Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going about moving from the UK to NH?  (Read 430 times)

ballistic_bill

Going about moving from the UK to NH?
« on: February 10, 2017, 07:52:07 pm »

So here's my issue. I live in the UK and it's really not a nice place imo. I appreciate our history but there's really not a lot of job prospects, housing prices are high, huge state control, no gun rights, etc. I'd like to move to New Hampshire some time in the near future but how would I go about moving there? Business visa? Contacting businesses in New Hampshire and seeing if they're desperate enough to hire someone from all the way over here for permanent residence? I've looked up how to move to the US and it doesn't seem like a very easy process if you're not married to someone that lives there already. Any help is appreciated.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Going about moving from the UK to NH?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:36:02 am »

It depends on what your skills are. If you specialize in a narrow area, it's quite possible an employer would sponsor you. Another approach is to go to graduate school. Once here as a student, it's easier to be recruited and sponsored. Finally, of course, there is the lottery, though the chances of winning it are small.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything