Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hate to bring bad news, but....  (Read 21763 times)

AZViking

Re: Hate to bring bad news, but....
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2016, 03:08:12 am »

Parts of Wyoming, Colorado, Alberta, and even Arizona getting snow as I type, literally anywhere from 60 to 90 days early. Nothing like having snow in Arizona in August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YYceTks2i8

Furthermore, solar cycle 24 started having days with zero sunspots in June, which is roughly 3 years early for a typical solar cycle and almost a year early when compared to the solar cycle leading in to the Maunder Minimum.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/09/scientist-predicts-little-ice-age-gets-icey-reception-from-colleagues/

Professor Zharkova has an interesting solar model that has a significant degree of predictive accuracy and is consistent with historic sun spot data. Her model not only predicts that solar cycle 24 will rapidly fall off in strength but also that solar cycle 25 will be astonishingly weak. Looking at her model, winters will grow progressively longer and more severe until 2045 or so before moderating a little into the 2050s.

Watch for when you start seeing centuries old record low lows and record low highs being shattered by 10-15 degrees.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2016, 07:56:58 am »

Then why last month the warmest month in history?
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

AZViking

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2016, 09:05:52 am »

If you are refering to data put out by NOAA, after they have been repeatedly and serially falsifying their data, then good luck.

I find it strange that someone involved with the FSP would so readilly believe an agency of the Federal Government that, again, has an extensive history of faking their own data.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2016, 07:24:48 pm »

They haven't "falsified" data, which implies intent to deceive. And all the temperature datasets show pretty similar results, including the satellite data produced by climate change skeptics at the University of Alabama, Huntsville.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

AZViking

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2016, 01:59:14 pm »

They haven't?

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/alterations-to-climate-data/

I am soooooooooo winning this bet.

AZViking

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »

And by the way, what actually started the whole "Climategate" kerfuffle was that a couple of meteorologists started pointing out the fact that with NOAA closing substantially ALL of their rural temperature stations, little more than the urban heat dome effect (which has been documented for almost a century now) more than offsets the claims of increasing global surface temperatures.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2016, 06:37:45 pm »

Precisely because of things like the urban heat island effect, scientists are always adjusting and updating the raw data to better match reality. Anyway, the urban heat island effect has been known about for years, and research has shown how to deal with it.

AZViking

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2016, 04:40:35 pm »

When you say "how to deal with it" when referring to the "urban heat island" effect, do you mean, take the temperature readings in urban settings (which only account for roughly 5% of the total land area in the US) and apply it to the other 95% of the land mass?

If so, then that is precisely how NOAA has been applying it as they shutter virtuall all of the rural temperature reading stations.

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2016, 05:56:54 pm »

i'm rooting for lower temps just to see the global warming cultists forced to gradually backtrack. Although I don't know what will happen and don't claim to know whether there's global warming...  just don't like the "you are required to think XYZ" vibe they spew. 
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2016, 08:24:36 pm »

When you say "how to deal with it" when referring to the "urban heat island" effect, do you mean, take the temperature readings in urban settings (which only account for roughly 5% of the total land area in the US) and apply it to the other 95% of the land mass?

If so, then that is precisely how NOAA has been applying it as they shutter virtuall all of the rural temperature reading stations.

No, what they do is to adjust urban temp readings downward when aggregating to continental or global means in order to adjust for the heat island effect.

AZViking

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2016, 10:50:36 am »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2016, 06:58:58 pm »

It hardly matters, since all the major temperature datasets yield similar results, including the one run by climate skeptics:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/graphics/Temperature_Composite_1024.jpg

AZViking

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2016, 08:59:47 pm »

It very much matters.

Did you even look at the site you linked?

They are NOT skeptics. They push the exact same CO2 driven AGW that has nothing to do with reality. Just because someone calls themselves a "skeptic" doesn't make it so. Apparantly, you would believe a government shill just so long as he/she claims to be a "government skeptic." Welcome to propaganda 101.

Plants grow better in a CO2 rich environment, which pulls it out of the atmosphere at an accelerated rate. Further, there is extensive evidence that CO2 in the atmosphere is actually a lagging indicator of climate change and not a leading indicator. It is a lagging indicator because plants require a minimum ratio of solar wattage.

The graph you linked is a joke. Even the climatologists that have been pushing CO2 driven AGW agree that there hasn't been any global warming for 19 years.

I'm guessing that you never went to Steve Goddard's site I linked previously or you wouldn't have linked to a graph completely debunked.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2016, 09:00:41 pm »

I wasn't referring to the site hosting that image; I was referring to the UAH satellite dataset.

And yeah, I've been to Steve Goddard's site. A lot of smoke & mirrors, but even he doesn't deny that there's been a lot of warming since the '70s.

AZViking

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2016, 06:02:47 pm »

And now the arctic sea ice has record setting growth over the last two weeks following one of the shortest Arctic Ocean and Hudson Bay melt seasons on record.

https://iceagenow.info/record-growth-arctic-sea-ice-past-2-weeks/

The Atlantic Multi-Decadal Oscillation is going cold. We are entering into a La Nina in the Pacific as well as the Pacific Multi-Decadal Oscillation also going cold.

Currently, Montana and Idaho are getting significant snowfall down to 6000 feet.

We are barely a weekend into September and there are already roads closed going into Yellowstone due to snow.

And.....Tucson is supposed to have a high of 80 on Wednesday, freaking 19 degrees below normal.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up