Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: interested in early moving need some help on the job front  (Read 2135 times)

bjornbernander

interested in early moving need some help on the job front
« on: December 15, 2015, 04:32:13 pm »

Hello
I'm a 25 guy trying to get my footing in the workforce.  I'm most interested in graphic design or something in a related field, but at this point I'm desperate enough to consider most stuff with career potential. I have some college, pursuing a degree in visual communications, however, I did not complete a degree as I was never really comfortable in that environment.

While I lack experience I am a fast and eager learner, and would love an opportunity to prove my capabilities. I'm willing to send a resume to anyone who requests one but I need to warn you that it's not that impressive, as I currently live with my parents in a crappy tourist trap of a town in Wisconsin. A town I DESPERATELY, DESPERATELY want to leave. I'd be willing pack up and head east rather quickly, but I would prefer to wait until after the holidays.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out
I can be reached at kingdahum@yahoo.com for contact or more details

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: interested in early moving need some help on the job front
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 09:20:01 pm »

You might want to start by looking for seasonal work in New Hampshire - ski lodges, Hampton Beach, Lake Winnipesaukee, that sort of thing, then apply for more permanent jobs from a New Hampshire address. It can be difficult to get interviews from out of state, and it helps to get a track record of good jobs and references from employers.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything