i think that's a great idea.
i have almost 70 acres in troy, alabama (for those of you with GPS, my exact location is: Latitude: 31 degrees 45.295' N Longitude: 85 degrees 51.128' W): about 30 acres in wetlands and about 40 acres in pecan orchard. my house is located on about 2 acres of this property near the road.
i've always wanted to make productive use of this land and this would fit the bill.
i already have numerous amenities already on the property:
1. 25 yrd pistol range (shoot from a raised deck)
2. 200 yd rifle range (shoot from a covered, raised deck)
3. fishing (whitewater creek runs along one side of the property)
4. camping in the back 30 acres of swamp for those who like to "rough it"
5. in-ground swimming pool
6. 800sq ft game room: pool, ping-pong, foosball, 5-person hot-tub, tables & chairs, board games, etc.
7. woodworking and metalworking workshops: guys can "fix up" their RVs if there's a problem during their stay.
8. 2/3 mile ATV/gocart trail
10. we play paintball in the backwoods
11. trap launcher at the pistol range
12. pecans in oct-nov
as best as i can tell, the only thing i'd need to do is:
1. improve the driveway to make it easier for RV's to enter/exit
2. create the camping sites: water, power, pads, picnic tables, fire rings, etc.
3. install a septic dump station
4. build a restroom/shower building for the tent camping area
5. signs on hwy 231 (about 2 miles away from my property) directing people to the site
6. need a full-time caretaker: check in/out, maintenance, rule enforcement, etc.
however, i really don't know anything about developing/running an campsite, but this is a start.
The Philosophy of Liberty: http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf
Liberty in Our Lifetime: http://www.freestateproject.org/
"The three characteristics of good programmers are laziness, hubris and impatience."