Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Coverage  (Read 745 times)

TG3D

Wireless Coverage
« on: November 23, 2016, 06:34:30 pm »

Hi, I'm fairly committed to making the move in the very near future, contingent on finding a job. With that in mind, my old phone is crapping out and I need to buy a new one before I do.  I've been with AT&T forever. I get a great service discount. Rarely talk on it so I've accumulated a ton of rollover minutes with the cheapest plan. Basically I'm saving a bunch of money but none of that does me any good if the coverage sucks. Their map looks good but I don't trust it.  At this point I'm looking at the Manchester area. Any advice?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Wireless Coverage
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 11:28:09 am »

We used to have AT&T. It should be fine in the Manchester area and suburbs. If you get much north of Concord, you'll want to get Verizon.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

trevorparscal

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:26:18 am »

I can verify that Verizon works really well throughout Manchester and Concord. I think the trick is mostly that coverage is best near major highways and turnpikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TG3D

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 09:39:07 pm »

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Squalus

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 08:47:12 pm »

How is the T-mobile coverage?

paperboy

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 08:26:20 am »

I live north of the Volvo Line and the only two providers that are worth a nickel are Verizon (I'm sad to say, not a fan) and US Cellular.

USC I do not believe is a true national carrier, and therefore are often overlooked, but they do work good north of Concord.

Despite this, even with Verizon and USC, there are going to be places that it doesn't work.

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 06:24:10 pm »

Like Jason said, you should be fine in Manchester with ATT.  Verizon is best for NH as a whole.  However, even with Verizon there are many rural areas of the state with no reception.  I'm frequently without cell reception for up to thirty-minute stretches of drives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything