Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General Homeschool Information  (Read 1057 times)

jason_c

General Homeschool Information
« on: February 12, 2016, 02:33:02 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking for more information on homeschooling.  I’ve been looking for forums and info and have been running into some low quality stuff.   

My background info:  I grew up in public school early on and later private military school.  I’ve completed a couple of semesters of brick and mortar college, but have my Associates and am working on my Bachelors through a distance learning (online) college.  After 12 years in the Army (3 of which as an instructor), I’m now an internet marketer, working with SEO, content marketing, and website building.  I’ve built distance learning platforms for adult learning centers, but have been wanting to get into childrens education.  I haven’t had a good reason to get into this before, but I have the highest motivation now.  I have a one month old and I want a GREAT platform for his education by the time he’s ready for school. 

Over the years I’ve been looking at home schooling and how it could be improved from what I knew of it from the outsider looking in.  I had some friends who had been homeschooled and some that were homeschooling their children, but I never felt comfortable getting involved since I didn’t have any first person experience.  So now that I have a son and loads of ideas, I want to help build a better system.

However, I don’t want to recreate the wheel.  So I’m looking for some of the best resources and maybe a dedicated community where I can begin to understand how things work right now.  It may be that all of my ideas are already implemented and it was just that the people I knew hadn’t been using them, or there may be reasons why they can’t be.   

So if anyone is willing to help out by pointing me towards some of the better resources, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in Advance,

Jason

LakesRegion

Re: General Homeschool Information
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:21:00 pm »

Hello Jason,

Yes, NH has a very vibrant homeschooling community. There are many homeschool families and co-op's in the area. I'm not exactly sure what kind of information you are looking for. Are you looking for a curriculum?

jason_c

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 06:44:06 pm »

Hey LakesRegion,

Thanks for the response!

While curriculum might be a good direction, I'm really looking for co-op websites or forums where I can see the type of engagement going on.  Of course I plan on being in New Hampshire in the next couple of years so local based information would be great as well, but not exclusive to what I'm trying to get.  What I would most like to see is someplace where the children are engaging one another online or off. 

Thanks Again,

Jason

QBcrusher

• Liberty Archives
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 02:09:01 pm »

I don't really have any NH related information for you, but I do have a lot of informational material for free (stuff you won't find publicly) on my website that you could use to build a curriculum with.

Check it out if you need some material to work with, it ranges from pre-school level to post-grad textbooks.

http://libertyarchives.info/library
One of the biggest, resilient, liberty oriented archiving efforts on the internet

http://libertyarchives.info
Pages: [1]   Go Up