Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Airports without cancer scanners  (Read 15782 times)

Neogeek23

Airports without cancer scanners
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:29:37 am »

I made a trip this past new year out of Regan International and nearly had to go through the x-ray cancer scanner for security.  Apparently this cancer scanner machine is fairly common on the east coast....  I was wondering if anyone knew which airports in the Boston/Massachusetts area are going to be this invasive, so I know which ones to avoid as I book my flight.  Thanks in advance for any information you all have.  I like to know all of my options before deciding.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
Re: Airports without cancer scanners
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:50:12 pm »

Manchester has them but I have never been through them, I opt out every time. Boston has them for some of the security lines but you can avoid them entirely if you are flying Southwest/Jet blue by using the security checkpoint next to baggage claim.

Manchester is closer then Logan and is much less busy so as long as you can tolerate the hand raping Manchester is the better airport.

Wolvenhaven

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »

I always opt-out.  All you have to do is walk up to the guy directing you through either the metal detector or the backscatter machine and say "I opt out".  Yes, they will give you an intensive pat down but it is much more awkward for them.  Being cheerful, smiling, and making jokes whenever they explain what they're going to do next is the best part of it as they get a martyred look on their faces and grimace.  Almost all of the TSA floor agents are minimum wage low education individuals(here in Atlanta it's the biggest employer of people on parole/probation) who have a few days of training at best.

Even if you don't like being touched, opting out is the best way to get the scanners removed entirely.  The TSA is currently in violation of the DC Circuit Court(and has been for 2 years now) about removing the scanners, the more people who opt-out and take the longer more intensive pat down, the slower security is and if it gets to the point(I think the numbers were like 1% of flyers opting out) it would bring security to a complete gridlock and force them to remove the scanners or start causing everyone to miss their flights.

Sam Adams

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:45:26 pm »

I made a trip this past new year out of Regan International and nearly had to go through the x-ray cancer scanner for security.  Apparently this cancer scanner machine is fairly common on the east coast.... 
                                                      Are you all telling me, you think DHS or your govt would be trying to hurt you or make you sick? Come on? This sounds like a big conspiracy. Who ever told you these security machines would give or cause cancer? This is for all of our security as a whole, all for our safety for the common good of society. Don,t forget the shoe bomber, or the under wear up the but bomber, we need these TSA employees to finally find 0NE[1] terrorist.

slothman

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:46:46 pm »

I've found a way to get around both the cancerizers and gropers!
Don't fly!
I only flew once since 9/11 and that was even without the 2 "evil" things; that itself was 'terror'ble.
I'll just drive or not go anywhere until they fix that, which I doubt they will.
I could have gone to FL with my parents several times, for free, but I chose against it.

P.S. I wouldn't normally use the scare quotes but I decided to here since we already know they are bad.

Neogeek23

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »

Well I think I'll fly - it is a long ways from Texas.  We just don't have those cancer machines out here, or at least last I flew.  Lol, I don't think I suggest that the DHS would intentionally attempt to make me sick... but I might propose that they don't have a greater interest in maintaining my health than I do, esp. when compared to trying to catch those terrorists (who I can only assume are allergic to xrays).    Yea but,  I don't even like airports anymore - I always feel like I'm in some kind of 1984 martial law-police state when I'm in the airport.  Screw that safety bull...  

I'll opt out if it is the only choice that I have (what I did last time).  I was hoping maybe there was an airport in Mass. that didn't have the scanner but I guess that is a silly thing to think - they probably have them at malls and schools.  Maybe rather than resisting the pat down I should just get super into it and see if I can a pseudo-massage out of it, civil-trolling.  I may fly southwest (my preference) or jet blue - sounds promising.  Thanks for the tips.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:02:22 am by Neogeek23 »

plasma1010

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 07:29:25 pm »

I know it's quite a bit more inconvenient, but you could just fly out of Montreal and avoid all of this crap, right ?

TJames

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 08:07:05 pm »

I dream of agorist airports.  :(

Sam Adams

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 11:36:36 pm »

If there going to pat you down and feel you up, I would drop my clothes and expose a speedo and then tell them to feel my junk. Serious, a young lady did that out in LA 5 years ago down to her bikini, nice one too. I watched the uTube 321 times, you know civil disobedience example.

Wolvenhaven

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 01:09:13 pm »

If there going to pat you down and feel you up, I would drop my clothes and expose a speedo and then tell them to feel my junk. Serious, a young lady did that out in LA 5 years ago down to her bikini, nice one too. I watched the uTube 321 times, you know civil disobedience example.

There's a video of a guy stripping naked in the security line, they arrested him for public indecency and the judge threw it out under the grounds of it being freedom of expression(protest).

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:39 pm »

Airlines have never made money even with the subsidies of the federal government.

slothman

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 03:47:22 am »

Airlines have never made money even with the subsidies of the federal government.

If they never made money then how are they still around?

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 04:59:50 am »

Federal subsidies.

Wolvenhaven

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:25:10 am »

Which I've never understood(naive disbelief).  90% of the cost of a plane ticket is taxes, next time you buy a ticket go look at the detailed breakdown of what everything costs.  The first line will be "flight from x to y: $70" and the next 15 lines will be "US law ######: $100".  The taxes make is so expensive that they have to be subsidized because if they charged what they'd need to charge the taxes would cause the ticket to cost so much no one could afford it.  The interference of the government in plane tickets is a great example(because the tax is so high) of why screwing with the free market causes serious issues.

slothman

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 02:19:15 pm »

Federal subsidies.
You said, "even with."
Did you mean "without"?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything