Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My dream and possible contribution  (Read 614 times)

Tru

My dream and possible contribution
« on: December 23, 2016, 06:45:36 pm »

Initially I had intending to write this out as an email question for membership, but it may have a more appropriate place here. Realizing the existence of this group has made me more open minded, and I hope I can garner the right attention for this proposition.

I have nothing but the utmost admiration for the message and efforts of the Free State Project, and I am considering pledging to this cause. I do not adhere to violence, racism, and bigotry, no matter how innate it seems to this world. My only issue is placing myself in New Hampshire. I am very close, I reside shortly south of it, and I will continue my desire to move because there is greater freedom. That is, however, is my main issue. Greater freedom is not total freedom, and I am more of what you might consider apolitical than anarchist. I don't want to change anybody, but I definitely don't want anybody trying to change my deepest values. I understand I will be happier there, but not my happiest, and that is why I will continue to work towards my dream whether or not I have help in any regard.

For a long time, a cabin in the woods was going to be good enough, growing my own food, electricity never being a necessity. It was a terrible paranoia that killed that thought for me, and unfortunately so, because it was evidently achievable. Many mountain men live righteously, and I still envy them. You never really own the land here though, or anywhere else, you have to pay for it. I know, it might seem a bit silly to complain about land tax when it's dug deeply into every nation. I could not live there without what I hated the most, money. I didn't want any income at all, I just wanted to support myself and be free! So where was I to go? Where is the last place that we can reach to, and hold onto freedom, that evidently is very difficult to stay in?

I looked into international waters. If I could stay there, and be flying under no flag, a citizen of the world, and absolutely not violating international laws, that would be freedom to me. I am not a sailor, I live by a lake, not by the coast, and I've already decided blindly for myself that's the only place I can be in the end. I will not feel finished with my life until I get there, until I reach my dream, and damned if I'll be stopped. Damned I might be, because I feel so paralyzed with fear that someone will try to stop me, because this hasn't really been done before, so I don't know how others with more power will take it. I continued on with more research anyway, I had to at least keep myself from stopping me, and my imagination really got to brewing in this fine cup of brine. Seasteading most will call it, but there's so little evidence of permanency, of self-sustenance, it was turning into quite the depressing search. So I've dug up old ideas, and what my dream is becoming is a never-ending mashup of possibilities. I'm looking into something I can do myself, if I have to. I might be rambling but it's because I've never shared this with anybody but my folks, I don't have any friends, so it's just very difficult in my mind, forgive me.

Pykrete was initially thought up for making aircraft carriers in WW2, and they would've worked in my belief, they just didn't put much work into it before the end of the war. Water and woodpulp, and you have something you freeze into whatever mold you want, join together the pieces like masonry, machine and drill like wood, and it can be unbelievably tough. It's the material I want to use, because I'll be sitting on the main ingredient (granted I'll be needing to distill/freeze freshwater for usage), with one problem. Where will I get the trees out on the sea? How will I keep it frozen? So I looked into bamboo, the wonderful solution that made me about as happy as coming across you guys. It grows fast, it can be shredded in place of the wood pulp, turned into natural pipes to pump air-cooled brine as a refrigerant throughout the hull, used used to cover and furnish the rooms of this floating paradise, used to construct an aquaponics system, is edible itself, as so on. I'd advise you to look into it yourself, it's quite the thing. I have many more kinks to iron out in this grand plan, but there is one advantage that I think will suit this organization well, if it works out in the end. From the initial base, more pykrete can be made for repairs, and for building new independent islands/ships. The bamboo could be grown on multiple floors, and serve as a backup material for floating devices. It is cheap to expand this land, and it doesn't have to stretch outwards, it could be like a tall iceburg, maybe even anchored to the sea floor in time. I dream big, as you can tell, my imagination is a gift and a curse.

I would enjoy working in this field with any of you, but as you can tell, my home is not in New Hampshire. I would be more inclined to move, however, if there was someone with land to spare for my efforts, to be had cheaply, or in exchange for my hard work in any number of ways. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty, I could laugh in the face of storms and other natural dangers. I want to trust people, but it's that innate violence I fear will come upon me before my dream sees reality. If you want my pledge, show me a place in New Hampshire where I can fulfill this vision of mine. I can collect the resources to build it, but I need a launching point. Help me in that way, and I will help you by sharing in the freedom it can give to all us. I want to share this newfound happiness, I want to believe others want it too, so let me try.

Perhaps, I am asking too much. I've come to accept my my mental health as not being exactly 'normal', and I've debated many times with myself whether or not I deserve the freedom I seek.  :-\

I want your real opinion on this matter, I would overjoyed if this led to tangible cooperation. Nevertheless, I want more than anything some kind of response, at the very least. Any kind of reply is going to help me feel a little less bottled up about it. I'm sorry if my style of writing isn't easy on the eyes, or if some of what I am saying may be poorly understood, I'll try my best to illustrate any point you ask of with clarity. I'd certainly be more comfortable talking a bit on the subject before pledging, maybe see if someone wants this too. I know of the Seasteading Institute, but I think too organically and desire a natural approach to where I want to live, and it seems they are set on a city meant for most citizens. I don't want that, I can't keep living with that. I want this to be a home for me, from which I can make homes for so many more, not another controlled network to live in.

Alright, I'm going to stop blabbering now. I have much more imagination to tell of, but I need to see how this is taken first. Thank you for reading this through.
Let yourself be happy in a world of pure imagination, even if you only have a minute to spare.

JbbF

Re: My dream and possible contribution
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 02:55:28 pm »

An issue is that pretty much all land in the world has been "taken over" by some country. There are really, according to Wikipedia, only 2 places that are terra nullius (not part of any country): Bur Tawil, an area on the Egypt/Sudan border (desert), and Marie Byrd Land, an area in Antarctica.

Your "international waters" idea is a good one, because, aside from the mentioned places, it's the only place left with no "country". Outer space (and the Moon, Venus, Mars, etc.) also count, but they're too hard to reach.

In terms of New Hampshire: there is definitely anti-libertarian bigotry in the state, and it is growing. An example is a new law just made in New Hampshire which unjustly criminalizes all interspecies sex (involving humans). This anti-zoosexual law is a sign of intolerance on the part of NH politicians. This is a minor issue for most, but it is a Litmus Test. New Hampshire gets less and less libertarian each year. Western states such as Wyoming don't have this problem as much, and they have a lot more BLM land. I would suggest you seriously consider whether you want to move to a state (NH) that is getting less and less free each year.

As the anti-zoosexual law (banning sex with non-human beings) showed, the politicians of New Hampshire want to interfere in the private lives of people by forcing their delusional view of "morality" onto the people and ruining the lives of zoosexual people. The reasons they gave for banning interspecies sex were irrational and idiotic. I can see more issues that they have a prejudice against being targeted and outlawed in the future by them.

Tru

Re: My dream and possible contribution
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:33:56 pm »

Well said, that's along the same line of thinking I was trying (and perhaps failing) to make clear.

I believe there's a great deal of freedom-seekers in NH, but that is the keyword, seekers and not fighters. Every single citizen there and elsewhere will be subject to those who have the power to write law. The police will enforce every bit of it, regardless of their own morality, because to do otherwise would be treacherous to their duty, they don't want to risk their position. I cannot see democracy working accurately on the scale and progression we've made it into today. Morality varies widely between individuals in thought, but few will act on their beliefs if it runs against the standard.

Those who suggest that a world without those laws in place will be rampant with murder and rape are afraid of change. If it would be full of that level of cruelty, than those guessing that have a very low opinion of humanity, and could be very well deemed misanthropes themselves. The few that I think would be anarchists in the destructive sense of the word, going out of their ways to hurt many, would finally be evident to society. We wouldn't be wondering who was holding on to darkness in their heart in the midst of our quiet, lawful lives, because they'd be out their trying to do their worst. Evildoers who would never be criminals, could finally be dealt with, and then the more sensible could find peace.

Your post was thought-provoking, I had to spew a bit of my own crazy dreamy ideas. I really don't see this as reality with the kind of population we have in this country, or around the world. It would take some unfortunate(?) apocalypse to provide those that remain with the choice of growing and sustaining a new world for themselves, to see if history will just repeat itself. I do not want to actively participate in any matter regarding change to society, because there definite outcome, no promise that my peaceful protesting would end in satisfaction for myself, or many. There will be no agreement between all of us, only compromise.

So I seek what I think will make me happiest in this life. I will avoid as much conflict with others as I can, and I will live freely on the sea, if I ever can. To me it is a wild thought, one that is far from achievable in most eyes, but one I will never stop fighting for. I would look to space if I thought I could reach it, ha! The ocean is understandably more within the average Joe's grasp. I can be alone in thinking it if I must, but the only reason I'm here and posting is because I have no friends, no support, and I really wish I did. I KNOW I would work my damned hardest if I had someone who wanted it too, someone I could share that dream with.

Of course with my sort of ideas, I'm beginning to wonder if someone with power is going to want to silence me before I can spread them any further... my rattled state for ya.

Thanks again for the reply, it means a lot.
Let yourself be happy in a world of pure imagination, even if you only have a minute to spare.
Pages: [1]   Go Up