Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking about moving  (Read 289 times)

Herring07

Thinking about moving
« on: March 21, 2017, 02:24:36 am »

If I moved I might potentially have about 50k from a retirement account with my current employer, but I'm looking for creative solutions to the following problems:

1. I've worked for over 20 years in health care, but the health care jobs I see in NH are located in the big cities. I'd like to get out of the city.
2. I'd like to minimize monthly payments on ANYTHING. I do lean toward trying to be self sufficient. That said I'd need to earn at least 100 bucks a month to pay for meds, plus whatever else I'll need for property taxes, etc.
3. I don't know if there's any counties that have rather lenient building codes, but I wouldn't mind just living out of my truck while I build.

Thanks in advance for any info you can shoot my way :)

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.
Re: Thinking about moving
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 12:58:30 pm »

Hi there,

Have you been to NH?

1.) The "cities" in NH are small, and many people in the U.S. would laugh that we call them cities.  The biggest city is Manchester, and you can be smack dab in the middle of it and it literally takes 15 minutes to drive somewhere and be surrounded by nature with nobody around.  Point is that even if you only find a job in a city, a thirty-minute or less commute puts you into the country. 

3.) It's not like much of the U.S. where you deal with counties.  You almost never hear people talk about counties.  In NH, no matter how rural you are, you are dealing with the "town."  Yes, there are towns in NH with lenient building codes.  Some of them have no zoning and/or no building inspector.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:06:47 pm by Levi »

Herring07

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:40:39 pm »

I think a visit might be in order. Thanks for the info.  ;D

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:07:49 pm »

What state are you in now?
Pages: [1]   Go Up