Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to the North Country near Littleton  (Read 1275 times)

Stefanie

Moving to the North Country near Littleton
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:54:01 pm »

Hello All,  after 3 years of caretaking my elder parents in Maryland, they're now being moved into a retirement community apartment.  It's been a trying time.  In the process of emptying & selling their 2 homes, move them into the apt, then I move myself to NH.  Have a house rental lined up just south of Littleton NH.  I don't have a definate date yet as the parents situation is fluent, but my tentave time frame for move to NH is end of March to early in April.  Very much looking forward to starting over in NH up in the North Country !  Looking to connect with some great folks up north, and a Welcome Wagon for when I arrive.  Not much to unload, bedroom set, computer stuff, stereo, some tools and a bunch boxes. 

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Moving to the North Country near Littleton
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:20:47 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Stefanie, and (prospectively) to New Hampshire! Email Chris Lopez at moved@freestateproject.org and let her know the details of your move. I'm sure you'll get some help. I'm in Lyme, about an hour south of Littleton and would be happy to help if calendar permits. There are some great folks in Berlin; I would recommend reaching out to Eric Catman, Steve Villee, and Lane and Kendall Strahan when you arrive.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Stefanie

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 01:48:51 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Stefanie, and (prospectively) to New Hampshire! Email Chris Lopez at moved@freestateproject.org and let her know the details of your move. I'm sure you'll get some help. I'm in Lyme, about an hour south of Littleton and would be happy to help if calendar permits. There are some great folks in Berlin; I would recommend reaching out to Eric Catman, Steve Villee, and Lane and Kendall Strahan when you arrive.

Hi Jason, thank you for the reply and suggestions.  I'll get an email off to Chris as soon as I'm able and have better details of actual move date.  And thank you for offering to help if it fits your calendar too.  Looking forward to inserting myself into community in the Spring and get to know everyone as time and events up there permit :).

Levi

• Realtor®. Photographer.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:35:37 pm »

Are you on FB Stefanie?

Stefanie

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 07:24:59 am »

Are you on FB Stefanie?

Hi Levi, I don't use Facebook. 

Stefanie

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 11:51:30 am »

Hi Jason & All,

Phew.  Sold both my Parents houses last month and moving them into a retirement community in Maryland the second week of April.

So… I have my move date to NH scheduled !   I've exchanged email with Chris at FSP.  Hope a crew can come togehter and help me unload in NH.

*Thursday May 4 - Pick up truck & load
*Friday May 5 - Load my car onto dolly early morning & hit the road from Ocean City MD 
*Arrive NH Friday Late Evening … Sugar Hill, a single family detached home
*Saturday May 6 – Un-load the truck day.

:)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:03:32 am by Stefanie »

Levi

• Realtor®. Photographer.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 04:10:11 pm »

Sugar Hills is a nice area!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 08:28:32 am »

Sugar Hill isn't *too* far from us... might come up for your move-in party. You might get some of the Berlin folks too.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

RP2016

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 10:52:43 am »

Congrats on the move. I also currently live in Maryland and am planning on making the move up to New Hampshire Spring 2018 with my family. We camped near Littleton about 3-4 years ago. It is a very pretty area.

Stefanie

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 12:25:34 pm »

Jason, hope to see you there. 
Levi, yes Sugar Hill is nice.  Cell phone service not good though.  I've switched to Verizon & a phone that can do WiFi calling.
RP, good luck with your move out of MD, taxes a killer down here amongst other issues.  Can't wait to settle in NH. 

Looking to unload that Saturday May 6 morning or noon'ish, whatever works for all when Chris coordinates.  Not much stuff to unload, an easy one, 1 bedroom set, lots of boxes, & a few heavy bins, and some gardening tools.

Stefanie

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 04:08:44 pm »

Chris Lopez emailed that she is setting up the Wagon via Facebook.   Woohoo, 1 month to go!  ;D

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 09:29:24 pm »

sounds good
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything