Free State Project Forum
271199 Posts in 22208 Topics by 36589 Members / Latest Member: TKline
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2014, 11:22:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Join the FSP

POSTING GUIDELINES and ADVICE FOR NEW MEMBERS

NOTICE: The forum will be down for maintenance beginning at 7PM (NH time) this evening. It should be up again by 9PM. Please forgive the inconvenience and feel free to e-mail arick@freestateproject.org if you have any questions or support requests.

+  Free State Project Forum
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  In Memoriam Malcolm Hastings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]  Go Down Print
Author Topic: In Memoriam Malcolm Hastings  (Read 4728 times)
JasonPSorens
Administrator

Neohantonum liberissimum erit.

In Memoriam Malcolm Hastings
« on: July 30, 2004, 02:36:40 pm »

I just learned that Malcolm "Mose" Hastings, a dedicated FSP member and Organizer, has been killed in an accident.  Mose was a CPA who advised and assisted FSP Treasurers past and present very capably.  He also briefly served as interim Treasurer himself.  He was a joy to have around on the Organizers list and to work with.  Here is some information on his memorial service from the family:

Dear All-

My family and I thank you for your outpour of condolences and support.  We
will be holding a memorial sevice for my father at our church, New Life
Baptist Church: Sunday, August 1, 2004 at 4:00P.M.  Our church is located
at: 2402B North Gessner, Houston, Texas, 77080.
For the inquiries concerning flowers the funeral home will be accepting
them on our behalf: Memorial Oaks Funeral Home, 13001 Katy Freeway,
Houston, Texas 77079.
Again, thank you. 

Most sincerely,
Ami Hastings

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Amanda
former FSP President

Ignore
Re:In Memoriam Malcolm Hastings
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 04:02:46 pm »

Mose was a great guy, and we will miss him dearly.

"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom
SteveA
FSP Participant

Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 06:40:14 pm »

I'm sad to hear I won't have the opportunity to meet him.  He sounds like a good man to have known.

"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."
Kelton Baker
Former FSP President
FSP Participant

Freedom is Free, it's tyranny that costs us dearly

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 03:20:25 am »

I just went through some of my e-mails to and from "mose".  What a terrific guy and a sad loss to lose him.  

I remember a pivotal time when Malcolm stood up for someone and encouraged everyone to forgive her and to consider her strengths and dedication at a time when that person had made a simple mistake that led to much criticism.  That person went from near-pariah to president shortly thereafter.

And then the time someone mistakenly made some serious allegations against him publically and he responded with the true facts politely and forgivingly in such a way as to end all suspicion.

One quote that he really liked and shared several times was this:
Patrick Henry was right when he commented on the constitution "this thing is written as though good men will take office.  

Rest in Peace, Malcolm

Give me some men who are stout-hearted men Who will fight for the right they adore. Start me with ten, who are stout-hearted men And I'll soon give you ten thousand more...--O. Hammerstein
RidleyReport
FSP Participant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 11:15:32 am »

What was his forum name?

The Revolution is now Televised
http://RidleyReport.com
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 11:55:24 am »

What was his forum name?

He never posted on the forum, but he did read it occasionally.

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 06:46:54 pm »

Some memorials to Mose from elsewhere on the Web:

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=8840

SteveA
FSP Participant

Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 06:56:07 pm »

Is your home page set to a Google News search of "Free State Project", sorted by date, also? Wink

We seem to hit the same news.  It's very complimentary of him and has many replies from people.  Thanks for posting it, Jason.

"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."
JasonPSorens
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 09:05:28 pm »

Is your home page set to a Google News search of "Free State Project", sorted by date, also? Wink

Not my homepage, but a regularly visited Bookmark. Wink

Pages: [1]  Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: