Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do we Stand as of Right Now?  (Read 63074 times)

bIlluminati

• FSP Participant
  • For freedom
Re:Where do we Stand as of Right Now?
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2003, 09:57:55 pm »

Of course I forgot to add (in my not so humble opinion).

If population is irrelevant, I can make a case for NH. If population is relevant to the extent my calcs indicate, WY and SD should be ahead. Now ID/NH is a horserace, because population is close to a wash, so preferences are important.

I could rank ND anywhere from 3rd to 8th - and many ranked it 10th. I wanted to rank MT in my top 5, but the numbers put it 7th. DE, VT and ME bring up the rear for me, but an optimist could rank VT as high as 4th if Burlington is hated enough by the locals. I have to scratch my head on those who put DE in top 3 - but I've never been to Delaware, which makes a difference.

I have friends in Alaska, but the numbers put it in the middle - okay if we ever get to 4th state, but maybe 6th is appropriate.

Again, just my (slight prejudice towards Western) opinion. That's why we have the vote.  It looks like Maine is rated near last, which is where I put it. Maine is lovely and large, and a little warmer than ND.  So we shall see. Seven(+) days!

Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2003, 09:46:13 am »

I think that we're underestimating the power of Delaware here.  A lot of the underinformed voters are more likely than not looking for a place where the weather is good, and the location is close to friends and family.  Delaware accomplishes that AND has a reputation as best for businesses.  Now, I'm not pro-Delaware by any means, but considering population distribution, I feel that Delaware is definitely going to be ranked higher than it should be in the final breakdown.

61au79

• FSP Participant
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2003, 01:11:49 am »

I don't see how placing NH first can be interpreted as indicating lack of research. I did hours and hours of analysis and I came up with NH first. (And I know this cannot influence anyone, as the votes have closed.) Personally I would have preferred the whole voting thing to have been done electronically. (Digitally signed votes of course.)

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2003, 11:08:24 am »

You're right. The only vote which would indicate lack of research would be a straight "voting in the order of the state's distance from me".
No state is perfect, and people have different criteria by which they are weighting states. For me, low taxes, low crime, and political accessibility were highest. Hence, I voted NH first. If I thought population were the end all and be all of the vote, I would have gone with WY or VT first.
On to the free state! :D

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2003, 03:06:55 pm »

Time's up!!!

Today is the LAST DAY of voting!   :D
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

bIlluminati

• FSP Participant
  • For freedom
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2003, 09:17:19 pm »

*Any* winner of the Free State vote *will* be better than where I am now.

In Ohio, THe Supreme Rulers (aka Supreme Court) by a 5-2 vote again ignored both the Ohio and US Constitutions and ruled that Ohioans have no Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Governor Taft said that he would oppose any bill that Police State chiefs did not approve.
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.

Blain

• FSP Participant
  • Liberty or Death!
    • Infowars
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2003, 05:54:00 pm »

And why is this thread being closed today when we won't know which state is chosen until Tues?  
The following flash movie sums up values.
http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made an
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

anything