Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Private Schools  (Read 7899 times)

LFD4ever

Private Schools
« on: July 10, 2012, 11:13:51 pm »

I am not going to be moving there for a few years so I thought I would put this out there for someone to run with given the new status of NH in the education department. I am someone who has for a very long time against public education, however any attempt to end it through legislation would be a disaster. Instead lets end it by putting them out of business. I suggest that local liberty lovers go around to businesses and attempt to get them to donate their portion of property tax to private schools. Don't have one in your area? Start one.

A suggestion on how to handle "grade levels"

use the state standard for grade level but allow students to progress at their own rate. age is not connected to grade. "Ok Timmy you have passed X Y and Z so now your in 5th grade". also allow students to more easily pass grade levels. They only have to demonstrate they know the material.

LFD4ever

Re: Private Schools
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 11:15:03 pm »

Why would businesses be interested. The public school system is bad and everyone knows it. Point out to the business owners that it is in their best interest to have well educated consumers and employees.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: Private Schools
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31:00 pm »

The Good Shepard School was an example of an inexpensive (less than $400 a month) program that produced great results.  They intermixed grades, and the older students taught the younger ones.

To save money, achiever type students (especially 8-13) can do lecture halls, watching movies, and taking notes.  To save even more money, you can have computer rooms and libraries that are set up for students to act on their own.  More students generally means lower cost per student.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1]   Go Up