Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: share a campsite  (Read 10345 times)

KareFree

share a campsite
« on: May 30, 2011, 04:47:38 pm »

I am looking to save a little money and share a campsite with other people.

It would be my mom and myself and are willing to split the cost of the site. We would need space for one tent.

We will be driving a small car, and will park that in the over flow parking.

Thank You,
Karen

Jingfired

• FSP Participant
Re: share a campsite
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:37:27 pm »

I've reserved Campsite #46 for the whole week, and expect to use it for parking, sleeping, and not much else.  If there's room, you're welcome to squeeze in! 

Cost to me: FRN $150 and change
Asking per night: FRN $10, or 0.2-0.25 oz fine silver
Asking for the week: FRN $60, or 1.5 oz fine silver

(All prices and currencies are highly negotiable, and subject to creative pleading and/or bribery.  ;D  Hint: I'm bringing car-friendly maps of the larger NH "cities" and of NH in general, to sell to new or prospective movers.)

I "made the move" a month ago, but this will be my third PorcFest.  Feel free to ask any questions that cross your mind.  To start: the quoted prices do not include the campground's daily access fee.  Once you arrive, I'll meet you at their office and walk you through the two-minute process.

KareFree

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:49:54 pm »

Jingfired, this sounds like a great opportunity for both of us to save a little money!  :)

I assume by FRN you mean Federal Reserve Note?

$60 for the two of us sounds very reasonable to me.

My mother and I would only need space for one tent. So, I hope we can squeeze in. Again I will park the car in the over flow lot to take up even less space on the site.

I will of course cover the campground's daily access fee for both my mother and my self (not sure what that covers besides the car).

I will send you a private message with my contact info.

I appreciate this,
Karen

Jingfired

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 12:03:55 am »

I assume by FRN you mean Federal Reserve Note?

Yes.  Sorry--I tend to assume that anyone on these forums is One Of Us, and in on the lingo.   I use the term deprecatingly, to distinguish them from actual Dollars, which are made of 90% silver.

I will park the car in the over flow lot

...if there's room.  Remember, we're expecting a thousand people or more.  Last year we had 800-ish, and the "overflow lot" was around half-full.  Also, it's clear across the entire campground from our site.  :P  Make your way to Roger's, and we'll work out the rest once we see the actual situation.

to take up even less space on the site.

It's already paid for; go ahead and use it!  My only concerns are 1) physically getting the cars in, 2) getting the gear out, 3) setting up the gear, and 4) footpaths between all of the above.  If we can semi-safely maneuver even in the dark, I'm happy.  [Note to self: get glowsticks to mark trip-hazards.]

(not sure what that covers besides the car).

Access fee covers permission to enter the camping area, for people plus one car per person/family.  Cars without a dated window sticker are subject to Bad Things.  (I didn't pay attention to those particular details, because they didn't apply to me.)

Note: if map and memory serve, we have both power (one pair of plugs, 3-prong) and water (one ground faucet, with hose threads).  The staff specifically confirmed power when I called in my reservation; I didn't ask about water.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 07:13:59 am »

You get two adults per campsite right?
so you only have to pay the 5$ access for the 3rd person.

I thought you could put two cars on one spot?

Either way ... glad to see this worked out for both of you!

Jingfired

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:32:14 am »

<shrug>  I've never had to care before.  In any case, them's small potatoes.

We should be good to go.  Last year I sub-let part of a single from some Instant Friends, and there was plenty of room for two cars, three tents, a picnic table, chairs, and sprawl-space.

KareFree

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 02:02:34 pm »

Either way ... glad to see this worked out for both of you!

Thanks Dreepa.

I think you are right that the third person would be extra. And I agree (with Jingfired) that its small potatoes  ;). Whatever the cost is I don't mind covering it.

We should be good to go.  Last year I sub-let part of a single from some Instant Friends, and there was plenty of room for two cars, three tents, a picnic table, chairs, and sprawl-space.

Ultimately, it would be easier for my mom and I to have the car close to the campsite. However, I would like to respect that this is your site, and I don't want to over crowd it with too many of my things. So, if the car fits AND you don't mind it being there, I'll definitely park it on the campsite.

jlees_42544

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 11:55:45 am »

As I understand it, there aren't any motel rooms or campsites available except to share. For those interested in bartering for silver  ;)

Are you willing to barter in one ounce bars of fine silver for a nice (fairly quiet) campsite and a place to park my truck? Tent Campsite needed for two adults (in our 50's) for 6 nights from Monday 6-22 thru Saturday 6-27, leaving Sunday morning 6-28. Feel free to call (508) 380-6904. FYI we are true lifetime Libertarian Constitutional students presently living in MA and looking to move back to NH.
Pages: [1]   Go Up