Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new Director of Development  (Read 21935 times)

Amanda

• former FSP President
new Director of Development
« on: August 27, 2004, 05:37:23 pm »

I'm pleased to announce that Varrin Swearingen is our new Director of Development, taking over for Lisa Goodwin. Varrin is a former board member, an organizer, and (most importantly!) a tireless, dedicated, upbeat, and cheerful volunteer for the Free State Project. We're very lucky to have him in this important role.

Varrin also serves as our PorcFest 2005 Czar, and is already getting PorcFest 2005 in motion. Varrin's bio is here: http://freestateproject.org/about/bios.php#swearingen

Please join me in welcoming Varrin to his new role.
"The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations." -- David D Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re:new Director of Development
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 05:58:49 pm »

Thanks  to Varrin for takin on the DOD job. Also a big thanks to all the active folks of the FSP .
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Re: new Director of Development
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:52:28 am »

wow
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:26:33 am »

wow
is there a reason you are posting on a 6 year old thread?

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:15:24 pm »

wow

I was wowing at the age. Why dont spammers just hit current topics?
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:17:47 am »

wow

I was wowing at the age. Why dont spammers just hit current topics?

cuz they are dumb?

Sgril

• מסעדות
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 06:27:00 am »

welcome to the this journey.Thanks to authority to select you the new director.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

welcome to the this journey.Thanks to authority to select you the new dictator.

lol

Alex Libman

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 06:52:54 pm »

A few random thoughts:

(1)  It's usually the best policy not to reply to spammer bumps of old threads, since the bumps will ideally soon be deleted (if it truly is completely meaningless spam), but sometimes it's hard to resist, I understand.

(2)  I am a very big fan of updating older threads with new relevant content, which increases their informational value greatly, and having one continuous thread on a particular issue is usually preferable to having many fragmented ones.  It is however a matter of forum policy whether this should be allowed, and one can easily implement a simple technical solution where old threads are archived as static files, which can also optimize the forum performance a bit.  (Being an optimization nut, I always have a strong preference for static HTML files in general; server-side mechanisms like PHP are way overused these days.)  I'm just very instistant that no valid content should ever be libricided permanently, and that the original URL's be kept alive via a simple redirect mechanism.

(3)  It's easy to deal with spammers - just create an "introduce yourself" area to which new members are restricted until they demonstrate that they are coherent human beings who are aware of what forum they're on and have something to contribute.

(4)  Regarding the original thread topic, I'd like to see more humility from FSP Inc about its role in the much broader Free State Project movement.  It is a decentralized idea, and Incy's just a fly on the elephant's back, so to speak.  The Free State Project doesn't have "directors", "organizers", "czars", "board members", etc.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:01:59 pm by Alex Libman »

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 07:08:08 pm »

A few random thoughts:

(1)  It's usually the best policy not to reply to spammer bumps of old threads, since the bumps will ideally soon be deleted (if it truly is completely meaningless spam), but sometimes it's hard to resist, I understand.

I was over in the moderation area blocking the accounts of the spammers from Calcutta and Bangladesh that posted to this thread and when I came back to delete the messages i find you guys responding to them.  Rather than delete them now, I'll just leave them here.
Don't feed the trolls.

Alex Libman

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 11:00:06 pm »

What about feeding someone who fed someone who fed someone who fed a troll?   >:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything