Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to NH from Canada  (Read 8030 times)

cl2010

Moving to NH from Canada
« on: October 20, 2012, 07:36:33 pm »

So... its been 2 years since I visited this forum and now I am seriously considering moving to New Hampshire.

You see... I have a girlfriend who lives there and she wants to petition me so I can move there. 

However I am still not sure to take her offer or not.  As of now, weighing pros and cons of moving to New Hampshire.  My main concern is employment.  I currently work as a security guard in Canada.  Make about $15 per hour.  Of course, minus taxes and all that, my real take home pay is really about $12 per hour. 

When I move to New Hampshire, is there lots of jobs in security? 

Cuz what seems to be tying me to Canada is my relatively stable job and the healthcare. 

So help me decide here, folks.  In the long run... would the move to NH be a smart move? 

Thank you.

KMX

Re: Moving to NH from Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 11:01:42 am »

It would be a very smart move!

Job post on the facebook page everyday.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/fspjobalert/

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »

So help me decide here, folks.  In the long run... would the move to NH be a smart move?  

Thank you.

Yes it will be a smart move.
Take her up on her offer.
Move to New Hampshire.  It's warmer than most of Canada.
Get a job in NH that pays more than your old job while your taxes and living expenses get lower.
Carry a gun....just because you CAN.
Marry the girl.  C'mon you know you love her.
Apply for citizenship so you can vote the bums out.
Stay here and help the FSP movers reduce the size and impact of the bureaucracy.
NH needs you.  If you stay there you will continue to beat your head against a brick wall of overwhelming numbers closed liberal minds, while in NH you will have many friends and allies. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:49:35 pm by Jerry »

KMX

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:24:43 am »

Yeah what he said!

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 01:14:07 pm »

Yes it will be a smart move.
Take her up on her offer.
Move to New Hampshire.  It's warmer than most of Canada.
Get a job in NH that pays more than your old job while your taxes and living expenses get lower.
Carry a gun....just because you CAN.
Marry the girl.  C'mon you know you love her.
Apply for citizenship so you can vote the bums out.
Stay here and help the FSP movers reduce the size and impact of the bureaucracy.
NH needs you.  If you stay there you will continue to beat your head against a brick wall of overwhelming numbers closed liberal minds, while in NH you will have many friends and allies. 

Epic response. +100
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 02:14:34 pm »

NH is for lovers.
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front

porcupinerealtor

• Mark Warden Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 06:52:13 pm »

Let us know if we can answer any questions for you. The Facebook jobs alert may be very useful for you. Craigslist lists many such jobs too. Are you going just over the border? You may have Obamacare for your healthcare for better or worse. Even if we secede, you can always go for free healthcare to nearby MA or VT ;-).
Mark Warden
cell 603.391.2888
mark@porcupinerealestate.com
porcupinerealestate.com
facebook.com/porcupinerealestate
twitter.com/porcupinerealty

SilverBeast

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 02:06:35 pm »

You'll have Canadian Healthcare under specific circumstances.  If you keep visiting Canada you stay qualified for Healthcare.  Max out of Country to be covered I think is 6 months less a day.  So 2-3 trips to Canada a Calendar year should keep you covered for things you need in Canada.

What are the costs of Health Insurance in New Hampshire?

I suspect if you are working in Security you could find something or perhaps something even better in New Hampshire.

I quite like what the Free Staters are doing in NH.  I'm doing well in Canada and a long ways away.  Not sure how easy it would be to come myself or to bring my Thai wife along.

Matt Clem

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 07:03:59 pm »

NH is for lovers.

My native Virginia's state slogan, but its works for the Live Free or Die state too.  :)
Government is the great fiction through which everyone attempts to live at the expense of everyone else.  ~ Frederic Bastiat
Pages: [1]   Go Up