Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On my way, finally!  (Read 415 times)

MaxPot

On my way, finally!
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:49:10 am »

Hello everyone, my name is Britton and I currently live in Louisiana.  I have been in the USMC for four and a half years.  While in the marines, I pledged to be a part of the FSP.  I was just honorably discharged and now I am preparing to make the move!  Plans are very tentative at this moment, but the goal is to arrive in time to attend Porcfest. 

Since I'm only bringing myself and a few belongings, I really want to take the time to get to know the state and the liberty activists in it before choosing where to live.  I intend on finding a master electrician to apprentice under, so that's also going to influence where I choose to land.  Any ideas, advice, or tips?  Thanks!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: On my way, finally!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:33:03 am »

Visiting widely is a great idea. Manchester & Nashua have a lot going on because of the population base, but they say that, due to lack of competition, skilled labor pays best in the Lakes and Upper Valley regions, which also have a lot of natural beauty. Say hello if you see me at PorcFest!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 11:14:11 am »

Are you just visiting before and during PF?  Or looking to move here by PF?

MaxPot

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:16:34 pm »

Are you just visiting before and during PF?  Or looking to move here by PF?

I intend on being in the state for good by PF.  Right now I'm tying up loose ends and planning sort of a tour of the eastern US.  I have family to visit in several states, I want to stop by some historic and natural landmarks, but NH is the final destination. 

Visiting widely is a great idea. Manchester & Nashua have a lot going on because of the population base, but they say that, due to lack of competition, skilled labor pays best in the Lakes and Upper Valley regions, which also have a lot of natural beauty. Say hello if you see me at PorcFest!

I will Jason!  I doubt you'll remember me but we shook hands at the 2015 Porcfest.  I almost didn't make it to that one because my chain of command didn't want to approve leave request.  I used that experience to educate dozens of other marines on how to get their requests granted. 

Nice to know about the market opportunities.  I'll definitely take that into consideration.  Other than the occupational licensing process, I'm really looking forward to it all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything