Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snow isn't for Sissies  (Read 190 times)

politicalGRAFFITI

• New Hampshire Underground Forum
Snow isn't for Sissies
« on: March 17, 2017, 05:05:42 pm »

Snow isn't for Sissies

Some are put off by the winters up here in the northern woods. Its just part of the beauty of the four distinct seasons.

Who needs a gym membership, fall is firewood, winter is snow shoveling, spring and summer are working in the gardens.

https://youtu.be/CvyTwSHXkiE

RP2016

Re: Snow isn't for Sissies
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:50:46 am »

If you don't want to do all that shoveling you can always buy a snow blower  :)

politicalGRAFFITI

• New Hampshire Underground Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:48:04 am »

If you don't want to do all that shoveling you can always buy a snow blower  :)

How would I get my exercise?  ;D

Yeah, we had a snow blower when we first lived here... dang thing would grab a rock and shoot it out with frightening force (we have a gravel driveway). We have mostly used a plow on our ATV. But, the deeper snow is a challenger for the machine to push especially once the snow gets banked deep on the sides.

My wife likes the fact that shoveling is less wear and tear on the ATV and means we get the snow further off the sides. But, you are right a snow blower is a great way to do that. My dream would be a tractor with a loader on the front and a large snow blower on the rear.

The point of the video is with regard to some folks not wanting to move because they are frightened of the winters. I promised myself not to be a sissy about weather... I have the right clothing and try to have the right attitude. I enjoy working outside here in the winter. No bugs, you don't overheat and it is often sunny with gorgeous blue skies. As long as it's not cloudy and windy I can get a lot done in the winter and enjoy it.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:50:09 pm »

This time of year with the strong sunlight and temps at least in the 20s most days, often 30s and 40s, it can be downright pleasant to be out and about during the day.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything