Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: N.H. Tech Job Market (High Level View)?  (Read 399 times)

streetfacts

N.H. Tech Job Market (High Level View)?
« on: February 24, 2017, 02:15:17 pm »

Really nice effort and support from FSP!

I have been getting mixed signals from what exactly is going on with NH Job Market High Tech, but are starting to ge the picture. Please pardon if I make any misinterpretations, feel free to correct me. I hope this will not only help me personally, but others planning to move to New Hampshire and look for employment or starting a business.

It seems the relevant cities based on postings, is Manchester and Concord. If you are interested in the high tech (Telecom, IT, Software Development, Security, Consulting, Data Center, etc) then Boston will be the best route. But, this comes at a price... state taxes. I am not sure how that works, coming from Florida, but if anyone can add their experience... new comers like me, will be truly grateful.

I have also seen comments, that for N.H. higher wages, the city of Lebanon is recommended due to a larger footprint of industrial and manufacturing. So for example, my background is Networking and I am interested in the Industrial Networking area - will Lebanon be the right place or is this city in a downturn due to Mexico/China imports?

Your comments and input will be greatly appreciated! 

Robert Rivera - Florida.

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.
Re: N.H. Tech Job Market (High Level View)?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 07:48:27 pm »

Hi Robert.  Are you on FB?  There is a jobs group that has lots of discussion about this very subject.

streetfacts

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »

Hi Levi, I was able to join the FB today. I will paste same question on FB. Thks!

streetfacts

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 07:56:10 pm »

I am pending group acceptance from the FSP Job forum.

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 09:49:05 pm »

Great!  You will get a lot of response there. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up