Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I get to know Free State residents?  (Read 2163 times)

dilberto

How can I get to know Free State residents?
« on: April 16, 2015, 09:00:41 am »

I jumped in (finally) and comitted to attending PorcFest this year, but, as it happened, the PorcFest organizers have decided to ignore any ordinary person who isn't on Facebook and haven't been willing to even initiate any email contact outside of Facebook.

So, I don't think I will feel very welcome at PorcFest, but since I'm comitted to driving from California to attend PorcFest, I hope that I can go elsewhere, in New Hampshire and meet some people in the Free State Project.

How can I meet a few people in the Free State? I am seriously interested in relocating but couldn't find anywhere on this message board offering any kind of personal contact to get to know Free Staters, prior to the actual "move in" event.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: How can I get to know Free State residents?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:47:34 pm »

I think you should just come to PorcFest anyway; it's a huge event and you'll meet all sorts of people. However, here is a website with a list of liberty-related events going on in-state: http://www.nhcalendar.org . A good way to find smaller groups to meet.

P.S. Have you contacted the organizers and they just haven't responded, or have you asked them to contact you and they haven't initiated contact? Here's the contact form that would generate an email to the lead organizer: http://porcfest.com/contact/
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

dilberto

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:16 am »

Thanks Jason - the calendar was just what I needed.

I'm looking forward to PorcFest, its just that, at this point it's been 4 or 5 weeks since I paid and haven't gotten any replies to emails or submission through the contact form on the web site. I just want to make sure I have some way of meeting folks outside of PorcFest while I'm in NH.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:29:21 pm »

You could always try sending an email directly to kristin@porcfest.com. Maybe the web form is broken??
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

dilberto

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 06:40:25 am »

You could always try sending an email directly to kristin@porcfest.com. Maybe the web form is broken??

I've already tried that a couple of times. Thanks.

politicalGRAFFITI

• New Hampshire Underground Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 09:15:13 pm »

I went to my first PorcFest in 2005.

I just walked around and talked to people. By and large a friendly bunch of people.

It's a big adventure moving and establishing your new life.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:52 am »

I might have to file for forum handle copyright violation.  >:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up