show run by the Coalition of New Hampshire Taxpayers, which loves the FSP. Jane, AKA BedfordCSE from the FSP web forums, runs their e-mail and web setup. Ed Naile, speaker at the 2004 Liberty Dinner, is the primary host. They don't have that many listeners; 90.7 doesn't reach very far. So they need more participation.

However, we do have streaming with Real Audio, iTunes, etc which can be accessed right from the website, cnht.org, by clicking on the Radio link in the navbar. This means you can hear the show from virtually anywhere in the USA!

Also, I need some assistance with this board and wonder if whoever is in charge could please email me so you can help me with my problem? THANKS!

-- Jane
Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: