Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO Land w/ or w/o house in Merrimack, Cheshire, or Sullivan Counties  (Read 205 times)

Josh Ritchey

BLUF: Looking for 20+ non-protected/usable/buildable acres in Merrimack, Cheshire, or Sullivan Counties for $2K/acre of less.

Hey,
       I signed onto the Free State Project about 10 yrs ago while in the military and now my family and I are looking to move to New Hampshire. I've got about 2 years before I'm looking to move, but would like to start looking at land in the meantime. I've started a podcast a few months ago in hopes of finding like minded, minimal government type folks to essentially cost share the property without a ton of luck, though a few people have shown some interest.

Does anyone know of any land for sale in Merrimack, Cheshire, or Sullivan Counties for less than $2k/acre? I've noticed land in NH is considerably more expensive and property taxes are remarkably high, but that depends on the area, so that will certainly be a decision point once I find some options. I've only managed to find high priced land on the typical websites, so if anyone could point me in a better direction or provide leads, I sure would appreciated it.There is a whole lot more to the story, but that's for another day. Bottom line is, my wife has finally come on board with the idea of moving to NH, so time for me to cease the opportunity because I LOVE the North East!

Just to clarify, I'm will to cost share, but am a Libertarian, not one of those SJW commie types looking to share my wife & paycheck. (Only somewhat joking, but really, I'm not sharing, get a job...) >:D

Fell free to shoot me an email at Josh@BuildingCommunity.Today or check out my podcast as well.

Have a great day folks!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage

I'd say you can start out with a custom search on Zillow or nneren.com. And contact Mark Warden at www.porcupinerealestate.com. A quick search reveals several listings that fit your criteria; for instance, https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/NH/land_type/2100968499_zpid/39_rid/0-40000_price/0-149_mp/435600-_lot/globalrelevanceex_sort/46.236852,-67.818604,41.701627,-75.322266_rect/6_zm/0_mmm/.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.

Looking forward to having you guys join us in NH.

Josh Ritchey

Thanks a lot guys! I've been stalking Zillow like a serial killer, waiting to pounce on the right deal. It's such specific criteria, I'm likely to be somewhat stuck until I run across someone at a feed store looking to unload their land for a lower price because they want to see it farmed rather that left.

I'll keep looking, I appreciate the recommendations.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage

My understanding is that Zillow's coverage in NH is far from complete. Not sure what the best place is to search for land, TBH. I bet Mark would know, though!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.

Neren is best.  Then Craigslist for for-sale-by-owner land. 

Josh Ritchey

So I'm really blown away by how many people are so incredibly interested in volunteering up help. Turns out voluntary association is a big thing😃.

More details:
Within 1hr drive to metro. (I'm defensive IT by trade. Those jobs simply don't exist in the boonies where I'd like to live)
Land must be buildable or at the least RVable, though that's not optimal, I'm happy to make it work.
I spoke to Levi already, he and I are essentially looking for the same thing, which is basically a unicorn in the real estate world, even with cash. I am willing to pay with crypto if that sweetens the deal for anyone.

I really appreciate all the positive feedback, it really makes me even more excited to move up there. I'm expecting to be there Jul-Aug 2019, so plenty of time to look, though the 2nd best  time to plant a tree is today, literally, I want to plant trees. The food producing kind though, the animals and I both love tree nuts!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:39:16 pm by Josh Ritchey »

Josh Ritchey

I've been doing some searching for a list of NH zoning codes, but haven't found a solid source. Any recommendations?

NERE has been EXTREMELY helpful in doing some scouting for land.
Pages: [1]   Go Up